Login

russian armor

Maxim - Enough said

PAGES (8)down
18 May 2014, 04:26 AM

Permanently Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnKsKPJM7K4

Had jelly been a slightly better than average player he could have mined with his 600+ munitions and easily won it.

Its a joke also how soviets can float so many munitions in games.

On a side note noticing more and more how PGs are not being used. They are expensive and useless to use vs cheaper gren and paks. 120 for panzershreks is a joke also. lol

Any you wonder why soviets always have so many free floating munitions and fuel. Its because their unit uprades, doctrine supports are too cheap and too effective for price
18 May 2014, 05:55 AM

jelly was certainly a better player than you.

He lost the game because luvnest simply outplayed him.

And honestly, with THAT many maxims on the field, luvnest could of gotten 2-3 mortars. 1 mortar HT was ... not enough

I think it's mostly because maxim spam is a new thing thats popped up quite recently and people right now don't understand how to deal with it.

Then again, the maxim for all i know could be too much...... But well have to see. Give this patch some time.

18 May 2014, 07:29 AM

Most soviet builds do not float munis. Whenever I play with conscripts, I never get more than 100-200 muni.

Soviet industry floats muni. And I can imagine spamming maxims floats muni, but think outside the box and stop spamming grens, it's easily countered.
18 May 2014, 07:36 AM

Most soviet builds do not float munis. Whenever I play with conscripts, I never get more than 100-200 muni.

Soviet industry floats muni. And I can imagine spamming maxims floats muni, but think outside the box and stop spamming grens, it's easily countered.

So did lovnest and he won only because donut was so stupid to charge 2 t-34's and 2 kv8's into his waiting paks.Donuts early game advantage against lovnest in this vid is undeniable huge. Neither the mortar or the sniper did any real damage as the maxim only cost 15 mp to reinforce. i suggest we double the reinforcement cost of the maxim to 30. this stops spamming and forces the soviets to build conscripts for merging.
18 May 2014, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2014, 07:36 AMJaigen

So did lovnest and he won only because donut was so stupid to charge 2 t-34's and 2 kv8's into his waiting paks.Donuts early game advantage against lovnest in this vid is undeniable huge. Neither the mortar or the sniper did any real damage as the maxim only cost 15 mp to reinforce. i suggest we double the reinforcement cost of the maxim to 30. this stops spamming and forces the soviets to build conscripts for merging.

Definitely. Increase reinforce cost.

By all means have the Germans nerfed too but Relic needs to make this boring static playstyle impossible for both armies!

Could people who disagree and say "it's easily counterable. PLEASE - post a replay where you easily counter it so we can see how to do it. I'll accept any 1v1 replay where you have to beat 4 or more Maxims against a player with a similar level to yours. If you cannot provide such a replay it means you have not / can not do it (either because you rarely play as Germans or because you cannot actually counter it) and your point is invalid.

I'd also accept a replay of anyone losing to this who says "this is a really fun replay I enjoyd the match even though I lost"

The people making the point for MG spam have posted evidence of their claim. If you disagree - the burden of truth is now on you. Just saying "It's easy, L2p" is not evidence.
18 May 2014, 08:12 AM

Yeah busted out double mortars to counter some hardcore maxim spam a few hours ago. It was the stupidest most unintelligent kind too, they had them all bunched up in a line. They kind of kept walking forwards and setting up quicksmart like they do and dodged most of the mortar fire. Got some good hits mid-game but by then it was GG. I feel like if I'd gotten one or two good shells that would have been it, the line would have busted wide open because they were so tightly grouped, but it didn't happen.
18 May 2014, 08:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Soviet is a gimmick army, and people don't like gimmicks.
18 May 2014, 08:25 AM

Maxim spam done right is the most OP strat in 1v1 at the moment, but increasing reinforcement cost of the maxim is not the way to go. This would kill the maxims effectiveness in combined arms because it would just be a huge MP drain on yourself. What you would gain in map-control by adding a suppression unit will be instantly nullified by the need to send conscripts back to merge.

Reducing capping speed for support weapons is the best way to go on this issue. Here is why: maxim spam works not because of MP draining your opponent. In fact, maxims barely kill anything as you can see in the replay. Maxim spam works because it's very easy to get map control so you can rush a T-70 and spam the field with mines.

Reducing capping speed will greatly nerf support weapon spams with little effect on combined arms gameplay.
18 May 2014, 08:35 AM

Maxim spam done right is the most OP strat in 1v1 at the moment, but increasing reinforcement cost of the maxim is not the way to go. This would kill the maxims effectiveness in combined arms because it would just be a huge MP drain on yourself. What you would gain in map-control by adding a suppression unit will be instantly nullified by the need to send conscripts back to merge.

Reducing capping speed for support weapons is the best way to go on this issue. Here is why: maxim spam works not because of MP draining your opponent. In fact, maxims barely kill anything as you can see in the replay. Maxim spam works because it's very easy to get map control so you can rush a T-70 and spam the field with mines.

Reducing capping speed will greatly nerf support weapon spams with little effect on combined arms gameplay.

I agree reducing capping speed would help a little. But still, after the Maxim forces a unit off the map, it has plenty of time to cap anyway. The point is they become immovable objects. So reducing capping time would just slightly delay the inevitable. Even if they never managed to cap past the midline, they would still stop the Germans from capping much whilst holding their own side.

I think the threat of MP drain would reduce people's dependence on them. Then they'd hopefully get less and make the game more mobile.
18 May 2014, 08:44 AM

`4 maxims on the field yea? get haftrack 2 pg in it drive next to maxim drop 1 pg then drove to the 2nd maxim drop the 2nd pg.. if needed you take over the gun en reinforce you got yourself 2 free maxims and now the sov in in deep trouble.. adapt ppl.. cuz it works evry game for me
18 May 2014, 08:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

`4 maxims on the field yea? get haftrack 2 pg in it drive next to maxim drop 1 pg then drove to the 2nd maxim drop the 2nd pg.. if needed you take over the gun en reinforce you got yourself 2 free maxims and now the sov in in deep trouble.. adapt ppl.. cuz it works evry game for me

This type of strategy is very underused, and very powerful. I have done the same thing against ISU by distracting it with a P4, and then driving in behind with 2 shrek squads.

I have also been using German sniper recently against heavy T2 players, and it has worked very well. The problem is obvious though, German sniper can drop like a fly to RNG mortar shells, AT gun shots, etc.
18 May 2014, 08:55 AM

Flamerhalftrack?! That's how we used to deal with maximspam back in the day...

But I agree, crewweapon capping should be toned down a little.
18 May 2014, 09:15 AM

Permanently Banned
You giys dont get it. All it takes is a zis oe anothwr maxim supporring the other and then all the strats u mentioned are useless.
18 May 2014, 09:49 AM

That and the map should be mined to hell. Also your fuel income is going to be so low your not going to get a halftrack out before your opponent has at guns. Another mortar halftrack would have been good, could have used smoke as well.
Something else i picked up on, Dane pointed out that it would be easier for Luvnest to call on a Tiger than bother teching but we dont need another thread on the issues of call on units
18 May 2014, 10:14 AM

Permanently Banned
@VetLolcake: How many whine threads are you going to open yet?
18 May 2014, 10:15 AM

Vet, ignore him. He doesn't worth the trouble.
18 May 2014, 10:17 AM

Permanently Banned
I think the Top 3 threads in Balance forum are definetly L2P - Issues. Don't get the hate flowing in you.
18 May 2014, 10:24 AM

You giys dont get it. All it takes is a zis oe anothwr maxim supporring the other and then all the strats u mentioned are useless.

Just get two mortars, you can use smoke barrage too you know...
18 May 2014, 10:25 AM

That's not really a good example.
In my opinion against this number of Maxims fast T2 and scout cars would have been more successful.
Multiple mortars with sniper as a spotter could work as well.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS