Login

russian armor

Relic - Please lift the NDA

11 Jun 2014, 17:14 PM
Benefactor 115

I consider myself an intelligent consumer. Typically, I research all the purchases that I plan on making. I have not purchased the planned Western front expansion as I feel I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

With 2 weeks left until things go live, show your product off. Let casters cast, let me talk to the Alpha testers and get there feedback. Give me the info I need to preorder.

Thanks for your consideration on the matter.
11 Jun 2014, 17:14 PM

wont happen
11 Jun 2014, 17:19 PM

Or you can wait 2 weeks and see for yourself and ask other players then.

Its not like you need preorder or there is any discount or anything.
Its faceplates and some skins.
11 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM
Benefactor 115

wont happen

Thanks for your opinion. No harm in asking.
11 Jun 2014, 17:30 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 17:19 PMKatitof
Or you can wait 2 weeks and see for yourself and ask other players then.

Its not like you need preorder or there is any discount or anything.
Its faceplates and some skins.

I am familiar with the alternative action plans.
11 Jun 2014, 17:40 PM

What would be even better than lifting the NDA would be to let Dane cast alpha matches :P

That won't happen though since they're ending the alpha this weekend :(
11 Jun 2014, 17:41 PM

Once alpha ends ,is NDA lifted?
11 Jun 2014, 17:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

id assume until they say so the NDA is still active though it would be silly they could just keep it going forever.

edited for increased clarity as to not cause confusion.
11 Jun 2014, 17:53 PM

Once alpha ends ,is NDA lifted?

NOPE
11 Jun 2014, 17:56 PM

NOPE

Fuck it.4 days wait for 2 unit profiles that we already knew abt,a half hearted okw video ...now this.
11 Jun 2014, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 17:14 PMDucati
I consider myself an intelligent consumer. Typically, I research all the purchases that I plan on making. I have not purchased the planned Western front expansion as I feel I don't have enough information to make an informed decision.

With 2 weeks left until things go live, show your product off. Let casters cast, let me talk to the Alpha testers and get there feedback. Give me the info I need to preorder.

Thanks for your consideration on the matter.

What conclusion would you draw from the absence of information regarding the Western Front DLC? Would more information make you preorder the Western Front DLC?
What would be the benefits of sharing all information?
Which type of consumers are likely to preorder?

These are all questions with the same answer.
11 Jun 2014, 19:13 PM
Benefactor 3110

Well i ordered already, cause i will anyway. In my opinion you do not need an empiric study to buy a game. Especially if it is only an expansion. If you are uncertain just wait 2 more weeks as people already suggested. Still i would like the nda partly lifted to see some casts from amipolizeifunk, Imperial dane, RNP and so on, just to make my mouth wet.
11 Jun 2014, 19:27 PM
Benefactor 115

What conclusion would you draw from the absence of information regarding the Western Front DLC? Would more information make you preorder the Western Front DLC?
What would be the benefits of sharing all information?
Which type of consumers are likely to preorder?

These are all questions with the same answer.

I can't draw any conclusion from an absence of information.
I can not say if more information would persuade me to pre-order. My decision would be based on the content of the game and whether I find value there.
The benefits of sharing more information; are you asking from my perspective or Relics?
I can't answer the last question without making a bunch of assumptions.
11 Jun 2014, 19:32 PM

Go to: Cohofficial on Youtube.
Watch the two latest streams.
Read all the posts on the threads of USA/OKW.
And then you should have a good idea of what you are getting.
11 Jun 2014, 19:38 PM
Patrion 14

I'm frustrated with the NDA but TBH we haven't played the game Relic is actually going to release.

I've got a good idea of what they'll change but there's a hell of a lot of balance stuff going on under the hood too.

It's not our call, but most of us have lots of good stuff to say about the XP. During the alpha they definitely listened to some of our burning issues, there are others that will only get resolved by people playing the game.

But like braciszek says, despite the buttoned-up approach Relic is taking, there's still a fair bit of material for the OP to make an informed decision IMO.

Would I say buy it after playing it for a month or so?

Hell yes.

(btw just played a great 2 v 2 OKW versus US on Semiosky :P )
11 Jun 2014, 19:39 PM
Benefactor 115

Well i ordered already, cause i will anyway. In my opinion you do not need an empiric study to buy a game. Especially if it is only an expansion. If you are uncertain just wait 2 more weeks as people already suggested. Still i would like the nda partly lifted to see some casts from amipolizeifunk, Imperial dane, RNP and so on, just to make my mouth wet.

I don't need a study, but I feel it is wise to fully understand what I'm getting before handing over the funds. Its ok if you feel otherwise.

Again, I understand I can wait till the expansion comes out and purchase it then. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly in the original post.

Yea, as braciszek have pointed out, you lack information only if you choose to do so given all the information within articles, trailers, blog posts, streams.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2014, 19:27 PMDucati

I can't draw any conclusion from an absence of information.
I can not say if more information would persuade me to pre-order. My decision would be based on the content of the game and whether I find value there.
The benefits of sharing more information; are you asking from my perspective or Relics?
I can't answer the last question without making a bunch of assumptions.

Given the NDA, my second attempt :P.

If a used car salesman would try and sell you a bad car, would he share every piece of information regarding that particular car? Would you still buy the car after you were able to assess the poor quality of the car? Would it benefit the used car salesman to share all information? Would a less informed buyer be more likely to buy the car in comparison to a fully informed buyer?
11 Jun 2014, 19:42 PM

Given the NDA, my second attempt :P.

If a used car salesman would try and sell you a bad car, would he share every piece of information regarding that particular car? Would you still buy the car after you were able to assess the poor quality of the car? Would it benefit the used car salesman to share all information? Would a less informed buyer be more likely to buy the car in comparison to a fully informed buyer?

That analogy is making WFA look like a scam...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★