8 Jun 2014, 12:46 PM
Patrion 14

All they do is Nulli(st)fy

I saw what you did there.
Hux
8 Jun 2014, 14:56 PM
Patrion 14

I saw what you did there.

Damnit! I was reading that post and was going to make the same reply. Good shout.
8 Jun 2014, 17:54 PM

Best thread of 2014 right here m8's.
8 Jun 2014, 18:01 PM

I guess these trolls are like a Hydra, ban one and two new will spawn... :facepalm:
8 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM

Soviets are so op, those engies are driving me crazy, they can sweep my precious teller mines :( nerf pls
9 Jun 2014, 09:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Funny. How poeple try to make a mockery of this thread. Despite the fact i proved on several occasions point by point. How soviets are OP. Then when Dane comes out and Vindicates this along with several veteran players i am still put down.

Do doubt its the collective 10 whiners that have ruined balance in the first place. Hope they are happy they have misled relic by spamming threads of pro-soviet whinery,
9 Jun 2014, 09:53 AM

Funny. How poeple try to make a mockery of this thread. Despite the fact i proved on several occasions point by point. How soviets are OP. Then when Dane comes out and Vindicates this along with several veteran players i am still put down.

Do doubt its the collective 10 whiners that have ruined balance in the first place. Hope they are happy they have misled relic by spamming threads of pro-soviet whinery,

Do I really have to say this again? Relic look at their own data before changing anything. They don't just listen to whatever the community says. If the community says the ISU is OP they'll look at their data and determine wether to nerf it or to leave it.

It's not that the Soviets don't have a tiny advantage, they do (ISU, etc). It's that you're overblowing the OPness of the Soviets. You can still win games as Germans. It doesn't make the game unplayable. It's not game breaking.
9 Jun 2014, 10:30 AM

Permanently Banned

Do I really have to say this again? Relic look at their own data before changing anything. They don't just listen to whatever the community says. If the community says the ISU is OP they'll look at their data and determine wether to nerf it or to leave it.

It's not that the Soviets don't have a tiny advantage, they do (ISU, etc). It's that you're overblowing the OPness of the Soviets. You can still win games as Germans. It doesn't make the game unplayable. It's not game breaking.

@ OP you really expect soviet only players to even admit their glorified faction is now a easy mode no skill spam fest.

Let's just wait for western armies and then they can play soviets against soviets till then
9 Jun 2014, 10:36 AM

@ OP you really expect soviet only players to even admit their glorified faction is now a easy mode no skill spam fest.

Let's just wait for western armies and then they can play soviets against soviets till then

Are you implying I'm a fanboy? Fuck, I'm done. There's no discussion to be had with you people.
9 Jun 2014, 10:38 AM

Permanently Banned

Are you implying I'm a fanboy? Fuck, I'm done. There's no discussion to be had with you people.

No not you but the very many "defenders of soviet" clowns who plague these forums
9 Jun 2014, 10:41 AM

No not you but the very many "defenders of soviet" clowns who plague these forums

I looked at your posts and you are EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
9 Jun 2014, 13:36 PM

So petty squabling and shittalking aside, are we in agreement that Soviets are too effective in the current patch? Not only in the sense that they are overall stronger, but they have a higher number of viable strategies and a more diverse meta as a result.
9 Jun 2014, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Is more easy play as soviet, because the work better with attack move and less cover problem with all the infantry, mines is crazy, is2 and isu152 2armor, maxpin (well used is gg), 6 mans AT (if spam is hard), M3 spam early with flammes, double instant call in T85, fire artillery, put the best armor infantry in front (that survive a crucial time to you SU85 or other kill you tank), this not work well with germans (you inf will die fast), 2advantages for soviets...

But is not all because the units, is because the mecanics in the game and half of the maps are unbalaced too...
9 Jun 2014, 15:05 PM

I know it's part of the design of the game, but what would happen if a new non doctrinal 6 man squad was designed for the Germans? Granted it would be similar to the conscripts.

Call it : Training battalion. The unit (armed with rifles) has the same HP/armor as grenadiers but conscript DPS, no panzerfaust/LMG, no AT, and has a munitions grenade throw ability. So it's a capping/recrewing/meatshield unit that the Germans currently lack.

Osttruppen would definitely need a re-design, of course.
9 Jun 2014, 15:08 PM

I know it's part of the design of the game, but what would happen if a new non doctrinal 6 man squad was designed for the Germans? Granted it would be similar to the conscripts.

Call it : Training battalion. The unit (armed with rifles) has the same HP/armor as grenadiers but conscript DPS, no panzerfaust/LMG, no AT, and has a munitions grenade throw ability. So it's a capping/recrewing/meatshield unit that the Germans currently lack.

Osttruppen would definitely need a re-design, of course.

Why not call them Volksgrenadiers :D
9 Jun 2014, 15:16 PM

No mirror units, that's just stupid.
There are some minor balance issues that favor soviets in the current meta, but they are far from game breaking or stronger than the rng God.
9 Jun 2014, 15:24 PM

So petty squabling and shittalking aside, are we in agreement that Soviets are too effective in the current patch? Not only in the sense that they are overall stronger, but they have a higher number of viable strategies and a more diverse meta as a result.

Safe for the mines the soviets are well balanced. Its more that several german units are under performing.

The p4 has to high a scatter . stug has an identity crisis and the panther is inefficient. however the tiger is keeping german late game together.

the m3 and maxim are balanced but the scout car comes out to late and gives the soviets a bit to much power early game.

other minor issues are the snipers lack of armor the pg's being cost ineffective and the mg42 lack of suppression to the maxim. all of these things only need minor tweaks
9 Jun 2014, 15:33 PM

I homestly couldnt care less about the m3s across the sky or the 1 shot
Mine little fuckers or the deerslyer (imo isnt that great) but its the gren strength that gets me. I think its really hard atm to win the basic vanilla gren v con as ostheer
9 Jun 2014, 15:49 PM

^

Maybe cheap 5 man squads then? Eg. 200 Manpower, rifles, no weapons upgrades/no AT, single grenade muni, same HP/armor as grens, DPS like 5 man conscript squad.

To me, the best balance thing they did was mirror the T-34/76 with the Panzer IV G. The core units of the game- medium tanks and the core infantry squad- shouldn't be dramatically asymmetrical I find. Everything else that supports them of course should be more asymmetrical.
9 Jun 2014, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 15:24 PMJaigen

Safe for the mines the soviets are well balanced. Its more that several german units are under performing.

The p4 has to high a scatter . stug has an identity crisis and the panther is inefficient. however the tiger is keeping german late game together.

the m3 and maxim are balanced but the scout car comes out to late and gives the soviets a bit to power early game.

other minor issues are the snipers lack of armor the pg's being cost ineffective and the mg42 lack of suppression to the maxim. all of these things only need minor tweaks

Totally agree
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight