Login

russian armor

U 'BLOB' SA

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
28 Jun 2014, 08:06 AM

You guys probably ignore the existence of wurframen. I admit that USA blobs are to strong and their infantry number just increases during game capping everything (what's new?) but I saw what a wurframen strike can do on such blob. Believe me it does look good.
The AA sdkfz doesn't work so good anymore, I rather use PZII. Such blob must be countered with combined arms (what's new again?) as every german faction in this game did against blobs. If you expect to spam volks or sturms too and win, think again.
Again, it's to soon to complain "this is OP".
28 Jun 2014, 09:00 AM

I wouldn't rush a Luchs into a Bazooka blob to be honest :D

I struggle sometimes a bit as well, I guess these are your best options:

-Obersoldaten or Fallschirmjäger in appropriate quantity, ideally in better position (they also can melt); can use Volksgrenadiers to build sandbags if you have time to prepare a defensive position
-leIG 18
-Wurfrahmen 40 (Stuka zu Fuß)
-Sturmtiger

Wurfrahmen and Sturmtiger cost a lot of fuel so you won't get them very early. Going for Wurfrahmen first is also risky because you won't get out a Puma etc. then. So you have to survive until then with what you can get, or somehow counter vehicles differently, which can be difficult especially if they use their Flak Halftrack or the Mortar and Artillery vehicles.
28 Jun 2014, 09:15 AM

US has the best machinegun in the game and tanks with HE rounds.

And OKW have THE best weapon in game for dealing with blobs, walking stuka.
28 Jun 2014, 09:57 AM

MGs need an AOE suppression buff. I'm seeing it too, you don't see it as much in 1v1, because they are better players, but they could do it too. Literally run the blob at the MG and only one or two units will get suppressed.

It wasn't as big a deal with conscripts, though still painful, because the conscripts do less DPS so the MG is more likely to survive a reposition/retreat. Rifle blob just kills it every time, only 3 rifles required, even head-on.

You need to basically have sturmpios standing next to your MGs all game, because Volks might as well not be there. Wehr still has LMG grens/pgrens/ACs...

28 Jun 2014, 10:26 AM

USA is the weakest faction in the game imo.
I have tried all of them and I found USA hardest to play, it's early game is poor (you are forced to use rifles), medium game is good (bar upgrades and bazookas) but lategame really sux. You have nothing to counter camping players (only priest howitzer from inf commander), you have any tank that could absorb a little damage.
28 Jun 2014, 10:31 AM

OKW has enough counters to kill blobs ;)

i blobbed as OKW too and it's very mighty

I had 2 Obersoldaten Trupps and Volks that was incredible..
28 Jun 2014, 10:39 AM

Ostheer have an issue with fighting the USF, especially vs lots of riflemen, however StugE's and MG42's do pack quite a punch too...

As OKW though you shouldn't really have any issue vs a rifle blob. Walking Stukka, Sturmtiger, FlackHT, Oberstoldarten, Falshims, Mg38's all do really well vs rifle blobs.
28 Jun 2014, 11:09 AM

Problem against blob's? Luftwaffe Ground Forces is the solution.
28 Jun 2014, 11:22 AM

Get 2 obersoldaten or superpioneers behind the blob at their retreat path -> force the blob to retreat with a walking stuka etc
28 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM

MGs need an AOE suppression buff. I'm seeing it too, you don't see it as much in 1v1, because they are better players, but they could do it too. Literally run the blob at the MG and only one or two units will get suppressed.

It wasn't as big a deal with conscripts, though still painful, because the conscripts do less DPS so the MG is more likely to survive a reposition/retreat. Rifle blob just kills it every time, only 3 rifles required, even head-on.

You need to basically have sturmpios standing next to your MGs all game, because Volks might as well not be there. Wehr still has LMG grens/pgrens/ACs...

MG needs a sustain fire ability ,raking a area suppressing troops for say 5 -7 sec but if used the firing arc of the MG narrows by say 50% and cannot move while being used
28 Jun 2014, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 05:09 AMVulture
This needs to be fixed.

I've lost multiple games now to blobs by 5+ squads of riflemen with BARs and bazookas. Even if I have multiple MGs set up in green cover with armor support, the BARs shred the MG teams to pieces before they become suppressed.

You can't even use an Ostwind against blobs like this because 5 bazookas will shred armor in seconds.

Also, grenadiers seem rather impotent right now as it feels like they can't counter even one squad of riflemen without any upgrades.

So, do they have Bazookas or do they have BARs? Which is it?

People losing to any blob regardless of faction must be AFK. Try moving your units around for god's sake, a blob shouldn't ever be something that loses you the game. If he's moving in a blob, cap the map around him. Try using something other than just a poorly placed single MG out in the open. Even having two, well supported MGs dramatically changes the dynamic of the fight in your favour.

The US has no hardcounters to crowdcontrol except for Smoke and trying to rush the position with as much infantry as possible. Its tanks suck and miss most of the time. The Major's artillery barrage is generally ineffective.

And seriously, a single AT Gun will force off the US half track. If he doesn't move it immediately after the first shot lands, it will probably die, and that's excluding any Fausts(If Wehrmacht).
28 Jun 2014, 13:10 PM

How to counter a blob you learn in the noob a-b-c. Somebody who blobs loses map presence and bleeds a lot of manpower. There are enough units that punish blobbing, you just have to use them.

28 Jun 2014, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 09:15 AMKatitof

And OKW have THE best weapon in game for dealing with blobs, walking stuka.

What can be avoided if you open your ears.
28 Jun 2014, 15:42 PM

haha lolcake. i knew it. wfa gets released and shortly after you rant about the so OP allies. let the toxicity and bias flow through you, dont forget to ignore that 4 min okw flak halftrack.
29 Jun 2014, 00:59 AM

Permanently Banned
haha lolcake. i knew it. wfa gets released and shortly after you rant about the so OP allies. let the toxicity and bias flow through you, dont forget to ignore that 4 min okw flak halftrack.

Yet the AA halftrack is perfectly ignorable even though its better than OKW halftrack that was NERFED as well.

Fail
29 Jun 2014, 01:29 AM

For OKW, in my limited experience, I've found that the Flaktrack (as I call it) and the Sturmtiger pretty much negate blobs. Bazookas don't do that much frontal damage on tanks, anyway. Even if a blob rolling into a Sturmtiger retreats as soon as it releases when is about to happen (oh that is a sweet moment), a blob with 3 full strength squads is gonna run out of there with two 1 man squads, if lucky.

edit - my limited experience and low ELO is actually a plus in this case, as my level is where blobs MIGHT be a problem.
29 Jun 2014, 01:46 AM

Not all blobs are created equal. Brits were the blobbler's wet dream come true. WFA Amis? No where near as bad. Flak HTs, Sturmtigers, Obersoldaten all eat blobs for breakfast.
29 Jun 2014, 02:13 AM

Manpower bleed loses games.

Learn to use suppression and focus fire. Use the map to your advantage. Use grenades and mortars. Use in the field reinforcement from halftracks.

29 Jun 2014, 10:37 AM

Suppression does do sheep to US blob.
29 Jun 2014, 14:20 PM

So once again you have only nit picked at what you hate the most. Lets actual analyse the whole situation: First, the American faction is designed around rifle men, hence the weapons rack style upgrade system and Tier unlocks that only gain experience through other units.

+1

US revolves around riflemen. They are, as their description states, the backbone of that army. And even so, how is it that in the first two minutes of a game, one sturmpioneer squad can annihilate two riflemen squads, and one RE squad that had been firing on it from green cover ? Oh yeah...with support from a kubelwagon. Quit whining; if anything, those sturmpios are goddamn ridiculous.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight