Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop Rate and Rare Commanders

PAGES (8)down
25 Jun 2014, 11:35 AM

I dont want to buy them, what i want is, since they are for free,that everybody who plays the game should get them. Not only the ones who play thousends of hours to unlock them! Cataclaw for example has so much time to play (i see his stream every day is online, after one or two days he could have them all. I cant play every day for hours so i will not get them, maybe ever!!!!
25 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM

What's the deal with these commanders, once I have them do they stay forever or...?
25 Jun 2014, 12:02 PM
Senior Editor Badge

relic introduces payed commanders, noone wants to pay and everyone think they should be free...

relic introduces free commanders through loot system, everyone wants to pay for them...

trolololol

this!!!!!
25 Jun 2014, 12:07 PM

I dont see why anyone would hate on this system. Its far better than having to pay for things and it gives a small incentive to keep playing. Play the game, and you will get commanders relatively quick. I among many others have unlocked commanders on just day 1.
25 Jun 2014, 12:21 PM

The drop system is a slight disincentive for those who would pay, even just to get something quicker instead of waiting for a drop. There's a chance you would play one game then get what you paid for in a drop.
There shouldn't be duplicates unless there is a trade system. But I'd rather play the game instead of any trading system.
At the moment I think it would be best to allow the commanders to be bought and remove the chance for duplicate drops.
25 Jun 2014, 12:30 PM
Patrion 14

I love how everyone uses the old system as a justification for a frustrating new one.

Do we all honestly believe there is no middle ground?

I love the idea of war spoils, I like the system and I agree fully that its an improvement on the old one IN SOME WAYS - but it's starting to get very frustrating now when I've played 10 or so games without a single drop. Most people would consider it broken.
25 Jun 2014, 12:52 PM

My only concern is that i wont get this commanders (at least all of them) because i dont play enough (because i dont have the time).
This is just unfair.

And please, NO i dont want to pay again for the Commanders, i already paid over 100 Euros!
25 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

My only concern is that i wont get this commanders (at least all of them) because i dont play enough (because i dont have the time).
This is just unfair.

And please, NO i dont want to pay again for the Commanders, i already paid over 100 Euros!

I paid half of it for most content.

I guess you really needed your skins.

Also, there is nothing wrong with not getting rewards for not playing the game.
25 Jun 2014, 12:59 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I haven't gotten any yet, but I must admit, I'm a sucker for this mechanic. Getting one really makes me want to play more, and I always look eagerly after the game to see if I got one. BTW, can you guys screenshot getting one please? I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Anyway, WELL PLAYED RELIC (no mvgame pure sincerity!)
25 Jun 2014, 13:01 PM

after the game, some kind of crate falls on your profile and when you open it you will be disappointed because your reward, is probably some old worthless bulletin :snfAmi:
25 Jun 2014, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 12:56 PMKatitof

I paid half of it for most content.

I guess you really needed your skins.

Also, there is nothing wrong with not getting rewards for not playing the game.

1) Me too! So???

2) You must have my creditcard info so you know that i bought the skins :-)

3) Who said that i want that?

Give the people free stuff with the really good new system but not Commanders. Because the change the game and gameplay but not for eveybody, because not eveybody will have them.
It is just unfair to punish a customer because he has not that much time to play your game.

Anyway, i will stop whining now (as someone told me in my thread about that)-

Ok, i stopped :-)

Have fun with the Game guys!!!!!
25 Jun 2014, 13:18 PM

Ever since Battle Servers there needed to be a way to make up for lack of drops.
25 Jun 2014, 14:16 PM

the poll is currently 61 who won nothing, and 7 who won a commander. Who won, and what?
25 Jun 2014, 14:25 PM

I have played about 10 games now and I have won a new faceplate....wtf My volks might be getting their arse handed to them but don't worry...its ok, I got a new faceplate!

I love this game but some of us have responsibilities that mean we are not able to play all day and have limited exposure to the game. If this is the drop rate, it is way to slow. They need to be available to buy if this is the rate.
25 Jun 2014, 14:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i don't think there is enough items for them to make the drop rate that fast soo its kinda fucked in that way.
25 Jun 2014, 14:34 PM

Lol... at first everyone is complaining about the DLC commanders because they cost too much.
Now everyone is complaining because they are free.
WTF.
25 Jun 2014, 14:38 PM

I think letting people pay is fine, it'd be the best of both worlds. Don't want to pay? No problem, earn it over time. See a really cool new commander that inspires you to build a strat around it? Buy it! Hopefully this is just the beginning though. Imagine if we could trade commanders with people or turn duplicates in for points and then use points to buy new stuff...
25 Jun 2014, 14:42 PM

During my 24 hour stream, i got 5 drops, 1 victory strike and 4 useless bulletins.

Are these commanders only available through drops?

25 Jun 2014, 14:44 PM

relic introduces payed commanders, noone wants to pay and everyone think they should be free...

relic introduces free commanders through loot system, everyone wants to pay for them...

trolololol

yes this!

I don't mind the new system really, it beats having to pay for in-game content and solves the whole "Pay to Win" issue that was starting to plague the franchise. Relic introduced paid commanders and we all spoke up against it. They listened and now they made everything free as unlockables, and we still complain.

This system allows them to continually add commanders into the game without tying it to a certain condition. Sure it'll be nice to know exactly how to unlock certain things (like achieve certain level to unlock x commander), but that's short-sighted and a bit boring. Since there is a level cap of prestige 3, you won't be able to easily add new commanders in the future when players have reached that. Plus it adds a little element of surprise at the end of a game when you see a crate drop.

It's not perfect, but I think its a step in the right direction. I don't think you should be able to "unlock" things that you already own.. this isn't Borderlands. If you've made a ton of purchases in the past and gotten every commander / skins / bulletins, then the drop should be restricted to things you haven't unlocked yet.

Alternatively, make the drop happen a lot more often and maybe tie it to in-game performance or something.. like 1 guaranteed drops per game (with possibility for more depending on RNG gods) with a chance to get any of these:

* common spoils (lame bulletins, skins, etc.)
* uncommon spoils (good bulletins, commanders)
* rare spoils (OP bulletins, OP commanders)

Who knows.. maybe it's already working this way. I guess we'll wait for Friday. If we can survive a whole year of RNG, what's another? :P
25 Jun 2014, 14:52 PM

During my 24 hour stream, i got 5 drops, 1 victory strike and 4 useless bulletins.

Are these commanders only available through drops?

Not only yes, but Noun said they don't plan to make them buyable.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS