Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
18 Jun 2014, 03:09 AM
Patrion 14

And OKW don't have a flame halftrack.....

and US don't have quad...
18 Jun 2014, 03:15 AM

US has 37mm cannon + double 50 cal AA halftrack.
18 Jun 2014, 03:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 03:05 AMNoun

Thanks for spotting that, it's an oversight. It's been updated. (The blog not the vehicle).

Ok my pleasure.
18 Jun 2014, 04:04 AM

Some things about the M8 even surprised me. They might have changed a few things since alpha.
18 Jun 2014, 04:08 AM

Im hoping m8 is doctrinal.
18 Jun 2014, 04:32 AM

Only way possible is if they tied call ins to teching.Otherwise m20 and m8 seem too close.
18 Jun 2014, 04:49 AM

18 Jun 2014, 05:05 AM

Still denying it myself... just... why??? The m8 throws the m20 out the window.
18 Jun 2014, 05:26 AM

You think Relic would've released more unit profiles by now since at the beginning they seem to have revealed 2 units every two days, but that's not longer the case. I suppose they're in the middle of drastically changing some units, or marketing isn't their strongest suite. Only 6 more days left before the expansion releases so i'm hoping Relic can pull it off so I can get back into competitive CoH.

On a side note, does anyone notice that Relic is slowly moving away from political correctness? In the first CoH, we all knew(I hope so anyways) the Panzer Elite was the Waffen SS but they didn't have any insignia or anything that can relate them to the Waffen SS except for the uniform trousers and the Kettengrad unit model. For the WFA expansion, you can clearly see at least the Obersoldaten having Waffen SS ranks except for the lightning bolts on the left collar(From your POV) so i'm hoping by the end of the year, we'll be able to have actual waffen SS insignia's in the game without having to conform to political correctness.

Essentially just because the Germans have to suffer from mass censorship(Can any German confirm if the actual Waffen SS ranks are banned in Germany?) doesn't mean the rest of us have to. It's good to see Relic actually acknowledging the Waffen SS contributions to WW2 though(In terms of elite infantry) since quite a few combat divisions of the Waffen SS actually did play a major part in WW2 on the Western Front.

18 Jun 2014, 05:35 AM
Patrion 14

You think Relic would've released more unit profiles by now since at the beginning they seem to have revealed 2 units every two days, but that's not longer the case. I suppose they're in the middle of drastically changing some units, or marketing isn't their strongest suite. Only 6 more days left before the expansion releases so i'm hoping Relic can pull it off so I can get back into competitive CoH.

On a side notte, does anyone notice that Relic is slowly moving away from political correctness? In the first CoH, we all knew(I hope so anyways) the Panzer Elite was the Waffen SS but they didn't have any insignia or antything that can relate them to the Waffen SS except for the uniform trousers and the Kettengrad unit model. For the WFA expansion, you can clearly see at least the Obersoldaten having Waffen SS ranks except for the lightning bolts on the left collar(From your POV) so i'm hoping by the end of the year, we'll be able to have actual waffen SS insignias in the game without having to conform to political correctness.

Essentially just because the Germans have to suffer from mass sensorship(Can any German confirm if the actual Waffen SS ranks are banned in Germany?) doesn't mean the rest of us have to. It's good to see Relic actually acknowledging the Waffen SS contributions to WW2 though(In terms of elite infantry) since quite a few combat divisions of the Waffen SS actually did play a major part in WW2 on the Western Front.

This reply was typed while drubnk, so spelling errors are expected. I'll edit tommorow spelling errrors.

As far as i know, every sign and symbol concerning nazism is banned by law in germany.
18 Jun 2014, 05:38 AM
Patrion 14

It's good to see Relic actually acknowledging the Waffen SS contributions to WW2

What, those poor, misunderstood Nazis whose contribution to enslaving a continent and enacting genocide don't get enough recognition?

Re-read your post, man. It's kinda disturbing. I've no problem with historical accuracy whatsoever and, yeah, not having that because we don't want to upset Ze Germanz seems silly. But 'acknowledging the Waffen SS.' Orly?

I'm waiting for some SS fanboys, of whom there appear to be a depressing number amongst Generation Y gamers, to come and proclaim that the Waffen SS was merely a professional fighting force and nothing to do with those nasty Allgemeine creeps. LOL. Bring it on.
18 Jun 2014, 05:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2014, 05:35 AMLümmel

As far as i know, every sign and symbol concerning nazism is banned by law in germany.

Ahh, so that includes the classic lightning bolt insignia and bars for the Waffen SS ranks? I was under the impression the German Government banned Swastikas only.

Sorta makes sense, since from what I saw during the OKW livestream, the Obersoldaten had two black collar badges with the right one having a few silver bars, while the left one didn't have the lightning bolt insignias, but it it a step in the right direction though. Political correctness is a poison to be honest.

EDIT: @Beltfed

There's a huge difference between between the combat armour the the Waffen SS and the Waffen SS Allgmeine whose personnel guarded concentration camps. The combat arm of the Waffen SS spent most of the war fighting and I believe Relic have realised this, compared to the SS Allgmeine who were mainly in charge of the concentration camps. Unlike a lot of people, I can distinguish between the combat arm of the SS and the non-combat arm, and it's why I said that Relic is moving in a positive direction, since the combat arm of the SS did indeed play a major role in both the Eastern and Western Front, and I only hope that after a year or so games can actually portray historical factions as they were in real life.
18 Jun 2014, 05:40 AM

^^
Be careful about that, we have fans of the SS on the forum...hah.

Panzer elite was Heer, I remember that quite well.

There are a few individuals that are obviously SS in the game: The hated 'Elite Troops' commander. WFA has at least 3 infantry units that are SS.
18 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM

I, and the rest of us could care less about *political* "correctness". I just want OKW Germans, not SS SWASTIKA HEIL HITLER to ruin my view of the faction. This is a video game, i dont want this shit in my face at any point. The lack of the crap is what seperates CoH Germans as the fighting force of Germany from its plethora of war crimes. I dont want any representation of that in my favorite units.

I dont want to think of Nazis. I want to think of the proud, fighting force of Germany with its complex engineering.
18 Jun 2014, 05:46 AM

What other 2 units were Waffen SS? I only saw the Obersoladaten, and there's a high chance of the Sturm Officer being a SS-type officer, but no other unit I saw can be considered exclusively SS.
18 Jun 2014, 05:47 AM

Iirc Relic said that Panzer Elite were not the Waffen-SS, after people kept calling them that.
18 Jun 2014, 05:49 AM
Patrion 14

^^
Be careful about that, we have fans of the SS on the forum...hah.

Then they should take a good look at themselves and grow the fuck up.
18 Jun 2014, 05:50 AM

The sturm officer is a SS officer. I think he's the one in two of the trailers. I think the panzerfusilier is the large SS infantry squad shown in the screenshots (peadot camo):

18 Jun 2014, 05:52 AM

What other 2 units were Waffen SS? I only saw the Obersoladaten, and there's a high chance of the Sturm Officer being a SS-type officer, but no other unit I saw can be considered exclusively SSS.

Obersoldaten and Panzergrenadiers. Based mostly on the fact that both are wearing Waffen-SS camouflage.
18 Jun 2014, 05:58 AM

Those death's head cap dudes might pop in and go offtopic with their beliefs so best be quiet..

Then they should take a good look at themselves and grow the fuck up.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 16
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak