Login

russian armor

Zis Gun Merging Bug

9 Jun 2014, 13:51 PM

I tried to merge a 2-man ZiS gun with a 6-man conscript squad. However, the ZiS gun got decrewed at about the exact same time as I merged it with the conscript squad. My entire 6-man conscript squad ran of the field. My ZiS gun was decrewed and I lost my 6-man conscript squad.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a replay as I forgot to save that particular game and played another game right after. My apologies.

Has anyone else encountered this bug or am I seeing ghosts?

9 Jun 2014, 13:55 PM

I've experienced it once.

I don't think anything can be done when these events synch up.
9 Jun 2014, 14:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

seems to me like its one of those if the stars align bug. :P interesting ive never seen this.
9 Jun 2014, 16:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

happenned to me a couple-a times.
9 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

happened to me with a maxim once. god i was so upset i left the game instantly.
9 Jun 2014, 16:57 PM

I am glad to see I am not the only one with this bug, as it tells me it is a bug at Relic's end. It is probably not that common, but surely this must be fixable in some way!
9 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

Punishing, but it can be avoided.. After I had a Guards squad obliterated in one shot by a PZiV getting into a building, I always wait to perform such actions until the enemy tank is on reload. A rifle nade will no doubt do the same thing. I do think its harsh though, what's happening is the damage is being applied to the AT gun crew at the exact same time you're recrewing and it takes ownership of the con members...the code is just failing to take account for this possibility. It should just allow extinction of the AT gun entity with a normal 3 man recrew.

Still, your cons will be clumped and might roll damage in this situation too so best to just avoid it.

9 Jun 2014, 17:16 PM

It isn't limited to just atguns, it's a general issue with merging into any squad that gets wiped out when a merging conscript squad is in range of merge but hasn't transferred members yet. Thankfully this timing window is very small so you don't get to enjoy this bug too often.

There are many timing related bugs like this with cancelling abilities as well, you will not get a refund at certain points of the animation even if no grenade/whatever has been fired.
9 Jun 2014, 17:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 17:16 PMCruzz

There are many timing related bugs like this with cancelling abilities as well, you will not get a refund at certain points of the animation even if no grenade/whatever has been fired.

Yeh that is the most prominent with the pgren bundle nade.
9 Jun 2014, 21:09 PM

I've done this to someone's Maxim once, I laughed but he was probably not happy.
10 Jun 2014, 01:14 AM

No replay so it never happened...........typical Dutch lies!
10 Jun 2014, 02:39 AM

Yep, got it once in Theater of War or in the campaign.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak