Login

russian armor

Outranged

6 May 2014, 20:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Destroy 50 leFH 18 Artillery Howitzer team members with ML-20 152mm Gun-Howitzer

This is by no means the most uncommom bulletin, but it is one of four I don't have and the only one I have no progress towards getting.

I never see German Artillery in multiplayer.

I never see German Artilley in Comp Stomp

I don't think, though I will check later, that there are any TOW that fit

And none of the talk is about how common artillery play is 1v1

So, how did people get it?
6 May 2014, 20:54 PM

Exact same way as any other.

With a friend, farming bulletins in custom game.
6 May 2014, 20:54 PM

Custom games with friends. The idea of on-map artillery really needs to be fixed.
6 May 2014, 21:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Exact same way as any other.

With a friend, farming bulletins in custom game.

I was afraid you'd say that.

I've got everything else without needing to do that

How dirty will I feel?
6 May 2014, 21:54 PM

No idea. I don't consider any bulletin except 3% accuracy ones for most often used infantry worthwhile.

If you just want them all, simply farm them and be happy from steam achievement.
99% of them are completely meaningless.
6 May 2014, 22:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Custom games with friends. The idea of on-map artillery really needs to be fixed.

Yeah, on map artillery is really pretty bad.

Thing is I don't think it will ever be good for two reasons:

1) Atillery is not sexy.

Tanks are sexy, infantry is necessary.

2) Artillery based gameplay is seen as static and camping, hence unpopular.

Option A would be to remove it from the game entirely and have it all as call ins.
It would then be powerful, but you would not have the option to build it in game.
That might be cool though.

Option B would be to fix it, there are plenty of things that could be done to fix it, but I don't think it would take the game somewhere people would want to go.

Let's look at the issues:

1) High MP cost, no fuel.

2) Vulnerability

Offensively Artillery is fine, because people hate being shelled and devote considerable effort to killing it if they can.

However because most people will build tanks in preference to artillery, it makes it something that people tend to build in two situations:

1) I have no fuel and this is the only powerful unit I can build, because I am losing I can only build it at or in my base so if I have to worry about protecting it I've already lost

2) I am winning and can spare the manpower to build it in a foward position and protect it

It's vulnerable because it's in a fixed position which can never be moved and is fairly fragile.

It can be counterbombarded without LOS, and against an opponent with recon + heavy call in (which is pretty much a given in multiplayer) it will be killed.

To make it useful I would do some or all of the following, some of which might be upgrades, others vet abiltiies

1) Not have give away its position when it causes damage

2) When not firing it is camoflaged and thus invisible to aircraft

3) Buff crew size and hit points

4) Allow it to dig in in a similar way to armour can hull down (boost armour and hit points)

5) Allow it to move, either by sending a halftrack (which are realistically I think too small for the job), or by paying fuel, or by having a special artillery tractor unit (I prefer paying fuel)

6) Accuracy is not linked to veterency but instead to how long it has been in one place, moving it forces the crew to reset their position and find themselves on the map
7 May 2014, 01:51 AM

I am all in for mobile spg artillery.
8 May 2014, 10:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

My thanks to the PM I got telling me that this can be got at the very start of Campaign Mission 12
17 Feb 2015, 13:23 PM

1) Atillery is not sexy.

2) Artillery based gameplay is seen as static and camping, hence unpopular.

1) I think it's way fun ("sexy") so I use it even though it's not very effective. The leFH 18 spread outside the circle and the circle is wide enough as it is. No precision shot with the german arty either.

2) I know. But people need to change this attitude because it is 100% scrub mentality. Same thing with blobs which is a more common despised tactic. Only tactics that make someone lose are despicable I noticed. I tried to explain to my friend the other day that he should have no selfimposed honor system about how the game is supposed to be played. There is no unbeatable tactic in this game, so start countering blobs if blobs is what you meet. And what that means is that you have to see what's happening Before it gets out of hand. If it does "get out of hand", it's because that player employed the better tactic and/or was more skilled than you (does anyone ever admit this? Lots of jerks online chose to have a terrible bullshit attitude of calling its own team noobs over giving cred to the opponent). If it requires no skill to blob, then how come you couldn't counter unskilled gameplay? What does that say about your skills? It is NOT an unbeatable tactic. So go blob yourself then. Whatever it takes. If you think "no, I don't wanna play that way" it's like asking the enemy to walk into your cannons the way you want them to. Only scrubs think that way.

I also wanna ask if anyone uses the leFH 18? It can pay off over the course of a game if you have a front that doesn't break, but it does spread like crazy.
17 Feb 2015, 13:32 PM

No idea. I don't consider any bulletin except 3% accuracy ones for most often used infantry worthwhile.

Veteran and reload ones are good, Panzer IV armour one is neato too. If you put the Panzer IV Veterancy bulletin on and use Elite Troops, you can get side-skirts in 2 Troop Trainings without ever setting foot in combat.
17 Feb 2015, 13:49 PM

I was afraid you'd say that.

I've got everything else without needing to do that

How dirty will I feel?

So, will you feel dirty together with me?
17 Feb 2015, 14:22 PM

This site needs rules against thread necromancy.
17 Feb 2015, 14:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Other rules would be better:

1) You are not allowed to post unless you have the game currently installed

2) You are not allowed to have more posts than you have hours played

Both of these would improve the standard of discourse here immensely
17 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM
Patrion 14

To answer the request of this topic (if necessary):

The easiest way to get this achievement alone is to play the campaign: mission 12 Poznan citadel
-> built a ML 20 howitzer in range with the leFH18 artillery
-> save the game
-> kill the team members with your(s) howitzer(s)
-> reload the previous game
you can kill about 6-9 members per run.
17 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 14:22 PMboc120

absolute

Just saw this in last posted on the frontpage, just assumed it was current :/
17 Feb 2015, 14:48 PM

If you want to farm bulletins, use Janne's CheatCommands mod.
17 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

When I opened this question this was the last bulletin I needed to get, back before warspoils came out and they were still linked to achievements
17 Feb 2015, 16:44 PM

Destroy 50 leFH 18 Artillery Howitzer team members with ML-20 152mm Gun-Howitzer

This is by no means the most uncommom bulletin, but it is one of four I don't have and the only one I have no progress towards getting.

I never see German Artillery in multiplayer.

I never see German Artilley in Comp Stomp

I don't think, though I will check later, that there are any TOW that fit

And none of the talk is about how common artillery play is 1v1

So, how did people get it?

You wanna do it? wanna part up and do it together? I only have this one left as well ;)
Add me on Steam: siuking666
17 Feb 2015, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 14:22 PMboc120

Go Rules for Everything, so that people don't have to check on anything or think for themselves anymore. It's too hard to handle to have a quick glance at the date. Better then to spam threads or discourage new posts. Complains about posting in old thread holds priority over answering/reacting to most recent post. Go forum.
17 Feb 2015, 18:26 PM

You can try to play me on the ladder. I make them from time to time if I don't get overrun by elite riflemen and no-tech EZ-8s before I can get to it.

Edit: I should look at dates more often.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★