Login

russian armor

CoH2 Westen Fronts runs worse than vCoH2?

26 Jun 2014, 14:40 PM

When COH2 launched, my computer was fully capable of handling 3v3 matches on medium/low settings. I didn't care too much - it looked OK from a distance, and it ran just fine. I even got some decent screenshots I was putting in my desktop background rotation. I was able to stream 2v2 and 3v3s as well, using the ingame streaming tool.

But now 2v2s are slowing to like 8-9 FPS in the mid-late game (sporadically, not consistently, but even then the framerate isn't great despite being 30-60 in the early game?), and I have to run the UI at like 66% (which makes the game quite muddy) to hit acceptable performance levels. Is this just me, or are other people noting that WFA is harder on their systems too?

I'm running Windows 8.1 btw...

I've been trying to use Razer's Game Booster app to increase performance but this doesn't seem to be working particularly well, if at all. I'm running Windows 8.1 if that matters. My computer has a dual core i7 that overclocks to 3.3 GHz, 2GB of VRAM, 8GB of RAM (both DDR3) and I have COH2 installed on an SSD... I know my specs aren't super great, but it seems like I should be well able to run COH2 on the same medium-low settings I was before.

Perhaps a Relic employee might chime in on WFA having steeper system requirements than the base game? I love this game and have my fingers crossed there's something I can do about this.
26 Jun 2014, 14:43 PM
Patrion 14

I'm on Windows 7 and I've noticed a serious decrease in performance as well. I've had to significantly reduce my settings to make the game playable, and it's still awful.

I'm using a GTX680 which is factory overclocked to a similar level of performance as a GTX770.

I also still get regular "hiccups" where the game will freeze with no real reason, before catching up and resuming.
26 Jun 2014, 14:55 PM

I have the same Problem here

I thought i am the once who has this Problem.

26 Jun 2014, 14:59 PM

Performance on my pc actually increased since WFA.
26 Jun 2014, 15:01 PM

My performance got worse with the new WFA.

I have medium settings and It worked great in 2v2 maps, Now I often see the message of "your specs are too high" ingame.
26 Jun 2014, 15:33 PM

Worse for me too. I noticed there is more effects like physics and destruction including limb amputations, the stuff we were complaining about how the game was downgraded in multiplayer between beta and release. Looks like they added all the bells and whistles back in at the expense of performance.

To Relic: Why is there no option to disable or decrease particle effects. I don't need super grainy fog to enjoy the game, make it optional because it ruins the experience for people that don't have $350 GPUs.
26 Jun 2014, 16:12 PM

my performance got worse too
26 Jun 2014, 16:18 PM
Donator 33

Apparently there's a memory leak issue they're working on - hopefully the more extreme cases are due to that so we can keep the eye candy.
26 Jun 2014, 16:20 PM

My performance got a little better, but now I have a 15+ second input lag that happens every 2-3 games or so. It's really frustrating when you have to retreat when you lose one man or you might lose the entire squad because they just sit there.
26 Jun 2014, 16:41 PM

Glad to see this, having similar problems. Performance dropped substantially after WF.

Also appearing to have some input lag again. Probably a performance problem. Frequently when I click the mouse no action occurs. I often have to reselect units 2-3 times now to get a response. In close battles this is a killer. Losing many more squads that fail to retreat when "issued" an order.
26 Jun 2014, 16:52 PM

I've had a similar issue where random freezing will occur. It usually lasts from half a second to 3 or 4 seconds. Doesn't sound like a long time but it can be an eternity in game. I always play the game on high settings, but this shouldn't be a problem with my computer. It was never an issue before WFA.

Hopefully it is just a fixable memory leak issue and relic will be able to patch it quickly.
26 Jun 2014, 17:42 PM

Sometimes the game freezes for me after playing for a long time. It starts as a few freezes of 1-5 seconds then hangs and I have to force restart the computer.
26 Jun 2014, 17:45 PM

I've also noticed a performance decrease. Even had a blue screen recently o_O
26 Jun 2014, 18:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Maybe you all should list your specs. I have not had any issues, and here are my specs:
26 Jun 2014, 18:07 PM

Got significant FPS drop and in-game freezes, long loading times since WFA release. Same thing Krono ˇˇ
26 Jun 2014, 18:08 PM

My performance in WFA decreased so much is not funny... before, I was able to run the game at medijm low settings but now only at low and even getting sometimes stuck at theloading screen before a match. When the match starts, im maybe 10s later and I lost the advantage already...frustrating ffs
26 Jun 2014, 21:14 PM

I also notice the match has progressed sometimes up to 20 seconds before I 'enter' it. The game was working fine before and I haven't changed any settings so I don't think it's necessary to list specs.
26 Jun 2014, 21:20 PM

I found my video settings was set to high after the patch. I was lucky that i had a screenshot that shown that my settings before patch were medium. After doing that the game is working as usually, good performance.
26 Jun 2014, 21:39 PM

I also notice the match has progressed sometimes up to 20 seconds before I 'enter' it. The game was working fine before and I haven't changed any settings so I don't think it's necessary to list specs.

Got exactly the same issue
27 Jun 2014, 03:15 AM

Permanently Banned
I get more loading times and delay at start after this new patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★