Login

russian armor

Territory points inside objects?

1 May 2014, 21:18 PM

Just a quick question: can I place territory points (flags) inside houses, and then put the capturable range around the house, so you can capture it when your soldiers are around the house?

1 May 2014, 21:28 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Most likely. Interesting concept. Go for it!
1 May 2014, 21:45 PM

Permanently Banned
there was a bug or the way it is, that the house was near the capture point and you could capture the point while you are in house. Maybe it was prypat.

Anyway you can cap point with trench inside.
1 May 2014, 21:59 PM

Good idea for Victory Points. I came up with a similar idea, but i did not put it into practice, because of fuel/ammo caches.
1 May 2014, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
it could be like a big victory point territory and like 3-4 houses inside, and it would work like a city warfare. You have to fight house by house to control the VP.
2 May 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 21:59 PMofield
Good idea for Victory Points. I came up with a similar idea, but i did not put it into practice, because of fuel/ammo caches.

I don't think the actual point would have to be inside the building, but only the "Capture Area" would need to be painted where the buildings are. This would leave the point to be constructed on.
4 May 2014, 09:59 AM

I don't think the actual point would have to be inside the building, but only the "Capture Area" would need to be painted where the buildings are. This would leave the point to be constructed on.

The idea was to place the actual point inside an object, to make the point invisible. So that it looks like the strategic point is a house, and not a flag.

This gives you problems with constructing caches, but that actually made my think about a tactical thing: you can't place caches on some of the points (those points are close to the bases), so you have to place caches closer to your enemy. (This is meant for big maps, not for small ones.)
5 May 2014, 00:03 AM

The idea was to place the actual point inside an object, to make the point invisible. So that it looks like the strategic point is a house, and not a flag.

This gives you problems with constructing caches, but that actually made my think about a tactical thing: you can't place caches on some of the points (those points are close to the bases), so you have to place caches closer to your enemy. (This is meant for big maps, not for small ones.)

Most objects are destructible, how would it affect your goal if the object was completely destroyed? For example a building, once destroyed it cannot be entered, would that territory go unchallenged if not accessible?
5 May 2014, 08:49 AM

Most objects are destructible, how would it affect your goal if the object was completely destroyed? For example a building, once destroyed it cannot be entered, would that territory go unchallenged if not accessible?

I actually mean that the capturable range is outside of the house, so it does not matter if the house is destroyed or not.
5 May 2014, 23:03 PM

Do the territory points work while height adjusted? You could just sink it below the terrain where your building is. Something to check out, if you haven't gotten it working yet.
6 May 2014, 13:10 PM

Do the territory points work while height adjusted? You could just sink it below the terrain where your building is. Something to check out, if you haven't gotten it working yet.

I have never tried something like this, but it's worth trying :bananadance:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2
United Kingdom 66
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %