Login

russian armor

Teching and call ins.

4 Jun 2014, 20:49 PM

Alright its time to nerf the soviets to oblivion! Just kidding through the proposed change will affect the soviets somewhat more. The current problem is that unless you take a doctrine with a medium or heavy tank you basically putting yourself in a major disadvantage as the opponent simply forgo tech for call ins. its makes a lot of fun doctrines worthless and rewards bad play.

So the suggestion is make medium tank and heavy tanks only available if the germans tech to tier 3 and the soviets either build their tier 3 or 4.
4 Jun 2014, 20:58 PM

Its plausible to do but I think pushing tank call-ins a CP or so should fix the problem even simpler. It should be a plausible strategy to wait for call-ins but it needs to have a larger draw back than it currently does
5 Jun 2014, 01:47 AM

Both ideas I like. Not rewarding enough to tech.
5 Jun 2014, 03:04 AM

i agree with just pushing the cp back. having to tech for tanks will make comebacks much harder especially since u will need additional fuel for t3/t4 building, then getting the unit which costs fuel too.
5 Jun 2014, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Already being said several times. BP2 for medium tanks and BP3 for heavies. T3/T4 for soviet callins
5 Jun 2014, 05:50 AM

Already being said several times. BP2 for medium tanks and BP3 for heavies. T3/T4 for soviet callins

I'm not sure about the teching costs, but wouldn't that favor the soviets as they only need one building for everything compared to two tech-ups (+ T3, as you would probably need that)? Shouldn't it just be T3 or T4 building for any faction to be able to call in tanks (or just build them in these buildings)?
5 Jun 2014, 10:01 AM

I prefer the idea of pushing back the CPs. Most of the call in tanks have HUGE impact when they are first called in at the moment.
5 Jun 2014, 10:27 AM

Pushing back the CP's isn't a good change imo.
Because a T34/85 on it's own won't have a great impact at 10 or 11 CP.
Teching to unlock it, that's something I like more.
5 Jun 2014, 15:16 PM

I am with you on this one!
5 Jun 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 20:49 PMJaigen
So the suggestion is make medium tank and heavy tanks only available if the germans tech to tier 3 and the soviets either build their tier 3 or 4.

This is such an easy, and fair, solution and I like it.
5 Jun 2014, 15:26 PM

The thing is, in beta, Soviet needed to build T3 to get T-34/85 and IS-2 or T4 for ISU-152, Ostheer needed T4 to get Tiger but dunno why Relic changed this. Noted, it was also the time when Shocks/Guards needed T1 , 120mm mortar needed T2 to call in.
5 Jun 2014, 18:01 PM
Patrion 14

+1. required teching will also encourage using baseunits too.
5 Jun 2014, 18:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm not sure about the teching costs, but wouldn't that favor the soviets as they only need one building for everything compared to two tech-ups (+ T3, as you would probably need that)? Shouldn't it just be T3 or T4 building for any faction to be able to call in tanks (or just build them in these buildings)?

I don´t think you need BP3 - T4 or even T3 built to get a Command Tank - Puma. While i think the cost for heavies should be associated with BP3.
Cost of teching could be decreased while the building itselft could get a bit more expensive if the disparity with soviets is too high.

All of this thinking with the current performance of callin tanks. This would aim directly at things like:
-TA
-Heavy T2 because you are on the back foot into Tiger
-Zis gun into KV8-IS2-ISU
-T1 +/T2 into T3485s
-T1 + T2 into Elephant. Eventhough on 2v2 it´s feasible on an even game to just get T3 and a 1-2 tanks and then get an Elephant.
5 Jun 2014, 18:43 PM

The thing is, in beta, Soviet needed to build T3 to get T-34/85 and IS-2 or T4 for ISU-152, Ostheer needed T4 to get Tiger but dunno why Relic changed this. Noted, it was also the time when Shocks/Guards needed T1 , 120mm mortar needed T2 to call in.

I for one am glad that things aren't done in this manner, as it would be entirely too resticting for the soviets.

Why should I have to build a building that provides me the option to build a mortar to use a call in for a mortar? Why should I be restricted to having no real AT to build shocks? Why should I make a tech choice that provides me a T34 so I can call in a T34??

That sounds like a horrible system imo that would strongly discourage combining units with different strengths and weaknesses.

Also, regarding forced techs for callings in general, I don't see what the point is. Is it's entire purpose to delay call-ins? Why not just increase CPs if it is an issue?

I think what you will find is that people just build a building and use the call-ins anyways. Not unlike what I have done on occasion when I'm a half a CP away and have fuel to blow. I build the building to get me to 8cps for T34/85 and never use the building again.
5 Jun 2014, 18:50 PM

I always build BP2 (Ost tier 3 building) and Soviet Tier 3/4, so this does not effect me. My biggest question is how people can survive without BP3 or tier 3/4? If some idiot stays BP1, i roflstomp him with 5 t34's and destroy his base before the cp comes for Tigers. For soviets, its a bit easier to wait for call ins. However, my doctrine is to outtech the opponent in the early-mid game before call ins come in. Therefore, this does not affect my playstyle.
5 Jun 2014, 19:14 PM

only a problem in peoples minds, teching works perfectly fine, you don't need call-in tanks to win.
5 Jun 2014, 19:39 PM
Patrion 14

In beta teching was in fact a requirement for call-ins and it was changed. Certainly for Soviets it was annoying, because it actually discouraged diversity. Reason being that it forced you to get T3 if you wanted 85s, whereas now you can get T4 for SUs, and get 85s from call-ins (for instance).

I think increasing the CP requirements is a much better idea. That way you'll be punished waiting for those call-ins simply because you're floating resources that you could've used on units from base buildings.
5 Jun 2014, 20:27 PM

In beta teching was in fact a requirement for call-ins and it was changed. Certainly for Soviets it was annoying, because it actually discouraged diversity. Reason being that it forced you to get T3 if you wanted 85s, whereas now you can get T4 for SUs, and get 85s from call-ins (for instance).

I think increasing the CP requirements is a much better idea. That way you'll be punished waiting for those call-ins simply because you're floating resources that you could've used on units from base buildings.

In beta call-ins were completely replacing base unit.
That didn't proved to work at all.

And people will still wait for call-ins.
Why? Because they still are simply upgrades of default units in most cases.
5 Jun 2014, 23:10 PM

In beta call-ins were completely replacing base unit.
That didn't proved to work at all.

And people will still wait for call-ins.
Why? Because they still are simply upgrades of default units in most cases.

That only applies to the soviets t-34-76/85 .
5 Jun 2014, 23:18 PM

Call-ins are a tough call, maybe increasing their CPS might help. This could help encourage more use of the tech tree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★