Login

russian armor

Minor german issues.

26 May 2014, 18:04 PM

No shit Katitof, Panther can't even kill a single T-34/76 from full health, while they first engage at the west fuel point, full time reversing back to southern base in Moscow.

The T4 cost is already quite high, panther is NOT cost effective in this patch, and its stat now doesn't worth a late game armour.
26 May 2014, 19:29 PM
Patrion 14

Love the logic. Panther is a piece of crap. Better nerf the Tiger to bring it in line with the Panther. :clap:

Panthers this patch have ruined more games for me than they did win. Simply because those overpriced shit-cans offer only mediocre AT for almost no AI. Combine that with only slightly better survivability than a medium tank and you have the Panther.

once out, panthers work fine for me. just like how mg42 works fine. a tad expensive though.
27 May 2014, 01:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2014, 12:25 PMKatitof
P4 scatter change was put in place because P4 obliterated infantry as well as tanks, there was absolutely no reason to get OStwind or StuG, now each have their own + and - and I see you have decided to completely ignore huge pintle MG buff, which makes it much better at AI.

About StuG, it got cost reduction and considerable buff against infantry. It still have better AT DPS then P4, and getting it together with P4 is a good idea. It costs 80 fuel, 5 more then T-70 and SU-76, don't expect it to be effective against heavy armor, because its clearly not what it is intended to do. Against med armor its only slightly less effective then it was.

Pgrens are not assault infantry, they are clearly not meant to be as PQ said.
Try using them as intended.

Panther deserves some fuel cost decrease, but thats it, its fine stat-wise now.

Can some 1 please ban this imbecile. Its because people like him that germans have been whined into a useles nation. He constantly trolls every thread and personally attacks everyone that has any opinion that differs to his. He does it on the official forums too.
27 May 2014, 01:57 AM

Can some 1 please ban this imbecile. Its because people like him that germans have been whined into a useles nation. He constantly trolls every thread and personally attacks everyone that has any opinion that differs to his. He does it on the official forums too.

useless?
you mean in 1vs1 or 2vs2?

in 1vs1 i dont know...but in 2v2 you win 90% of games, when you reach 2 Tiger/Ele.
The Russians win if they play to their superiority in the early / midgame
and make clear the victorious before the heavy German machine rolls on.

the tiger has hardly any counters at the mom
27 May 2014, 04:26 AM
Benefactor 360

Because Katitof has such sway over Relics decisions. :facepalm:
27 May 2014, 05:41 AM

Um, dude, you've pretty much have written your own forum CV here.

If lil shits who can only whine and flame like you are free to roam here, then believe me, I have absolutely nothing to fear.

The day I will be banned will be no sooner then 10th anniversary of your ban.
27 May 2014, 05:47 AM

Guys, Katitof isn't the worst here. He is a honest soviet fanboy and he does his fanboy job, sometimes he is quite amusing. The worst kind on these forums are the hidden fanboys who pretend they have valid opinions and treat others with vanity while pretending they know better than anyone how the game works, what is balanced and what is not. Fanboys that are pretending they want a balanced game while they are only hunting stats and who are throwing the mouse through the window when they lose. Their tactic is to discredit others' opinions forgeting that everyone has the right to have one.
I think those are the ones deserving to be banned from forums, not Katitof.
27 May 2014, 07:19 AM

the tiger has hardly any counters at the mom

Its called the su-85. but nobody uses it because the soviets has such excellent medium and heavy tank call in. look at recent dual between 4 t-34-85 the tigers won only by a knife's edge.
that shit would not be possible in coh 1.

Tier 3 for the germans is a damn mess. it has no heavy AT as the stug's role got alterd(and it really wouldnt mind if the stug became the new su-85 with increased cost) and the p4 is pretty much subpar compared to the t34-85 or sherman. the panther got even further nerfs making it useless.
The only real strategy the germans have left is either tigers , elephants , pak 43 or plain old infantry spam.
27 May 2014, 07:41 AM

Guys, Katitof isn't the worst here. He is a honest soviet fanboy and he does his fanboy job, sometimes he is quite amusing. The worst kind on these forums are the hidden fanboys who pretend they have valid opinions and treat others with vanity while pretending they know better than anyone how the game works, what is balanced and what is not. Fanboys that are pretending they want a balanced game while they are only hunting stats and who are throwing the mouse through the window when they lose. Their tactic is to discredit others' opinions forgeting that everyone has the right to have one.
I think those are the ones deserving to be banned from forums, not Katitof.

I truly want throwing my expensive mouse into whoever face that maxim spam to ISU. <444>_<444>
27 May 2014, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 07:41 AMPorygon

I truly want throwing my expensive mouse into whoever face that maxim spam to ISU. <444>_<444>

Why? It's a L2P question, no?;). ISU is not OP, you just don't know how to "flank" it. But Elefant is. Maxim is not Op, because it has such a small arc of fire and it doesn't instantly kill the instantly supressed squad. You just have to learn to "flank" it with your SC dodging guard rifles shots or build german mortars that are getting smashed by 120s. So see? There are sooo many solutions you just need L2P.:S
27 May 2014, 09:26 AM

Why? It's a L2P question, no?;). ISU is not OP, you just don't know how to "flank" it. But Elefant is. Maxim is not Op, because it has such a small arc of fire and it doesn't instantly kill the instantly supressed squad. You just have to learn to "flank" it with your SC dodging guard rifles shots or build german mortars that are getting smashed by 120s. So see? There are sooo many solutions you just need L2P.:S

Troll less won't ya?
I just stop playing teamgame when watching ISU side armor blonce shot from my flanking tiger <444>_<444>
27 May 2014, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 09:26 AMPorygon

Troll less won't ya?
I just stop playing teamgame when watching ISU side armor blonce shot from my flanking tiger <444>_<444>

Well, I quit playing random 2v2 matches after I had this discution with my random assigned partner:

Random partner: What doctrine?
Me: Depends
Random Partner: I'll take cargo truck
Me: Ok, later you'll bring Tiger
Random partner: No, Panther is better
Me: :S ....
27 May 2014, 11:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 07:19 AMJaigen

Tier 3 for the germans is a damn mess. it has no heavy AT as the stug's role got alterd(and it really wouldnt mind if the stug became the new su-85 with increased cost) and the p4 is pretty much subpar compared to the t34-85 or sherman. the panther got even further nerfs making it useless.
The only real strategy the germans have left is either tigers , elephants , pak 43 or plain old infantry spam.

That's true. Against Russian Tanks, which are mostly spammed just like everything Russian, T3 AND T4 are useless atm.
In 2v2 I prefer getting a Brummbär because he can pwn Inf like hell and can do good damage against Tanks too.
He might lose against T34/85 or SU-85 but whatever, Panther will lose too lol.
27 May 2014, 11:17 AM

the only person that needs to be banned here is you.
27 May 2014, 11:56 AM

That's true. Against Russian Tanks, which are mostly spammed just like everything Russian, T3 AND T4 are useless atm.
In 2v2 I prefer getting a Brummbär because he can pwn Inf like hell and can do good damage against Tanks too.
He might lose against T34/85 or SU-85 but whatever, Panther will lose too lol.

Well I prefer Tiger. To get a Brummbar you have to build that useless T4 and additionaly, to upgrade through phases to reach it. Tiger will do its job against infantry and armor alike. It's the last cost effective tank that germans have in this game, that is why the soviet fanboyism tried to attack it several times, unsuccesfully untill now, fortunately.
27 May 2014, 13:19 PM

I actually like the new stug because of its 80 fuel cost and effectiveness against infantry. I support them with paks.

But the Ostwind and P4 aren't really worth it, like the Panther and Werfer. P4 is only in the same class of the T-34/76. So T4 is redundant except the Brummbar.

So my whole roster is tiger tank commanders. Frankly I don't mind the current balance; I wish it was like this a year ago.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 07:19 AMJaigen
27 May 2014, 13:25 PM

I actually like the new stug because of its 80 fuel cost and effectiveness against infantry. I support them with paks.

But the Ostwind and P4 aren't really worth it, like the Panther and Werfer. P4 is only in the same class of the T-34/76. So T4 is redundant except the Brummbar.

So my whole roster is tiger tank commanders. Frankly I don't mind the current balance; I wish it was like this a year ago.

Agree to your choice opinions. But related to the current balance, this is debatable. One other thing wich is wrong, is the fact that some units currently are underused or not used at all due to their lack of cost effectiveness or poor performance (they can be easily replaced by cheaper units). If we talked about 1-2 units, this would still be ok, but when this number is overpassed, let me doubt about the current state of the game.
27 May 2014, 14:31 PM

But thats not good balance mate as the tier 3 and 4 should be able to stand on their own feet and dont need tigers to fill the gap they leave.
27 May 2014, 14:35 PM

Yeah, I know. It is personal preference as I really like the Tiger now and the Germans with tiger tank or elefant doctrines are not imbalanced. The German doctrines w/o heavy armor are at a disadvantage now IMO.

The Germans right now are like the Soviets before elbe day...reliant on IS-2 and T-34/85 doctrines.
27 May 2014, 15:29 PM

What I find sad about the Panther is that the whole vehicle has become some sort of defensive support unit. You can´t use it offensively. If you use it to attack and one or two Soviet tanks appear you have to hit the reverse button and drive straight back to your base. Otherwise you go down with five shots.

Nowadays the Panther is best parked somewhere in the hinterland of your forces to deliver a killing blow to already damaged T-34s. Something that the Pak can do way more cost efficiently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★