Login

russian armor

Bobby "Lynx" Miller employed at Sega

PAGES (11)down
1 Mar 2013, 20:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge

be happy that they still run the online server, even though they don't charge you anything after your initial payment.
1 Mar 2013, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2013, 18:27 PMRiggs

Wow. I'm not surprised how you twist my words .

The attitude is the issue here not the price. I'm a fan of this game as long as it goes on, I play nearly everyday, and everyday pissed of getting encouraged drop/maphackers every single game.

If you know something that we don't know, like "COH1 will be shut down in a month so CM will not do anything" or such thing then share please instead of trolling me.

I'm not trolling you. It's ridiculous to believe a game to have support up after 6 years. 6 years. We're a few months from the sequel and the game is down to costing a few dollars. Which means that not only would someone dealing with cheating have to rely on community help to identify cheaters, but he can also be assured that those cheaters will get a new copy for a dollar or two and come back. It's a lot of effort for little effect. Let them focus on more important things.

It would be nice to have more support. It would be nice to have more patches too. But as far as getting stuff for free, I think we've gotten a lot for the small amount of money spent on the game. I think the best way to deal with cheaters is to just not give a fuck about them.
1 Mar 2013, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2013, 20:31 PMRiggs
So you simply telling me not play it online and shut up however on the other hand assuring me that I'll be covered by Relic if I buy the new one. Cool story.

if you don't like it, don't buy the sequel. the community will be better off.

relic could have shut down the servers 5 years ago and said "screw you". they didn't. and you ungrateful SoB have nothing better to do than to complain instead of trying to enjoy the game.

if you don't want to play with cheaters... don't. there's a lot of ways to avoid playing with cheaters.
1 Mar 2013, 23:15 PM

How can you enjoy a game with such situation?

1 Mar 2013, 23:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Let's keep it friendly okay? :)
2 Mar 2013, 00:55 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Riggs this is not the way I want to see people commenting on COH2.ORG. If you think you can handle those kind of comments from others without getting mad then do it and post using other words, if you can't then use some common sense and simply ignore the thread.

We knew that Relic/THQ would have not hired a dedicated cheating team for COH from years, everyone knew that. They had Thunder/Noun and then Bobby checking some reports and being mainly helped by us (Stim before, then Seb, then me and Remy and then Dodo and so on) who did in reality 99% of the work.

So now there is really no reason to feel bad. The only reason because you had a better game these last years was because there were people who were enough motivated to spend half of the day helping the community with no returns and because there were less copies of COH around (copies that increased with humble bundle for example). But this couldn't last forever and it was obvious, no1 can spend all his life everyday checking reports and not being payed (let's be honest).

That being said, no1 is ever going to spend a single $ to solve the cheating problems on COH, that's the truth. Even us on COH2.ORG decided that it wasn't worth our efforts creating a new Fair Play Forum here (even if we would have loved to) because it would have required time and resources we didn't have and because we wanted to focus on developing more features for when COH2 would have come out.

If you can accept it and still play the game then fine for you, if you can't then fine for you the same, you can stop playing the game. Also you are not forced to buy COH2 but really you should realize that this lack of "support" you are asking now is not something you really had before (in the last years). It has always been the community doing this job. Or, if you really hate cheaters as me and Remy did, you can push hard creating your own Fair Play Forum for COH and ask Bobby to ban cheaters you got evidences about :)
2 Mar 2013, 01:49 AM

Fair enough. But I didn't call anyone SoB or whatsoever. I have no intention of flaming, I have no record of such behavior before.

Anyway I'll edit the previous post cause doesn't look pretty.
2 Mar 2013, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2013, 01:49 AMRiggs
Fair enough. But I didn't call anyone SoB or whatsoever. I have no intention of flaming, I have no record of such behavior before.

Anyway I'll edit the previous post cause doesn't look pretty.

no, you didn't call anyone SoB, but you did call someone a retarded, cock sucking .... whatever :-)
you should also go back and read what you wrote before... because it is just as bad.
2 Mar 2013, 07:16 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

2 Mar 2013, 08:25 AM

Riggs this is not the way I want to see people commenting on COH2.ORG. If you think you can handle those kind of comments from others without getting mad then do it and post using other words, if you can't then use some common sense and simply ignore the thread.

We knew that Relic/THQ would have not hired a dedicated cheating team for COH from years, everyone knew that. They had Thunder/Noun and then Bobby checking some reports and being mainly helped by us (Stim before, then Seb, then me and Remy and then Dodo and so on) who did in reality 99% of the work.

So now there is really no reason to feel bad. The only reason because you had a better game these last years was because there were people who were enough motivated to spend half of the day helping the community with no returns and because there were less copies of COH around (copies that increased with humble bundle for example). But this couldn't last forever and it was obvious, no1 can spend all his life everyday checking reports and not being payed (let's be honest).

That being said, no1 is ever going to spend a single $ to solve the cheating problems on COH, that's the truth. Even us on COH2.ORG decided that it wasn't worth our efforts creating a new Fair Play Forum here (even if we would have loved to) because it would have required time and resources we didn't have and because we wanted to focus on developing more features for when COH2 would have come out.

If you can accept it and still play the game then fine for you, if you can't then fine for you the same, you can stop playing the game. Also you are not forced to buy COH2 but really you should realize that this lack of "support" you are asking now is not something you really had before (in the last years). It has always been the community doing this job. Or, if you really hate cheaters as me and Remy did, you can push hard creating your own Fair Play Forum for COH and ask Bobby to ban cheaters you got evidences about :)

I never knew the community contributed to this extent , Kudos to you .Think , The majority of the frustration that eh community is experiencing would go away in a few weeks time ,when COH2 news would start forming teh basis of forum discussions .
2 Mar 2013, 14:46 PM

I always rage when my 50 bucks only gives me 6 years of entertainment.

i just play with my rl friends.
we don't cheat.

but, i've been more than willing to pay a monthly fee for a hack-free ladder for RA3, SC1, SC2 and CoH1.

with "microtransactions" having been the "in thing" for quite a while now it'll be interesting to see if any one tries this.
2 Mar 2013, 15:17 PM

i just play with my rl friends.
we don't cheat.

but, i've been more than willing to pay a monthly fee for a hack-free ladder for RA3, SC1, SC2 and CoH1.

with "microtransactions" having been the "in thing" for quite a while now it'll be interesting to see if any one tries this.

Not sure if you got that that was sarcasm, so I'll just say it to be sure: That was sarcasm.

That would be an interesting idea. I'd imagine it would only come in play later (like, 2-3 years after the game is out, depending on how many that plays it) but there is an idea there I think.
2 Mar 2013, 15:50 PM

Not sure if you got that that was sarcasm, so I'll just say it to be sure: That was sarcasm.

That would be an interesting idea. I'd imagine it would only come in play later (like, 2-3 years after the game is out, depending on how many that plays it) but there is an idea there I think.

it was not sarcasm...

i play with rl friends. (these are all engineering `tall foreheads` so none of us is very good at the game)
but, we have fun

i have no problem spending money on a quality RTS experience.
the value i've gotten out of CoH1 has been great.

if i really got into CoH2 and you guys created a hack free ladder and charged $10 a month to play on it... it make be a good way for the site to cover its expenses.
2 Mar 2013, 16:54 PM

Oh, I meant that I was sarcastic with the "I always rage when my 50 bucks only gives me 6 years of entertainment." comment. I didn't think your post was a sarcastic one. :)

Tall foreheads, lol. ^_^
2 Mar 2013, 16:55 PM

Oh, I meant that I was sarcastic with the "I always rage when my 50 bucks only gives me 6 years of entertainment." comment. I didn't think your post was a sarcastic one. :)

Tall foreheads, lol. ^_^

we are lousy. but, very competitive. :)
5 Mar 2013, 19:48 PM

@Riggs:

Dont confuse Relic with THQ. While Relic is in charge of the game outcome, they are not in charge of keeping it alive and kicking, not when they had to get that stuff approved by their parent company (THQ). Keeping those servers up, producing anti-cheat measures, keeping watch over cheaters, etc., costs a lot of money. Relic was hired to make a game, and maintain that game for as long as the publisher pays. I'm willing to assume that THQ stop paying for patches a long time ago, with few exceptions, and only paid for stuff like the CM and the servers (it costs around $40,000.00 to patch a game on a console, considering salaries and stuff, PC cant be far behind)

You gotta remember, Relic isn't just necessarily working on Company of Heroes. They could have two, three or four projects at different stages. Some of those may not even be outside the drawing board, others, like the mysterious one announced during the THQ bankruptcy, may be i the middle of development. Many times, studios will have games that you never heard of, and never will hear of, simply because they never released that info to the public. For all we know, they already have homeworld 3 concept art done, and basic game loop design jotted down, but we know nothing about it.

Just saying that in reply to your "why should I bother with a new game when they dont even bother maintaining the ones they already have" (heavily paraphrased).
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %