paid commanders

are paid commanders dirty
Option Distribution Votes
24%
76%
Total votes: 62
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Jun 2014, 13:12 PM

I love using the joint ops commander. Seeing as how he is a paid commander i am i being looked down apon by the rest of the community, or at least some.
8 Jun 2014, 13:29 PM
Donator 33

If this was CoH1 - yes. But it is not. They aren't allowed in tourneys, so hey, like, whatever.

Using broken commanders, like Soviet Industry and Tiger Ace while they were broken would have been dirty though, imho.

Have fun with the game and don't try to make it into a elite super-balanced e-sports aspiring supergame. The game as such will never create that enviroment, though player-rules in tourneys may - in time - allow it.
8 Jun 2014, 14:20 PM

Even back in times where industry and elite troops considered op they countered each other.

Only crime in war is to lose.
8 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

Paid commanders are fine. They all add new units/abilities and that's generally worth something. People wouldn't complain unless they were OP. The last 2 commanders given (for free) were fantastic and balanced as well. Hopefully we can see more commanders like that in the future.
10 Jun 2014, 04:16 AM

I think DLC commanders are just fine. They add more to the gameplay. My personal fav is spearhead. Very solid.
10 Jun 2014, 04:56 AM

Yeah there's nothing wrong with paid commanders, and most people have them. The ones that were problematic have been fixed and everyone's happy. Except the ISU-152 but that'll be fixed when the expansion launches (balance patch launches with it).
13 Jun 2014, 17:00 PM

Question about these commanders. While there's no way i could buy them all. Although, I will possibly buy a few. Which ones would you recommend for a noob that has yet to play the game?
13 Jun 2014, 17:09 PM

Question about these commanders. While there's no way i could buy them all. Although, I will possibly buy a few. Which ones would you recommend for a noob that has yet to play the game?

I recommend playing the game first before you buy DLC :D. Maybe you'd get a better idea of what you wanted then. Once you know what abilities you like using you can look for commanders that have useful combinations of those abilities.
13 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM

Here is a simple commander tool that'll give you a quick overview of all the commanders and their abilities.

This is a much more in-depth tool with more features and bigger pictures, it lets you look at Commanders, or even just look up certain abilities and tells you what Commanders offer them.
13 Jun 2014, 18:21 PM

As it was already pointed out, play the game first.

In essence, you don't need any of the commanders to be competitive and some of THE best top-of-all-time commanders are free, especially for soviets.

Germans aren't that much doctrine dependent, but spearhead, lightning war or elite troops are worth considering.
14 Jun 2014, 01:59 AM

Here is a simple commander tool that'll give you a quick overview of all the commanders and their abilities.

This is a much more in-depth tool with more features and bigger pictures, it lets you look at Commanders, or even just look up certain abilities and tells you what Commanders offer them.

Now that is one heck of a answer! thank u very much. :)
15 Jun 2014, 09:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Which DLC questions seem to pop up in Strategy a lot.

Here's the most recent few:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/18372/what-dlc-commanders-should-one-have

http://www.coh2.org/topic/16909/essential-german-doctrines-%26-why

But again, play the game first and see what seems good for you

Or, wait for a free weeekend and try before you buy
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 127
unknown 31
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #