Login

russian armor

Next patch ETA

6 May 2014, 21:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Could you link to that, please? I'd like to watch it.

I would also like it if there could be some changes before the expansion hits, as some of the issues in the current patch seems like relics (pun unintended) of changes to some of the game systems (eg super mines). I doubt we'll get word from Relic about the likelihood of such a patch, as they like to be very hush-hush with that sort of thing.

"There's probably not going to be a May update for balance...." (53 minutes)

[twitch=relicentertainment]archive_id=523028458[/twitch]]
7 May 2014, 08:34 AM

Permanently Banned
"No may update for balance"

No problem lets get raped by soviet sniper/guards/cons combo easy mode in the meantime and lets rape grenadiers and PGs 4 mans squads
7 May 2014, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2014, 19:38 PMWilliG

Yep. Same here, now would be on a 7 game win streak if I didnt have to take a phone call in the middle of a match.

:lolol: Don't you just hate when that happens? This game is like you need a sanctuary to play, while everybody need to leave you alone when you're in the middle of a match. Gsus, in other games you could eat a sandwich or smoke a cigarette while playing.
7 May 2014, 08:41 AM

No problem lets get raped by soviet sniper/guards/cons combo easy mode in the meantime and lets rape grenadiers and PGs 4 mans squads

You loved it and praised the may deployment patch to the hearts content.
Why the sudden change?
7 May 2014, 09:56 AM

So I take it that:

- You are top player in Soviets since you have discovered the ultimate strategies? If not, you should really show how easy it is.
- You were satisfied the "balance" that was in last patch?

After last patch I've played about equally with both factions and only few minor changes come to my mind to change but in general the balance is really good.
7 May 2014, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 09:56 AMFlamee

So I take it that:

- You are top player in Soviets since you have discovered the ultimate strategies? If not, you should really show how easy it is.
- You were satisfied the "balance" that was in last patch?

After last patch I've played about equally with both factions and only few minor changes come to my mind to change but in general the balance is really good.

this guy was complaining that soviets were op during march deployment.
7 May 2014, 11:05 AM

At least hotfix the mines, that would help a lot. Can't be too hard, can it?
7 May 2014, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 11:05 AMTNrg
At least hotfix the mines, that would help a lot. Can't be too hard, can it?

And the ISU and if you really must, the Elefant though I don't see what Elefant's problem really is. ISU is counter to anything, excellent against infantry type units, buildings and vehicles/tanks, being meanwhile very thick (it has all the qualities you can possibly imagine). Elefant has all qualities mentioned before for ISU except it does shit on infantry. So, I dunno, lower ISU efficiency on armor at list. Or infantry, if you wish. But Elefant has got no problem in my book.
To whom thinks the opposite: ok, I want Elefant have AI capabilities also then.
7 May 2014, 11:48 AM

I don't see what Elefant's problem really is.

Obviously you don't.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2 shooting almost every single tank in game and 3 shooting heavies with 100% penetration chance before they will even see you. And there is crew shock and spotting scopes on top of it.
Loosing 240mp is oh so bad, but loosing 310/100 is perfectly fine and balanced.

You can't see whats wrong with elephant, because you apply double standards on yourself on top of not playing soviets and having no clue how it is to face one.

Either both are op and in need of changes or none is.
Neo
7 May 2014, 11:50 AM

And the ISU and if you really must, the Elefant though I don't see what Elefant's problem really is.

The problem with the Elephant is that it does to tanks what ISU does to infantry.

The other problem with the Elephant is that it has no counters given that:

1) it comes in a doctrine that eliminates the most logical counter to a slow-moving heavy tank destroyer: artillery
2) is able to destroy any armor that tries to counter it
3) Soviets have no effective infantry-based AT
4) has incredible range AND sight

Mines, ISU and Elephant all need a hotfix. Apart from that, this game is way more balanced than it has ever been.
7 May 2014, 11:55 AM

What Neo? You counter the most expensive TANK DESTROYER in the game with a TANK?

PD: In team games, artillery would be destroyed anyways by other players with recon + bomb.
7 May 2014, 11:57 AM

What Neo? You counter the most expensive TANK DESTROYER in the game with a TANK?

PD: In team games, artillery would be destroyed anyways by other players with recon + bomb.

No, obviously with soviet shrecks that are decent infantry AT that elephant can't back off laughing at.

OH WAIT!
7 May 2014, 12:00 PM

So your telling me you wanna counter ISU with infantry, thats it?
7 May 2014, 12:01 PM

So your telling me you wanna counter ISU with infantry, thats it?

You didnt get the point.
7 May 2014, 12:45 PM

You can use combined arms to take out the elephant. It won't 1 shot any units, and tanks can flank.

Against the ISU however, it can wipe paks and infantry 1 at a time easily when ostheer tries to push. You can be unlucky in a push and lose several units quickly. It makes combined arms against it more difficult.

The Elefant is the only reasonable counter to ISU. You can try to rush in a few tanks and get lucky (against mines, conscripts with AT nades, zis support, but that requires much more effort/skill.

As Ostheer I would never get elefants unless the soviets had the nerve to get ISU and try to use this OP unit. If you're complaining that your ISU is countered too much by the elefent, u were basically asking for it.
Neo
7 May 2014, 13:39 PM

First of all, the elephant is not the most expensive tank destroyer in the game, the ISU is by 35 fuel and some manpower.

Secondly, Soviets have no infantry-based AT so yes, of course you have to counter the Elephant with combined arms.

Thirdly, I don't have a problem with people working together to destroy artillery. The problem I have is that the Elephant doctrine comes with everything you need to counter anything the Soviets could possibly throw at you.

Fourthly, the ISU is just as OP as the Elephant if not more OP right now. Both need hotfixing ASAP.

7 May 2014, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 13:39 PMNeo

First of all, the elephant is not the most expensive tank destroyer in the game, the ISU is by 35 fuel and some manpower.

Secondly, Soviets have no infantry-based AT so yes, of course you have to counter the Elephant with combined arms.

Thirdly, I don't have a problem with people working together to destroy artillery. The problem I have is that the Elephant doctrine comes with everything you need to counter anything the Soviets could possibly throw at you.

Fourthly, the ISU is just as OP as the Elephant if not more OP right now. Both need hotfixing ASAP.

That and all artillery is currently a bit naff.

Also that twitch video has a few extra commanders in the commander selections
7 May 2014, 13:55 PM
Donator 22

Obviously you don't.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2 shooting almost every single tank in game and 3 shooting heavies with 100% penetration chance before they will even see you. And there is crew shock and spotting scopes on top of it.
Loosing 240mp is oh so bad, but loosing 310/100 is perfectly fine and balanced.

You can't see whats wrong with elephant, because you apply double standards on yourself on top of not playing soviets and having no clue how it is to face one.

Either both are op and in need of changes or none is.

offtopic:

btw. one of the developer said weeks ago, that the elefant was and will be the best tank
(against armour I guess) in coh2
7 May 2014, 13:55 PM

A hotfix for mines and super tanks would be welcome, but relic isnt really known for making hotfixes(Tough I was surprised by the Panther penetration and assgrenren reinforce hotfixes)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight