Login

russian armor

M3s unbeatable

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
4 Jun 2014, 07:33 AM
Patrion 14

I agree to Jaigen. No one research at grenade first? Well, in such case they should do it! Adapt?! ..to enemy play style?! "Handicap their AI capacity"? Handicap their cons AI capacity it's to much said, and even if it was true, that would not be a bad thing because they will be obliged to use combined arms not just spamming cons! Why in the world everything MUST be so easy for soviets?!
Current german SC arrival is to late, letting time for M3s to ride your army hard and HANDICAP (because you like this word :P) your capping ability because you need to keep your units together unlike soviets who can spread more easily. Their capping capacity in early game is not altered, even if they use M3s. That is a wrong concept. Squads in M3s can still cap even if they are embarked, and due to M3 speed they can reach faster capping points. By the time SC arrives, the perfect counter is there: Guards. I mean, in every stage of early game germans are overpassed from the start. If they build something, soviets already have a hard counter and are one step ahead no matter what germans do. Long live the balance.

You should really start playing both factions before posting all this bullshit you're continuously posting on the forums. It's getting annoying.
4 Jun 2014, 07:54 AM

You should really start playing both factions before posting all this bullshit you're continuously posting on the forums. It's getting annoying.

How is it bullshit? he is correct you know. the soviets can get their counter out before the sc arrive. germans have to wait 5 min before they finally get a sc out to counter the m3. it gives the soviets a rather huge and unnecessary advantage.
4 Jun 2014, 07:56 AM

i like how these forum warriors are still shitting and saying M3 is unbeatable after many very good players like vonivan tell them how to deal with them...
4 Jun 2014, 08:38 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 07:54 AMJaigen

How is it bullshit? he is correct you know. the soviets can get their counter out before the sc arrive. germans have to wait 5 min before they finally get a sc out to counter the m3. it gives the soviets a rather huge and unnecessary advantage.

I'm not saying it's bullshit that M3s are OP atm. They probably are, although still not game breaking hard. I'm just getting sick of him whining how OP and easy to play Soviets are, while he hardly ever played them.
4 Jun 2014, 09:08 AM

I'm not saying it's bullshit that M3s are OP atm. They probably are, although still not game breaking hard. I'm just getting sick of him whining how OP and easy to play Soviets are, while he hardly ever played them.

Well I'm trying to keep this discution at a level with grounded opinions. On the other hand I can tell you to go f...k off to, being sick of diferent forms of soviet fanboyism. But I chosed not to. So I expect some based opinions from your side, otherwise please don't bother me with stupid posts.
4 Jun 2014, 09:11 AM

Biggest issue i have with the M3 is that it is too fast after it has been fausted, so that it is impossible to follow up unless you get 2 fausts off after one another.

Most efficient style imo is just getting the first 60 munition into ROKS-3 flamethrowers and putting down mines everywhere, voila insta gibbin'.

True in every word.
4 Jun 2014, 09:23 AM

I agree to Jaigen. No one research at grenade first? Well, in such case they should do it! Adapt?! ..to enemy play style?! "Handicap their AI capacity"? Handicap their cons AI capacity it's to much said, and even if it was true, that would not be a bad thing because they will be obliged to use combined arms not just spamming cons! Why in the world everything MUST be so easy for soviets?!
Current german SC arrival is to late, letting time for M3s to ride your army hard and HANDICAP (because you like this word :P) your capping ability because you need to keep your units together unlike soviets who can spread more easily. Their capping capacity in early game is not altered, even if they use M3s. That is a wrong concept. Squads in M3s can still cap even if they are embarked, and due to M3 speed they can reach faster capping points. By the time SC arrives, the perfect counter is there: Guards. I mean, in every stage of early game germans are overpassed from the start. If they build something, soviets already have a hard counter and are one step ahead no matter what germans do. Long live the balance.

The solution is not to open the door for another spam (german ac), its to adjust the m3 to where its not op in the first few minutes.

Due to how most maps are designed, you can focus around the cut-off and that way you wont lose any "capping" power at all, but refuse your opponent from getting resources.

And this also is a bigger problem that relic is showing no serious interest in addressing
4 Jun 2014, 10:04 AM

Simply make some adjustments to the fuel that sov and ost start with. That way the m3 hits the field a little bit later giving ost some time to consolidate position and accumulate some munitions. Or simply increase munitions ost start with. Some other adjustments to other tiers and fuel may be required as a flow on result.

The unit itself is not OP, but it comes too early, ost have little counter ( at times ) and its ability to punish out of position play with squadwipe is to great.

You could also fix maxim only builds this way, as sov would have to build cons or engineers for map presence..
4 Jun 2014, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 09:23 AMAbdul

And this also is a bigger problem that relic is showing no serious interest in addressing

I think they are bit busy with their WFA expansion. no just hold on for a few more weeks.
4 Jun 2014, 14:41 PM

Hell, stop complaining about M3! It is early push unit for soviets, and after 5 minutes it becomes useless so german 222?221 pinish it with ease. Everybody complain... "oh, those Ivans take more map first 5 minutes." Hell, you have 222 and late game tigers! Have fun and stop complain!
4 Jun 2014, 14:48 PM

Hell, stop complaining about M3! It is early push unit for soviets, and after 5 minutes it becomes useless so german 222?221 pinish it with ease. Everybody complain... "oh, those Ivans take more map first 5 minutes." Hell, you have 222 and late game tigers! Have fun and stop complain!

not really, if you put a guards squad in the m3 it will destroy 222 with ease, and if you upgrade guards with ptrs it becomes a killing machine.
4 Jun 2014, 15:07 PM
Patrion 14

Well I'm trying to keep this discution at a level with grounded opinions. On the other hand I can tell you to go f...k off to, being sick of diferent forms of soviet fanboyism. But I chosed not to. So I expect some based opinions from your side, otherwise please don't bother me with stupid posts.

I play both factions, I don't see how I'm the fanboy here.
4 Jun 2014, 15:09 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2014, 14:48 PMAbdul

not really, if you put a guards squad in the m3 it will destroy 222 with ease, and if you upgrade guards with ptrs it becomes a killing machine.

You're doing it wrong if you let an M3 with guards stand next to your own scout car :P Still though, you're right, the German scout car isn't always a reliable counter vs the Soviet scout. I much rather use a pak for that reason, or faust + MG in the early early game.
4 Jun 2014, 15:33 PM
Patrion 14

Lol, just happened to have a game versus Cpt.Molo with his SC spam. If this is how he normally plays then I don't understand how he got such a high rank in the first place :P

4 Jun 2014, 19:52 PM

Lol, just happened to have a game versus Cpt.Molo with his SC spam. If this is how he normally plays then I don't understand how he got such a high rank in the first place :P

What the... is this? You wasted my time. That guy was sent by his mother to throw the garbage perhaps, that is why he made you an M3 gift then he quit. I met M3 combos in 2v2 against which not one pzfaust could be shot, carrying flaming engeneers that disembarked from time to time to plant mines, german SCs that followed them were blown to sky. Abuse tactics used by good players.
You shot one forgoten M3 and expect me to tell you "wow, you're right?" Get real.
4 Jun 2014, 20:15 PM
Patrion 310

if you start playing soviets ssheini, i start playing axis. :D There is no use claiming stuff when we have only played one side. (that's my opinion)
4 Jun 2014, 22:13 PM
Patrion 14

What the... is this? You wasted my time. That guy was sent by his mother to throw the garbage perhaps, that is why he made you an M3 gift then he quit. I met M3 combos in 2v2 against which not one pzfaust could be shot, carrying flaming engeneers that disembarked from time to time to plant mines, german SCs that followed them were blown to sky. Abuse tactics used by good players.
You shot one forgoten M3 and expect me to tell you "wow, you're right?" Get real.

Dude, relax. This wasn't meant to be a serious addition to the discussion. I just thought it was kinda funny because the original poster wrote that he lost several games in a row against Cpt.Molo's Scout Car spam, and right after posting in this thread I happened to end a game vs him in 3 minutes. I'm not claiming I'm better than him or did an awesome job, it was just a funny coincidence. Chill out already.
5 Jun 2014, 01:27 AM
Patrion 14

The M3s are a bit too powerful. They essentially shut down all German t1 units (you're never going to get an MG burst off if you're opponent has half a brain - same for faust) and they are way too good at chasing down units on retreat. This matters the most in the early game and it's exactly where these cars excel at. The only real counter is the 222 upgun, but good luck with that with Guards rifles that come to shut it down, mines, and sprinting conscripts with AT-nades.

Make it come out later or make it weaker with armor/dmg. At the moment, it dominates German t1 infantry far too easily.

And 30 muni soviet mines need to stop wiping entire squads.
5 Jun 2014, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned

And the same at you dear sir ... Stop jerking off to communist posters in your room and play both sides instead of screaming to buff your favourite soviet heroes
5 Jun 2014, 10:03 AM

Permanently Banned

Let me guess a soviet only player with zero games as ost heer
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight