Login

russian armor

Next patch ETA

9 May 2014, 10:54 AM

The tiger is the best TANK in the game. It nearly always takes combined arms to bring it down. Where as the Tiger can single handedly take down any vehicle.

An ISU, soviets best and most expensive vehicle can take out a Tiger ok, but if the Tiger can flank and use some smoke the ISU is also dead.

You really need to play against some Germans to find out how much of a pain the Tiger can be to face.
9 May 2014, 11:39 AM

The tiger is the best TANK in the game. It nearly always takes combined arms to bring it down. Where as the Tiger can single handedly take down any vehicle.

An ISU, soviets best and most expensive vehicle can take out a Tiger ok, but if the Tiger can flank and use some smoke the ISU is also dead.

You really need to play against some Germans to find out how much of a pain the Tiger can be to face.

Agreed that Tiger is probably the best and usefull tank nowadays, but to people scared by it and consider it OP I'll recommend to learn using the much better ranged and spotter, Su-85.
9 May 2014, 12:04 PM
Patrion 14

Lots of these arguments are too based on theory-crafting, not reality. For example, a Tiger isn't OP if you've killed all his infantry, got a ZiS and seeded the area with mines.

There are too many variables and the game is too situational. I don't get too concerned about Tigers nowadays: I play larger games and have a plan for heavy armour.

I just watched the latest RnP where VonIvan and Siberian get beaten in a 2 V 2. Both players relied on call-ins (ISU / T34/85) and infantry spam versus 2 x Tiger and an Elefant. A fun game to watch, but it showed that an over-reliance on call-ins can backfire.

I'm not a skilled player, so maybe I can't take those risks, but a layered all-arms approach usually allows me to win just over half my games as Sovs by planning my anti-armour strat (which invariably revolves around mines, ZiS, guards and 85s).
9 May 2014, 12:13 PM

Next patch confirmed for May 32nd on official COH2 site
9 May 2014, 12:36 PM

Next patch confirmed for May 32nd on official COH2 site

That couldn't be true. I heard it will be on 34th of May :lolol:
9 May 2014, 12:41 PM

I wonder if anyone checked official page!!!

Wouldn't suprise me
9 May 2014, 15:41 PM

No unfortunately the front page has already changed to sell the Western Front Armies.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but DLC really hurt COH2.

Instead of balancing the core game we are basically doubling the game to add more balance head aches.
9 May 2014, 16:21 PM

No unfortunately the front page has already changed to sell the Western Front Armies.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but DLC really hurt COH2.

Instead of balancing the core game we are basically doubling the game to add more balance head aches.

the game is more or less balanced now.

1V1 im talking about.

2V2 cannot be really balanced because of the way soviets work.
Soviets can only have one out of two tier options. Relic said that soviet tier options are supposed to be more effective than german ones because germans will no matter what have the counter available to them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
South Africa 1
Germany 25
unknown 7
Russian Federation 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L