21%
10%
Total votes: 58
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2014, 05:30 AM

Best one and why?
26 May 2014, 05:55 AM

None and all.

Thing about them, each and every one can be adapted to changing meta as well as to individual playstyle and each one is really strong on its own, offering pretty unique skill set comparably to others.

A perk that soviets can be jealous of.
26 May 2014, 06:24 AM

Wait, do you mean like best doctrine that has the Tiger in it? Or best doctrine that suits the Tiger? Cause I think Spearhead is the best for the Tiger itself, since it has MHT support, smoke, recon and frag bombs, all of which can directly benefit or complements Tiger pushes.
BUUUT, I think that Elite troops is the best of those doctrines, even thought the Tiger Ace itself is not the linchpin of the doctrine.
26 May 2014, 06:34 AM

Does it matter? I voted Assault Support because:

- can boost your resources like no other german doctrine can (amo or fuel);
- all abilities inside are useful (officer, opel blitz, strafing run, fragmentation bombs) and almost all are cost effective.
- resource boosting can be applied related to play style and related to what your opponent does. Meaning if you need amo, you will hold an amo point and put the Opel on it, if you need fuel, you will hold a fuel point and put the Opel on it.
- Due to the resource boosting, maybe the fastest Tiger call-in.
- helps you build a balanced and powerful army. In the early game stages, the officer will help your infantry. In the late game stages Opel blitz will help your of-maps or your armor.
26 May 2014, 07:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I like Spearhead for 1v1 and Assault Support for 2v2, although Spearhead is good there as well. Both of those have a good mix of useful abilities. Since G43s got changed I am less keen on Lightning War. Don't have enough experience with the other two to comment.

I like to have my BOs not dependent upon any commander, so I usually don't pick a commander until I need something from it. That can mean 1) facing lots of support weapons -> Spearhead for the MHT, or 2) either facing infantry spam or floating a lot of MP -> Assault Support for strafe, Opels. In both cases the Tiger is a nice bonus that I might not even use.
26 May 2014, 07:11 AM

I think each doctrine has different performance/utility depending on the game type (either 1v1s or team games).

I'd say Spearhead and Assault Support are my favorites. Assault Support is definitely better in larger team games where you can capitalize on the Opels. On the other hand Spearhead is the perfect counter for T2 support weapon spams and FHQ.

Mechanized assault works best in 1v1s imo as long as you don't spam assgrens. The new StuG IIIE is quite potent against inf.

Lighting War is pretty weak after the nerf to G43s. That was pretty much its strong point.

Imo Elite Troops shouldn't be included in this poll since the TA is not really the same type of unit as a Tiger. Sure it's name is the same but it works quite differently.
26 May 2014, 07:18 AM
Donator 11

Assault Support. No more to say.
26 May 2014, 07:41 AM
Patrion 27

Mechanized Assault. Stug III E melts infantry and Assault Grens are very good flankers and their assault grenades are VERY strong when you haven't lost any models.

I have tried to make the mortar half-track in Spearhead work for me but I really don't think it's worth the micro.
26 May 2014, 07:43 AM

Tiger Ace > All
The Tiger Ace is basically your usual tiger with extended range, improved speed, better accuracy, and larger AOE. All for 800 mp, no fuel involved....
26 May 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2014, 07:43 AMVonIvan
Tiger Ace > All
The Tiger Ace is basically your usual tiger with extended range, improved speed, better accuracy, and larger AOE. All for 800 mp, no fuel involved....

Isn't Tiger Ace have REDUCED movement speed?
26 May 2014, 10:49 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Isn't Tiger Ace have REDUCED movement speed?

ti did originally but now it has regular tiger speed.

but in coh2 a tiger ace isn't a tiger so my question why is it on the list, eh to late.
26 May 2014, 11:05 AM

Spearhead, no doubt
26 May 2014, 16:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Spearhead/Assault support > Elite/Mechanized Assault > Lighting
26 May 2014, 17:36 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Very nice Poll. Would be good to use "+CLONE" to create the same poll with only non-premium, tournament-allowed docs.
26 May 2014, 17:58 PM

The best doctrine with the tiger used to be in the alpha. The times when the elefant was in t4. And the tiger was in jaeger armor. The tiger plus spotting scope, recon, and stuka dive bomber was just amazing. Thank god they got rid of it. :)
26 May 2014, 18:27 PM

assault support by far.

With the doctrine if you control both muni points + 1 opel blitz you can effectively remove soviet infantry from the game with strafe.

Usually, that doesnt happen in a close 1v1 but still.

Officer is good too, it gives a nice combat boost for 25 muni, and with that boost, you can be sure that your grens will win vs conscript squad , even at close range. During big engagements the officer is irreplacable, also his smoke is absolutely amazing, and coordinated baragge is good for pwerfers letting you basically ignore the cooldown.

Fragmentation bombing run is probaly the least useful out of all . However, it arrives very fast and it actually stuns tanks for a decent amount of time. Good for taking out at gun walls.

Id say assault support is probaly the best german doctrine right now, maybe behind only the elite troops commander and even that commander is questionable now with G43 now not being a mindless upgrade.

Did i also mention that the strafing run can also gun down soviet snipers on retreat, that doesn't happen very often and requires an overextension on the soviet part, but it can still be effective.
26 May 2014, 18:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2014, 07:43 AMVonIvan
Tiger Ace > All

The true cost is hidden. With the resource penalties it ends up costing a lot more than the 800mp you pay up front. If you have an income of 220 MP/min and 40 fuel/min, the Tiger Ace will cost 1020 MP and 190 fuel after only 5 minutes and 1240 MP and 380 fuel by 10 minutes. Its the only unit that you're penalized for preserving.
26 May 2014, 19:29 PM

Given the bonuses, I think a 'relative' price for the Tiger Ace vs. the Tiger is probably around 800 MP, 290 fuel. They priced the MP @ 800 already, and the 10 min mark premium is ~440 MP, 90 fuel.

Still a pretty good deal for the first 7 minutes or so.
26 May 2014, 19:57 PM

The true cost is hidden. With the resource penalties it ends up costing a lot more than the 800mp you pay up front. If you have an income of 220 MP/min and 40 fuel/min, the Tiger Ace will cost 1020 MP and 190 fuel after only 5 minutes and 1240 MP and 380 fuel by 10 minutes. Its the only unit that you're penalized for preserving.

Yes but when you're down to little to no fuel income and you're somewhat pinned in your base just call in a Tiger Ace to eradicate most of what the enemy has. You could suicide the ace, lose 800 mp but take out tons of stuff your enemy has on retreat/stationed on the front. So honestly it doesn't cost any fuel in theory if you use it quickly or if you have lost most of the map.
27 May 2014, 09:03 AM

Lightning war.... G43s!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight