Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
7 May 2014, 13:04 PM

Just came out of a 2v2. Killed an early sniper, killed a squad or two, had map advantage. Lend lease commander managed to survive long enough to get an absolutely alarming number of tanks. Holy shit I have never seen tank spam like that.

What's the balance consensus on that guy? Sherman spam chews up inf goddamn.

Yep, it's something not right with this doctrine. I find easy to win with it. You can replace the maxim with the better dshk, zis and atnades will help you to prevent some early german armor while you hold / take control of teritorry then you spam shermans. You don't need T3 or T4.
7 May 2014, 13:11 PM

I don't really care about the heavy MG, it's not too bad to face. But fuel-cheating commanders always piss me off. Opel, Industry and now Lend Lease. It seems to trivialize map control. The sherman will get a small nerf I'm sure next patch, but even so, I think these commanders are conceptually problematic. People used to whine about the Brit trucks and secured resourcing in the first game for similar reasons.
7 May 2014, 13:22 PM

I don't really care about the heavy MG, it's not too bad to face. But fuel-cheating commanders always piss me off. Opel, Industry and now Lend Lease. It seems to trivialize map control. The sherman will get a small nerf I'm sure next patch, but even so, I think these commanders are conceptually problematic. People used to whine about the Brit trucks and secured resourcing in the first game for similar reasons.

1. Get a scout car.
2. Upgrade to 222
3. Watch how the supply planes get obliterated.

I guess fuel caches also piss you off.
7 May 2014, 13:25 PM

I'm supposed to roll 222 scout cars down to intercept lend lease planes on the other side of Moscow Outskirts (Winter) when I don't even know they've gone LL commander?

Was that a serious suggestion?

And as a matter of fact I generally disagree with design decision to make points "dual purpose" that you specialize with caches. But that's got little to do with my irritation at those commanders.
7 May 2014, 13:27 PM

I'm supposed to roll 222 scout cars down to intercept lend lease planes on the other side of Moscow Outskirts (Winter) when I don't even know they've gone LL commander?

Was that a serious suggestion?

And as a matter of fact I generally disagree with design decision to make points "dual purpose" that you specialize with caches. But that's got little to do with my irritation at those commanders.

A single 222 kills the planes quite nicely. Also, the supply plane comes from YOUR DIRECTION. IT WILL ALWAYS pass from your DIRECTION. Meaning they will fly over YOUR base first.

Also, for 100 muni getting 20-40 fuel isint that great of a deal. Particuraly since most of the time you only get 20.
7 May 2014, 13:32 PM

Well I'll keep it in mind to try it the next time.
7 May 2014, 14:03 PM

Assuming map advantage translates into winning the game is one of the biggest mistakes new players to coh make. It takes quite a lot of losing to finally realise that it only translates into a unit or two advantage.

If you don't use that advantage, your opponent will almost always come back in the game.

Not trying to sound patronising or teach you to suck eggs, but map control is only the beginning .
7 May 2014, 14:56 PM

I clocked 650 hours with CoH1 and I certainly don't expect a temporary map adv to translate into an autowin. I just don't expect them to be able to get a lot of armor under those conditions, never seen so much so fast.
7 May 2014, 15:11 PM

Love the comments on how Germans have no close quarters combat troops.....

Pios/flame
Pg
Ag
Gren/g43

Also love the Germans cannot fight mg or snipers

Rifle grenade
Mortor
Sniper
Mortor half track

Seriously stop crying because soviets are kicking ass. Last patch forced soviet players to become better at micro and unit preservation. Now the game is balanced and guess what? Soviet players are better now and you are starting to realize how bad that steaming pile of horse dung patch was before.

You should have been playing soviets like the rest of us sharpening your skills instead of exploiting one of the most unbalanced patches I have ever seen in the coh franchise. Relic even gave you a p2w german doctorine as a cherry on top too.

I have now switched to Germany because it is my favorite faction and I don't have to feel like an asshole for using a overpowered hold my hand faction anymore. I can once again be proud to be a german player. Now if only relic would fix the p2w commander so that I can use the tiger ace....

So as all the great uber players constantly told us last patch learn to play and adapt.
7 May 2014, 15:17 PM

You should have been playing soviets like the rest of us sharpening your skills instead of exploiting one of the most unbalanced patches I have ever seen in the coh franchise.

1 unit was too godly (grenadiers) and that is *one of the most unbalanced patches I have ever seen in the coh franchise*.

I guess you didnt played vCoH1 1.0 Release version?
7 May 2014, 15:44 PM

I suppose its the state of call in tanks at the moment, by going no tier, you often have 300+ fuel stored ready to spam.
7 May 2014, 16:04 PM

I suppose its the state of call in tanks at the moment, by going no tier, you often have 300+ fuel stored ready to spam.
Since the patch I always go Tiger/ Elefant combo in 2v2 as Germans.

Usually I´ll mix in a StuG or two on the way to the CPs.

The two times I did build T4 the Panther was obliterated by Su-85s it couldn´t reach or Sherman-spam. With a Panther that

- has less range than the Russian tank hunter,
- less health than pre patch,
- less armor bonuses than other tanks at vet 2,
- is now more expensive,
- can´t blitz

and a nerfed Panzerwerfer there is no reason any longer to go T4 as Germans. You are better off with Tigers and Elefants late game.

In all honesty German T4 is a joke.
7 May 2014, 16:16 PM
Patrion 14

Since the patch I always go Tiger/ Elefant combo in 2v2 as Germans.

Usually I´ll mix in a StuG or two on the way to the CPs.

The two times I did build T4 the Panther was obliterated by Su-85s it couldn´t reach or Sherman-spam. With a Panther that has less range than the Russian tank hunter and less health than pre patch, is more expensive and can´t blitz and a nerfed Panzerwerfer there is no reason any longer to go T4 instead of Tiger or Elefant. Honestly German T4 is a joke.

no......

german t4 was a joke before the patch in 2v2+.

before this patch, in 2v2, one guy stall for t4 then get a panther and it was a definite win for german(unless germans are getting pummeled absolutely before hand). or 2 guys somehow stall for t4 then get 2 panthers rolling or panther/panzerwerfer, it was a most definite win. in 3v3+, at least two guys stall for t4, by the time which opels and caches are up for both sides, germans would've had greatest advantage.

that's how german t4 was in 2v2+ before the patch. hard to reach, but once you get it and manage to pull a panther out of it, the game became yours to win or lose. now, you have to think before using panthers, think before barraging with panzerwerfers.
7 May 2014, 16:23 PM

no......

german t4 was a joke before the patch in 2v2+.

before this patch, in 2v2, one guy stall for t4 then get a panther and it was a definite win for german(unless germans are getting pummeled absolutely before hand). or 2 guys somehow stall for t4 then get 2 panthers rolling or panther/panzerwerfer, it was a most definite win. in 3v3+, at least two guys stall for t4, by the time which opels and caches are up for both sides, germans would've had greatest advantage.

that's how german t4 was in 2v2+ before the patch. hard to reach, but once you get it and manage to pull a panther out of it, the game became yours to win or lose. now, you have to think before using panthers, think before barraging with panzerwerfers.
Now you pay a shitload of resources for something that is mediocre. Better spend all that manpower on two additional T2 units and go for Tiger. The Panther can´t fight infantry and at times even struggles with tanks. Try reaching a Su-85 now without getting AT naded. Strangely even Shermans and T-34/85 hurt it from the front. The amount of fuel it takes to get that Panther + teching means it´s usually alone.

Better build some additional low tier units and go for the Tiger directly. With the fuel you safed til that point you can even get out a second Tiger a bit faster than the second Panther and have excellent anti inf.

Panther? Nevermore!
raw
7 May 2014, 16:35 PM

I would really like to hear some honest opinions regarding this video.

Tiger OP but that's not exactly news. Zis spam is best soviet can do (i.e. horrible).
7 May 2014, 16:47 PM

Seriously, dont get panthers, and go for Tiger. Much much more cost effective.

Panther is crap atm, also the werfer with that ultra cooldown. Use Light Artillery Barrage(120 munis) for artillery support, or Stukas. They perform better than werfer.
7 May 2014, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned
Tiger is the only real good thing for german in later game... T4 is "crappy" comparing with the soviet's in that point... Panther to weak (for the real panther), brummbar slow...

I wanna a T85 equal tank call in, that is easy!!!

And early game, scout car? Fuel on the trash, scout car that need always ultra care, or it will explode, need be a robot to control you infantry, make the war, and do ultra care for the scout paper car! They are good in agression, but need always be in the back...

Good control scout car? Let you infantry die... Care you infantry? Scout car in fire... hahaha!!

But i wanna know if they win (with cannon up) versus a T70, the 2 are fast's, but i think the T70 get advantage, is correct?

Oh, and the new german commander, Puma in Tier 6, in that time i have a Panzer!!! wtf!!! 80 fuel for a paper armor like the scout car??? Common!!!
7 May 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 16:57 PMBravus
Tiger is the only real good thing for german in later game... T4 is "crappy" comparing with the soviet's in that point... Panther to weak (for the real panther), brummbar slow...

And early game, scout car? Fuel on the trash, scout car that need always ultra care, or it will explode, need be a robot to control you infantry, make the war, and do ultra care for the scout paper car! They are good in agression, but need always be in the back...

Good control scout car? Let you infantry die... Care you infantry? Scout car in fire... hahaha!!

But i wanna know if they win (with cannon up) versus a T70, the 2 are fast's, but i think the T70 get advantage, is correct?

l2micro
7 May 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2014, 16:57 PMBravus

Its called Panzer 4.
You might have heard about it once or twice.
7 May 2014, 19:03 PM

Germans are OP. The commander with the Assault Grenadiers is a little bit over the top.

That's why I bought it.

And it's too easy to win...
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L