Login

russian armor

Relic we need to talk about units getting stuck.

raw
26 Jun 2014, 19:11 PM

I just had a game where I had a cal.50 MG, a rifleman and a friggin AT gun getting stuck. Stuck as in they ignore any commands you give them. The AT gun in particular I had to let wipe and recrew 3 times until it started functioning again.

Single models of squads can get stuck between objects. Tanks and in particular the U.S. Ambulance have an absolutely horrible AI. It also looks like the collision box of the Ambulance is far bigger than the model's size. Tanks won't reliably drive backwards anymore etc...

My mouse keeps disappearing randomly.

All in all we're back at square one at vCoH2 launch. Most of the AI improvements since that day seem to have been wiped with WFA.

Something needs to be done.
26 Jun 2014, 20:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

26 Jun 2014, 20:25 PM

Yeah this happens a lot. Had a game where one of my units constantly had misplaced guys, running all over the place (retreating did not solve it). Happens to the 0 OKW At gun pretty regularly as well.
26 Jun 2014, 20:37 PM

Yes, in one game I had a whole Sturmpionier squad stuck at the main base for the whole game. In another game I had frequently retreating units twitch around in front of the retreat point truck but never get out of retreat unless you somehow make them stop with other units.

And no, I have no replays of that.
28 Jun 2014, 04:15 AM

Yeah, had AT gun get stuck in 1v1, that's game-changing when you give your opponent a free AT gun.

If infantry gets stuck in a corner though (like one of the corners in the graveyard on Semois, or the triangle near the east cut-off on Kholodny winter) you can usually vault out of it.

28 Jun 2014, 04:34 AM

Oh this wasn't just me? I had a unit frozen as well, they got killed because of it.
28 Jun 2014, 05:02 AM

Yea I had a game where my AT gun would get stuck and wouldn't respond to orders causing me to lose the game. I've found US tanks have pathing issues as well causing them to frequently turn one full circle veeerry slowly...
raw
28 Jun 2014, 08:19 AM

Just had it again, this time when crewing a freshly dropped AT gun. The troops I used to man it where split up but never actually manned the gun.

raw
28 Jun 2014, 09:51 AM

Holy fucking shit, that unit AI is complete garbage. Putting this game on Ice until Relic get their shit sorted out.
30 Jun 2014, 10:27 AM

I am uploading this time a replay of this.

You can see that my Sturmpioneer squad right at the beginning has a guy being stuck in the base. I didn't even notice it first, but my squad was behaving strangely (I give shift-commands to cap points, but they will immediately leave a point after they moved to it before it got capped). Later I felt they were also unresponsive. Only then I looked at them and noticed that a guy was missing. I saw then it was stuck in the base.

A team mate tried to help me by killing the guy with a grenade but it didn't kill it... much later I threw also a grenade on it and finally my squad could be used properly.

Later in the replay (don't know time sadly, quite late though) you can see that squads at the retreat point don't stop their retreat animation when they are already at the base. They only stop when you micro things away. In some other game it wasn't even enough to move away soldiers that might stand in the way, you had to walk INTO the retreating soldiers to somehow get them out of that locked situation.

PS: In that game you can also see various attempts of Panzerfüsiliers throwing grenades, but they will just never throw it. I have no problem with any other squad in OKW throwing grenades, but Panzerfüsiliers bug out in 90% of the cases. Relic needs to fix this shit as well.

raw
3 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

Just had my AT gun getting stuck in the American Base...

And the AI fails I have seen...

Even Age of Empires 2 AI is leagues ahead of this game. And all that AI can do is move and attack.

Embarassing, Relic. Embarassing and terrible.
3 Jul 2014, 19:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah I now get it at least once every match with my support teams
3 Jul 2014, 20:00 PM

3 Jul 2014, 20:04 PM

I've had rifles completely ignore stop order today as well.
raw
3 Jul 2014, 20:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAMAATUYWdM#t=01h27m40s

Rifleman squad ignore move order twice.

I am not sure if it is lag or the UI is bugging out but that is another serious issue.
raw
16 Jul 2014, 19:54 PM

16 Jul 2014, 20:28 PM
Benefactor 355

I have been having my ZISs and Raketenwerfers stuck all the time. Also AssPios get stuck from time to time after retreat. I am not sure what circumstances cause this to happen, but it gets annoying.
16 Jul 2014, 20:32 PM

I had a similar bug, got it in a replay, even in the replay you cannot select the unit.
16 Jul 2014, 20:44 PM
Patrion 27

Somewhat (un)related: I use autohotkey to re-map everything to the numpad because I'm a filthy left-hander nad I found out changing the "stop" and "reverse/retreat" keys has a weird interaction. Reverse will always work, but hitting the key for retreat will have a verbal acknowledgement by the unit "retreeeeat!" and they won't retreat 95% of the time. Same with stop.
17 Jul 2014, 04:14 AM
Patrion 15

I have had this happen multiple times as well. Sometimes they ignore unit commands for just a few seconds, while I've had other support teams be completely unresponsive to my own commands, get wiped, recrewed by the enemy, only to have it ignore his commands as well. This instance makes me think the issue is tied to the weapon itself, rather than the squad controlling it.

Doth I use AHK as well and for a while now I find myself going "I swear I told that squad to retreat" but just wrote it off as me being bad and miscliking. I have the stop key mapped to spacebar, but I don't have the retreat key remapped. Do you think there is any correlation with your problem and mine?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment