Login

russian armor

Mind (e) games

Should minefields autogenerate warning signs?
Option Distribution Votes
65%
35%
Should the ability to place just the warning signs be implemented?
Option Distribution Votes
54%
46%
Total votes: 108
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
27 May 2014, 22:58 PM

As the s mine fields bring forth those minefield warning signs, would it not be possible to add the ability to put forth just the signs to bluff your opponents? Both sides should have the ability to put down the signs although Russians will have to work harder to make the Germans think that the signs actually mark mines.
27 May 2014, 23:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This is a pretty sweet idea. I do think minefields need signs, but perhaps a system could be put in place to make soviet mines slightly "noticeable." Such as a *small* disturbance in the dirt. Otherwise, the coolness factor of playing mind games with your opponent is only possible as german.
27 May 2014, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Regarding the first question: i voted no but for it to dissapear, the effectiveness should be tweaked. As it is right now, it´s "okish" to have them showing them.

2nd: it´s interesting.
27 May 2014, 23:10 PM

The whole concept of mines is to cause psychological harm to the enemy. The fear of not knowing if there is a mine or not.

Puting signs warning the enemy player of an impending minefield is just defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Just remove the signs altogether. Once you lose a squad to a minefield you need to buy minesweepers, not expect signs to warn you.

As for just putting the signs, well how would it be balanced? If it cost no ressources you just can troll ur opponent for free with no drawbacks?! Seems a bit too vicious.
27 May 2014, 23:17 PM

It serves the same purpose of giving psychological fear if you've been laying mines like crazy and putting signs there each time, they'll start associating the signs with mines and not go that way the next time they see a sign. Perhaps make it cost some munitions just to prohibit them from being spammed
28 May 2014, 01:39 AM

Always thought the signs were silly. Good players never hit my s-fields unless I put them on a retreat path. Voted no/no because I don't think the signs should exist.
28 May 2014, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2014, 01:39 AMDanielD
Always thought the signs were silly. Good players never hit my s-fields unless I put them on a retreat path. Voted no/no because I don't think the signs should exist.

Actually, you couldn't be further from truth.
I've seen pretty much every streamer step over them more then once.

You know why?
Because good players are not AI and only AI can see the fields at all times.

Even good players can focus on so many things at once and its likely they will step on the field during engagement.
28 May 2014, 06:25 AM
Patrion 27

I don't mind the signs at all. They say "don't you fucking dare step your elite infantry into this sector" delaying your plans and forcing extra micro.
28 May 2014, 07:38 AM

Remove the signs for S-mines, that is all.
28 May 2014, 07:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

the tatic you have to employ is hey there are mines here you have to buy a minesweeper or clear them with your face to get this point. :) as opposed to creating fear.

if mines were as powerful as they are now probably would need a nerf 2 without the signs.
28 May 2014, 21:29 PM
29 May 2014, 13:41 PM

wait a second, does the enemy player actually see the signs? i thought there are just for my own POV ?
29 May 2014, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2014, 05:40 AMKatitof

Actually, you couldn't be further from truth.
I've seen pretty much every streamer step over them more then once.

You know why?
Because good players are not AI and only AI can see the fields at all times.

Even good players can focus on so many things at once and its likely they will step on the field during engagement.

DanielD is a better player than almost, if not all of the popular streamers fyi. Maybe a few times someone hit his S-mines and didn't notice it, but just because some streamer you watch hits them often doesn't say anything because the caliber of "high level" CoH2 players is painfully low compared to people like Symbiosis, Aimstrong, DevM, etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★