Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
7 Jun 2014, 02:28 AM

Okay, maybe im crazy. However, as i said, OKW can have manpower-only costing kubels suppressing straight from the start of the game.
7 Jun 2014, 02:29 AM

Double post...
7 Jun 2014, 02:49 AM

I saw the obersoldaten throw this super grenade. The explosion is much larger than a bundle nade. It is either unit specific or doctrinal.

Obersoldaten have 1 MG-34 starting out. The second MG-34 is either a pickup or even a veterancy perk.

Obersoldaten vet 1: Smoke Grenade

Obersoldaten vet 3: Self healing over time.

The Volksgrenadiers have no upgrades other than 1 Panzershreck but they can throw grenades.

Volksgrenadier vet 3: Self Healing over time.
other vets: accuracy, survivability, sight range

Command Panther cost 560 Manpower, fuel= unknown.

Psquieh notes that one of the OKW commanders has a call-in Ostwind.

7 Jun 2014, 03:15 AM

Nice observations. I'm hoping standard Grenades is more of a thing with OKW. OH's weakness is they have no normal Grenade, it's a shame.
7 Jun 2014, 03:25 AM

Nice observations. I'm hoping standard Grenades is more of a thing with OKW. OH's weakness is they have no normal Grenade, it's a shame.

I cant tell if its infiltration tactics from the doctrine. I hope it isnt. Also, OKW have another big disadvantage: Ost have the super useful panzerfaust for stopping every tank dead in its tracks. OKW have to man up and kill them on... well not equal footing, but OKW has to kill other tanks when they are allowed to go full speed.

OKW cannot really disadvantage the enemy. Also, at the end of the stream, the AI made the the special OKW version of the pak, but they did not focus on it, nor did it see much action as they had few VP's left.

I wonder how much the Infantry Support Gun costs. Its pretty inacurrate at range,so it is probably better in twos.

The Kubelwagen looks soft, but they cost the same as an Ost mg - imagine just having 3 of these constantly suppressing blobs at all angles, backing up and avoiding AT nades. With 3, the Americans cant smoke all of them.
And then you can come in with Sturmpioneers and eat them alive. I dont know how well it stands against a maxim, and you could pressure the soviets to make an early AT gun - one which is more useful in your hands.

There is just one problem... the m3 scout car. OKW has to assault it, or it will kick OKW ass. Its main gun will shred the kubelwagen, and its front armor is pretty resistant to its mg, i believe. With no panzerfaust... i dont know. I really dont know how OKW can take it on. They will have to use a halftrack as a shield, and possibly storm it with sturmpioneers.
7 Jun 2014, 03:41 AM

^^

Unfortunately they did not show the 88mm 'Puppchen' (OKW's AT gun) that I spotted earlier in the trailer. I expect it to be a super panzershreck with longer range and accuracy. I expect its mobility to be like a HMG or mortar.
7 Jun 2014, 03:50 AM

^^

Unfortunately they did not show the 88mm 'Puppchen' (OKW's AT gun) that I spotted earlier in the trailer. I expect it to be a super panzershreck with longer range and accuracy. I expect its mobility to be like a HMG or mortar.

And probably a pretty fast fire rate, but less damage than a pak. The KT is pretty amazing. Those t34/85's keep bouncing off of it. In the hands of a smart player, only AT guns can take it out, as Tank destroyers are soft and will get wrecked. But as you can see, you will never afford more than one of any heavy. Who knows how many other vehicles he could have gotten in its place? He could have gotten a puma and countered the stuart and jeep... a walking stuka to counter the At guns... a luchs to dominate the infantry...
7 Jun 2014, 04:01 AM

Since OKW seems to be (whether on purpose or just by default(not wanting to give them too many dupes)) using older weapons with more experienced troops, I'm going to guess that the "special OKW Pak" is a Pak 38, although it could also be the stronger Pak 97/38 which was an emergency measure since there were not enough Pak 40's available at the time. There's not a lot of AT guns it could be and the picture is way too blurry to tell.
7 Jun 2014, 04:14 AM

Since OKW seems to be (whether on purpose or just by default(not wanting to give them too many dupes)) using older weapons with more experienced troops, I'm going to guess that the "special OKW Pak" is a Pak 38, although it could also be the stronger Pak 97/38 which was an emergency measure since there were not enough Pak 40's available at the time. There's not a lot of AT guns it could be and the picture is way too blurry to tell.

Where did you get that idea from? They arent using that old of weapons. They are using an 88mm Puppchen, which is basically a mounted panzerschreck. The OKW announcer says it in the last minute when it is made.

7 Jun 2014, 04:21 AM

They are using several older weapons though: Panzer IV Ausf. F1's, Panzer II's (not even Panzer III's!), MG 34's, etc.
7 Jun 2014, 04:27 AM

They wouldnt have proper AI tanks and mg's without them, and i guess they anticipated people calling out in copying Ost units so they had to get the next best thing. They sound pretty cool though, the mg34's, and seem to be the equivalent of the Bar.
7 Jun 2014, 04:30 AM

^
The Pz II Luchs was an obscure late war conversion of the Panzer II series. MG-34s were used by the Wehr for the whole war. The Obersoldaten are firing them while moving. I personally think that they were in fact better than the 42s because their ROF was high but still manageable.

I'm 100% sure that the trailer gun is a puppchen. There's no AT gun as small as it in the Wehrmacht:

There are at least two buildings that we haven't seen:

1. The Starting Building (presumably makes engineers, volksgrens, and kubels. Other things may be made)

2. There is certainly a building or two that has the missing halftracks and puma. None of the 3 baseline doctrines have the Jagdpanzer IV.
7 Jun 2014, 04:36 AM

so are there going to be more than 3 doctrines for the new factions?

i hope so

but
i hope they're unique and not rehashes like 85% of the vcoh2 ones
7 Jun 2014, 04:48 AM

i hope so

but
i hope they're unique and not rehashes like 85% of the vcoh2 ones

The stream showed that there are definitely more than 3 commanders each. ATM, they seem to have nice new abilities and unique call ins.
7 Jun 2014, 04:49 AM

I'm still a bit annoyed there is no Panzer III's, which would make more sense than Panzer IV Ausf. F1's. There weren't many stubbies around because they'd been re-armed with KwK 40's, and the KwK 37's taken off them were put on Panzer III's to keep them semi-relevent as an Infantry Tank.

Basically they should have used Panzer III Ausf. N's with KwK 37, not Panzer IV's.

I heard that the Panzer IV Ausf. H's were doctrinal duel call-in. Since we didn't see that in the stream, it's safe to assume there are other Commanders out there.
7 Jun 2014, 05:18 AM

Can Mark Target + P-47 rocket strike take out KT?
7 Jun 2014, 05:20 AM

^
Wow. that's basically Ostheer's own version of dual T-34/76 call-ins.

Here are infantry/support weapon Combos that seem feasible and effective. Volksgrens would be the only economical infantry to re-man support weapons:

Volksgrenaders + puppchen against Armor

Obersoldaten and volksgrens + 75mm IG against infantry and support weapons

Sturmpioneers as raiders. 2 x obersoldaten to do high MG damage.

...........And we haven't even seen most of the new squads yet. I'm loving this faction's variety.
7 Jun 2014, 05:25 AM

^
Wow. that's basically Ostheer's own version of dual T-34/76 call-ins.

Here are infantry/support weapon Combos that seem feasible and effective. Volksgrens would be the only economical infantry to re-man support weapons:

Volksgrenaders + puppchen against Armor

Obersoldaten and volksgrens + 75mm IG against infantry and support weapons

Sturmpioneers as raiders.

...........And we haven't even seen most of the new squads yet. I'm loving this faction's variety.

As well as the commanders. Ive checked, and the list for nondoctrinal tanks and infantry is the largest in OKW. There are more vehicles than any other faction, and you have a viable infantry squad for nearly every situation.
7 Jun 2014, 05:25 AM

I'm still a bit annoyed there is no Panzer III's, which would make more sense than Panzer IV Ausf. F1's. There weren't many stubbies around because they'd been re-armed with KwK 40's, and the KwK 37's taken off them were put on Panzer III's to keep them semi-relevent as an Infantry Tank.

Basically they should have used Panzer III Ausf. N's with KwK 37, not Panzer IV's.

I heard that the Panzer IV Ausf. H's were doctrinal duel call-in. Since we didn't see that in the stream, it's safe to assume there are other Commanders out there.

Where do you got the info that there's a F1? Haven't seen any pictures or videos about it.
7 Jun 2014, 05:35 AM

Most of the OKW infantry are elite troops that will be costly. Literally the only cheapo squad we have seen is the volksgrens. I think the MG-34 HMG will probably be the only other cheap one. The puppchen will probably be bought as for the MG-34 HMG. The 75mm ID...I don't know.

So I'm thinking that what's going happen with squads is that people are going to use Volksgrens as the base and then they supplement with the elite troops of their choice: Sturmpioneer (short-mid range), Obersoldaten (mid-long range), Sturm officer squad (mid-long range), Panzerfusilier (extra long range), and FJs' (all ranges).

As well as the commanders. Ive checked, and the list for nondoctrinal tanks and infantry is the largest in OKW. There are more vehicles than any other faction, and you have a viable infantry squad for nearly every situation.

Also: Building Skipping with doctrines:

We have Battle Group Headquarters with 75mm ID, IR halftrack, Pz II Luchs, Panther

We have Heavy Panzer Headquarters with Obersoldaten, ST, KT.

One can skip Battle Group or Heavy Panzer with Luftwaffe Ground Force, Special ops and Breakthrough Doctrine.

There's going to more, of course, but unlike the other factions I think in certain circumstances one only needs to build 1 building with OKW if doctrines are applied.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 57
unknown 35
United Kingdom 50
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L