Login

russian armor

Omega's Japanese Faction

PAGES (7)down
10 May 2014, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 19:04 PMAffe

You guys can see here that relic sees the same Problems like i do.They doesn t Sound very excited about adding Japan to the game.

Yea, that's why it took 3 and half year to beat some shit country as Japan right?

That's just Relic logic, even for them, main forces in USSR are conscripts, just like USSR never had regular infantry forces
10 May 2014, 19:29 PM

Japan never really had the need to have heavy tanks because what for?

Exactly.But in CoH2 there are masses of heavy tanks. 4vs4 maps are full of ISU-152s and IS-2s.If they would make japaneses tanks a Little bit realistic then ISU-152 or IS-2s would shred the japanese tanks with 1 shot to pieces.And the japanese infantry that attack the ISU-152 with mines or something would also get insta wipe killed by the big heavys.So what could a japanese faction do?Nothing.

I would love to see Japan as a faction.....if they had cool tanks and many modern weapons......but they didn t had all this.All the cool stuff Japan had were in the navy and the aircrafts.But CoH2 is not about that.

Where is the Logical point in adding such a faction?A japanese faction would be just a downgrade axis faction with weak infantry weapons, weak tanks, and weak arty.Where is the Point to choosing a faction that has everything that Germany has but only much , much weaker?They have also no cool "WOW there is a Tiger/ISU-152 Units" that all other factions have.There are just no cool "WOW" units.

Relic will have to ask themselfes These questions and its hard to find an rational answer to them to make them spend Money to design such a faction.The question for relic is "Who wants to Play a faction that have no real exciting and impressive Units like the other factions have?

10 May 2014, 19:32 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

@Affe! Ever thought about the fact, that there is NO reason to let the Japanese play against the Russians?

They did not have any combat in WW2 so it would make no sense...

Booom all your dipshit arguments pulverized :snfBarton:
10 May 2014, 19:36 PM

@Affe! Ever thought about the fact, that there is NO reason to let the Japanese play against the Russians?

Actually, they had some at the very end.

First IS-3 tanks were deployed against them.
But since that was after conquering Berlin it doesn't make sense to get that into the game anyway.

I don't understand all that japan hype at all.

Japs were all about numbers and inferior, outdated equipment pretty much everywhere else except in air.
10 May 2014, 19:39 PM

Yea, that's why it took 3 and half year to beat some shit country as Japan right?

That's just Relic logic, even for them, main forces in USSR are conscripts, just like USSR never had regular infantry forces

i have nothing against Japan but i see all this ideas from a rational game design perspective.

Oh and btw most of that 3 and a half years you mention were fought on the sea and not on land.I don t know about your knowledge about the pacific theatre but there were no epic tank battles like kursk or something.

The pacific theatre is very interesting from a historical perspective.But guys come on this is Company of heroes if they would add the pacific to this game it would be something that had nothing much to do with Company of heroes anymore.

I think many of you guys havent thought this idea well out.
10 May 2014, 19:43 PM

If this is true then relic must also have dipshit arguments because they see the same Problems like i do.

Oh and BTW Japan had a fight against the soviets in 1945:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria
So it seems that your own "dipshit arguments" are pulverized now by yourself.Congratz:clap:

When i read your arrogant coment i think the guys working at relic should all quit there Jobs because "FichtenMoped" can do everything much better.He hasn t think much about the Problems with a japanese faction but he knows everything better.
10 May 2014, 19:49 PM

*delete this pls.
10 May 2014, 20:15 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Wow seems you don't get my point... He did this for us, and he spend quite a time on it. Instead of honoring at least his effort you just stomp it into the ground!

Okay I forgot about the Manchuria Invasion, but that isn't reasonable enough to let them play against each other ;) I like the pacific setting and I would like it to see these Jungele combats or something like that, but I think they should limit it to USA vs Japan... Because (and there you are right I have to say) they can't stand the russian army

I don't want to be arrogant ;) Sorry if my comment suggested this
10 May 2014, 20:19 PM

The Japanese were not a crappy army as they were able to pull of some the most stunning victories of the war, for example during the battle of Singapore they were able to maul a very large British garrison which much fewer men and put the US onto the back pedal during the opening years. The Japanese weapons had (on a technical level) 2 of the best bolt action rifles, the Type 38 had the best range of any rifle but had a weaker round whilst the Type 99 rifle had the most fire-power of any rifle in the war. The problem with the Japanese was that they had MACRO problems, just like the Germans, which meant the manufacturing and logistic side of things were really bad next to the Americans leading up to badly made weapons.

As for armour, that is easy to get around as the IJA will be fighting the US Marine faction which lacks the heavy armour of US Army and will fight on unique jungle based maps. There are many CoH players who would love a more infantry based focus and pacific theatre would be perfect for that.

The only thing that makes me not want the Japanese is the current lack of melee fighting...
10 May 2014, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 19:01 PMAffe

http://ww2db.com/vehicle_spec.php?q=180
In the Pacific War, where tank battles were few and far in-between, the M4 Sherman tanks easily out-classed their Japanese counterparts. Unlike their North African and European counterparts, the Sherman tanks deployed to the Pacific often used high explosive rounds instead of armor piercing rounds; the decision was made due to the reason that the Japanese tanks were thinly-armored, and armor piercing rounds often went through the tank without detonating the explosives. The armor piercing rounds, though, remained effective against defensive fortifications.

I don t know if you ever Play CoH2 multiplayer but there are definately heavy tanks in the game not only light tanks.

So you think a faction thats only weapon is to mine the whole map to do somehing against enemy tanks would be a lot of fun to Play?

I never said Japs should play vs Soviets, it should be a US Marine vs Japan only expansion with its own separate ladder like in SC2 HotS. And yes Sherman was better, but like I said Sherman is only a medium tank and they just worked in support with infantry in the Pacific but there weren't many if any large scale tank battles. Light tanks, AT guns, infantry with AT nades + suicide bombers, and direct fire artillery should provide enough defense in depth to stop a few medium tanks.
10 May 2014, 20:30 PM

Wow seems you don't get my point... He did this for us, and he spend quite a time on it. Instead of honoring at least his effort you just stomp it into the ground!

Okay I forgot about the Manchuria Invasion, but that isn't reasonable enough to let them play against each other ;) I like the pacific setting and I would like it to see these Jungele combats or something like that, but I think they should limit it to USA vs Japan... Because (and there you are right I have to say) they can't stand the russian army

I don't want to be arrogant ;) Sorry if my comment suggested this

Yeah thats nice that he spend all his time making this idea about a japanese faction but you guys have to think a Little bit realistic.Its like all you guys think "Oh thats sounds cool relic have to do it now".

I also spend a lot of time and trying to tell you why this idea might be not the best but you guys don t honoring all my effort.You guys just insulting me with rough comments.

Most People playing CoH2 are casual Players.They want to have fast fun with cool and epic Units.You guys saw the western front Trailer?The Sturmtiger was the star of that Trailer.All People talked about it.Relic has added the sturmtiger because they know that the Players would love the idea of such an unique unit.

But......if relic would really add the japanese faction then the same casual Player would watch a Trailer about the japanese faction and start to ask themself: "What? Thats all? Where is the japanese Sturmtiger or Jagdtiger?" The answer is there is no such cool and unique unit in the japanese army and most casual Players would not have much fun to Play this faction.So relic would add a army that 90% of the casual Players would not Play.

Thats why i don t understand all this fanatical Hype about a japanese faction.

10 May 2014, 20:42 PM

As for armour, that is easy to get around as the IJA will be fighting the US Marine faction which lacks the heavy armour of US Army and will fight on unique jungle based maps. There are many CoH players who would love a more infantry based focus and pacific theatre would be perfect for that.

If relic would really design the ideas you guys want they have to ask themself the question:" Will the MAJORITY of the Players love to Play a Company of heroes without all the epic tank battles? Should we spend Money to design such a gameplay?"

I think the answer is no. CoH2 without tanks is nothing but a downgrade from the actual gameplay. Why should the Players prefer a CoH2 without tanks to a CoH2 with tanks?

I m sorry but i see no Logical reasons to Play a CoH2 with less Units and Options.It s just nothing more then a downgrade.Would you guys love the Play Ostheer vs Soviets without tanks and vehicles?It would be just boring and dull.
10 May 2014, 20:46 PM

Affe is making a lot of sense IMO.

That said, if it was a US marines vs IJA only expasion, maybe they could make it work, and I would be interested on it, but no way they could balance it vs the regular US army, Brits(with late war european teather equipment) or Soviets...
10 May 2014, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 19:29 PMAffe

Exactly.But in CoH2 there are masses of heavy tanks. 4vs4 maps are full of ISU-152s and IS-2s.If they would make japaneses tanks a Little bit realistic then ISU-152 or IS-2s would shred the japanese tanks with 1 shot to pieces.And the japanese infantry that attack the ISU-152 with mines or something would also get insta wipe killed by the big heavys.So what could a japanese faction do?Nothing.

Japan Had Bazookas (type 4), 75mm AA gun, aka German Flak 88 (Type 88), great Tank Destroyers like Ho-Ni's (gun caliber same as Type 88), magnetic mines (mine - Type 99, unit - kamikaze), AT rifle grenade (Type 2), "Panzerfaust in Japanese" edition which was nearly same as German panzerfaust but the owner of it died
10 May 2014, 20:53 PM

6000 MP & 100 Fuel:

10 May 2014, 21:24 PM

That said, if it was a US marines vs IJA only expasion, maybe they could make it work, and I would be interested on it, but no way they could balance it vs the regular US army, Brits(with late war european teather equipment) or Soviets...

There is the next Problem the western front armies can also fight against the eastern front armys.Relic said that they want to make mixed Teams to give the Players all Options.Sp that OKW can fight against the soviets and Ostheer against the US Army.

The Idea of a IJA vs US marines only expansion doesn t fit to relics policy in that case.

Japan Had Bazookas (type 4), 75mm AA gun, aka German Flak 88 (Type 88), great Tank Destroyers like Ho-Ni's (gun caliber same as Type 88), magnetic mines (mine - Type 99, unit - kamikaze), AT rifle grenade (Type 2), "Panzerfaust in Japanese" edition which was nearly same as German panzerfaust but the owner of it died

Dude in the actual game german PGrens with Shrecks and paks getting shred to Pieces by the ISU-152, IS-2, KV-8 or KV-2.If relic would go on with your ideas they would Need to make some "Superman-magically-Japanese-Infantry" that could withstand shots from the ISU-152 and that would be completely unrealistic or relic would Need to nerf all soviet heavy tanks and that would destroy the Balance against the german factions.

And about the Ho-Ni tank destroyer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_3_Ho-Ni_III
Combat record[edit]

Although the Type 3 Ho-Ni III were assigned to various combat units, most were stationed within the Japanese home islands to defend against the projected Allied Invasion. As the surrender of Japan occurred before that invasion, there is no record of the Type 3 Ho-Ni III ever being used in actual combat.

Same goes for the Ho-Ni II.

And if you talk about the Ho-Ni I:

That Thing had paper thin armour.
It would be Japans "Super-Heavy-late game-special-Wonderweapon-call in tank" as the ultimate weapon of destruction from the IJA army.:S
I m sorry to tell you but i think this Thing is not going to match something like an ISU-152.o_O

10 May 2014, 21:59 PM

This thing doesn't look like it can match T34.
10 May 2014, 22:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Looks more like a SPG than a real battle tank
10 May 2014, 22:24 PM
Donator 33

Hhhhmm, if they would give japanese troops an immunity to suppression...they would die to MGs very fast, but atleast they would be somewhat unique, and AT options would probably be, suicide infantry rushing to tanks and relying on mines and boobytraps to take out the enemy

10 May 2014, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2014, 21:24 PMAffe

There is the next Problem the western front armies can also fight against the eastern front armys.Relic said that they want to make mixed Teams to give the Players all Options.Sp that OKW can fight against the soviets and Ostheer against the US Army.

The Idea of a IJA vs US marines only expansion doesn t fit to relics policy in that case.

Dude in the actual game german PGrens with Shrecks and paks getting shred to Pieces by the ISU-152, IS-2, KV-8 or KV-2.If relic would go on with your ideas they would Need to make some "Superman-magically-Japanese-Infantry" that could withstand shots from the ISU-152 and that would be completely unrealistic or relic would Need to nerf all soviet heavy tanks and that would destroy the Balance against the german factions.

And about the Ho-Ni tank destroyer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_3_Ho-Ni_III
Combat record[edit]

Although the Type 3 Ho-Ni III were assigned to various combat units, most were stationed within the Japanese home islands to defend against the projected Allied Invasion. As the surrender of Japan occurred before that invasion, there is no record of the Type 3 Ho-Ni III ever being used in actual combat.

Same goes for the Ho-Ni II.

And if you talk about the Ho-Ni I:

That Thing had paper thin armour.
It would be Japans "Super-Heavy-late game-special-Wonderweapon-call in tank" as the ultimate weapon of destruction from the IJA army.:S
I m sorry to tell you but i think this Thing is not going to match something like an ISU-152.o_O

Like the CoH2 and realism had something in common.... that's why Puma can kill most of the modern Soviet armour

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS