Login

russian armor

need some help

13 May 2014, 11:12 AM

hello everyone. I play vanilla coh frequently but now im starting to learn a bit of coh2.
I have 2 problems if someone can help me.

1 soviet sniper . it cannot be countersniped, i tried multiple times but second guy retreats.
some people say fast t2 but thats not really an answer, its like live through the pain.

2 m3 scout car as first unit.. In the hands of decent player i cannot ever reach it for faust. If i do however the grens burn to death faster than they get the faust off,, which still deals only half health damage.

Generally speaking the whermacht t1 is really vunrable since cons can fireup and cars can drive around mgs and grens cooking stuff. The sniper is also very very weak, but with good micro can survive till midgame. please advise how to fight soviet early game effectively

thx in advance
13 May 2014, 11:20 AM

Permanently Banned
1. it can, it is eneugh if you kill one of them, then go back with yours.

2. go fast t2 for AC if you meet his first t1 unit. Until mg could hold it back if you have gren near, or try to go behind it with gren( it is called flank)
13 May 2014, 11:22 AM

Germans get panzerfausts off the bat, they're very useful as flamers don't have that much more range than them. The .50 cal on the M3 is annoying but not much else. MG-42s on either infantry units are effective, a panzerfaust followed by sustained fire will destroyed the M3 and cause massive casualties to those inside. armour piercing rounds on vet 1 MG-42 will wreck an m3. In the longer term use a 221 yourself, the 20mm cannon upgrade will wreck any remaining scoutcars.

The Soviet Sniper, whilst difficult to countersnipe, cannot countersnipe you if you snipe from cover. Snipe in cover and you'll recloak before he can get a shot. Use this to your advantage. DO NOT run the sniper around in an open field where he will be shot. The German sniper camos absurdly quickly, so use that to your advantage.

Don't think that fireup makes Cons unsuppressable. Suppression stop them dead, the MG-42 is your friend, but keep grens near it. If Cons ura up to it to throw a molotov, move or retreat the MG and in that time the grens will have damaged the cons enough for them to be defeated by your grens.

13 May 2014, 11:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Germans get panzerfausts off the bat, they're very useful as flamers don't have that much more range than them. The .50 cal on the M3 is annoying but not much else. MG-42s on either infantry units are effective, a panzerfaust followed by sustained fire will destroyed the M3 and cause massive casualties to those inside. armour piercing rounds on vet 1 MG-42 will wreck an m3. In the longer term use a 221 yourself, the 20mm cannon upgrade will wreck any remaining scoutcars.

The Soviet Sniper, whilst difficult to countersnipe, cannot countersnipe you if you snipe from cover. Snipe in cover and you'll recloak before he can get a shot. Use this to your advantage. DO NOT run the sniper around in an open field where he will be shot. The German sniper camos absurdly quickly, so use that to your advantage.

Don't think that fireup makes Cons unsuppressable. Suppression stop them dead, the MG-42 is your friend, but keep grens near it. If Cons ura up to it to throw a molotov, move or retreat the MG and in that time the grens will have damaged the cons enough for them to be defeated by your grens.

About your second point I have some questions. I tried the german sniper and it works okay against soviet snipers. It really forces them to fire less freguently allowing you to move up. The vet1 is quite nice but still does not guarantee a wipe and has long aimtime. I just have some questions:
If german sniper fires at a con squad from cover. Can the soviet sniper countersnipe fast enough or does the german sniper cloak first? What about when you shoot at a soviet sniper who hasnt shot yet?
I ask because from my gameplay the sniper sometimes doesnt cloak fast enough and gets countersniped after example 1 but sometimes he does cloak fast enough. Maybe it is because the enemy targets my sniper too late?
13 May 2014, 12:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Countersniping is possible, but it is hard and requires your opponent to make mistakes. In green cover the German sniper should be able to re-cloak after his first shot before the Soviet sniper can get off a shot due to the high aim time of the Soviet snipers. The vet 1 explosive rounds can 1-shot a Soviet sniper team, but don't rely on that to deal with enemy snipers.
Bum-rushing an early sniper with a lot of grens actually can work pretty well, unless you get led over a mine or into a maxim (not an issue in 1v1 :p).

The M3 dies horribly to upgunned ACs. Unless there are Guards in it.
Against flamer engis + M3, I like the ol' faust + rifle nade combo. Most players will back up their M3 when they see the faust animation start, then jump out the engineers to fix the engine. Fire a rifle grenade at them and *poof* problem solved. If you're lucky you'll kill the engi squad and the M3. Need to have T2 teched to use rifle nades, so there's another reason to go for a quick (after, say, 4 units) T2.

Re: "fire up". It's not like vCOH Fire Up. Oorah gives a movement speed bonus. That's all. It doesn't break suppression or give any other offensive/defensive bonuses. Granted, a conscript can usually use Oorah to throw a molotov on an MG before getting pinned if they use Oorah to close the distance.
13 May 2014, 19:56 PM

Countersniping is possible, but it is hard and requires your opponent to make mistakes. In green cover the German sniper should be able to re-cloak after his first shot before the Soviet sniper can get off a shot due to the high aim time of the Soviet snipers. The vet 1 explosive rounds can 1-shot a Soviet sniper team, but don't rely on that to deal with enemy snipers.
Bum-rushing an early sniper with a lot of grens actually can work pretty well, unless you get led over a mine or into a maxim (not an issue in 1v1 :p).

The M3 dies horribly to upgunned ACs. Unless there are Guards in it.
Against flamer engis + M3, I like the ol' faust + rifle nade combo. Most players will back up their M3 when they see the faust animation start, then jump out the engineers to fix the engine. Fire a rifle grenade at them and *poof* problem solved. If you're lucky you'll kill the engi squad and the M3. Need to have T2 teched to use rifle nades, so there's another reason to go for a quick (after, say, 4 units) T2.

Re: "fire up". It's not like vCOH Fire Up. Oorah gives a movement speed bonus. That's all. It doesn't break suppression or give any other offensive/defensive bonuses. Granted, a conscript can usually use Oorah to throw a molotov on an MG before getting pinned if they use Oorah to close the distance.

thx for the info for reduced cloak time on german sniper. Also vet1 explosive rounds require the sniper to be vet1 in the first place which takes around 20 kills to achieve. bum rushing is well its gona work vs a medium player who doesnt micro much but it really isnt the solution vs a decent guy. same for m3. the counter requires time feul and upgrades.

so what i understood is play very defensively until you can feild t2. I hope that the "BIKE" DLC will come soon.
13 May 2014, 19:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2014, 19:56 PMSmaug
bum rushing is well its gona work vs a medium player who doesnt micro much but it really isnt the solution vs a decent guy.

Welcome to my (medium) world
14 May 2014, 01:10 AM

Does sniper camo take longer to reenter after each subsequent shot like coh1?
14 May 2014, 01:34 AM

You should never go sniper when facing T1. Both the M3 and sniper excel at killing it. The german sniper is better in all other areas though.

Also grens excel at long range giving them good damage versus sniper at almost all ranges, unlike cons who will usually need to charge a sniper, Grens usually do a lot of damage if they stay focus fire on it as long as they aren't in green cover.
14 May 2014, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thing is, if you know what you are doing, going ger snipers on 2v2 is a valid option to delay the fire of Russian sniper. If you don´t give him xp, he can´t get Guards and this gives time to your partner to further make use of a quick T2 222.

The times i face sniper are either: 2 sniper opening, 2nd unit M3 + some units and then sniper (which requires micro to keep up babysitting both units) or double snipers on mid late game.
I won´t recommend sniper on the 2nd option, in other cases is always a valid choice.
14 May 2014, 09:58 AM

You should never go sniper when facing T1. Both the M3 and sniper excel at killing it. The german sniper is better in all other areas though.

Also grens excel at long range giving them good damage versus sniper at almost all ranges, unlike cons who will usually need to charge a sniper, Grens usually do a lot of damage if they stay focus fire on it as long as they aren't in green cover.

What he said.
14 May 2014, 10:20 AM

M3 is great at harrassing early on, mirroring German AC harrasment, best thing you can do early game is try to flank and cut it off. If not, just stay in good green cover, best way to use the M3 now is to kite, so he wants you to run at him over open ground. Just waste its time by staying in green cover.

Once you get a German SC, try to take it out, but be very careful not to just run into cons with AT nade, or Guards, cos it will be gone quickly. Somtimes all you can manage is to force the M3 away and for it to stay more cautious... but then its your turn to kite with the 222.

Also perhaps handy hint, is if he has gone T1, you know you wont be seeing any MGs any time soon (unless from a doctrine), so abuse that and keep grens close together, possibly going for their cut off PE style.
14 May 2014, 13:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Disagree, getting a german sniper against just cons is extremely cost ineffecient and against maxims a mortar is better.
A german siper will force sov snipers to be alot more careful allowing your mate getting a 222 quicker before guards show.
15 May 2014, 10:41 AM

can anyone of you agree that whermacht t1 has no counter to soviet t1 ?

and upon seeing t1 to rush whermacht t2 which reqiures about 60 feul (tech and build) and about 7-9 minutes to feild? untill than just run in circles.

plz anyone correct me if im wrong
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
Peru 7
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L