Login

russian armor

Soviet TM 35 Mine

30 Apr 2014, 10:26 AM

What would be the point of mines if they weren't a threat? If mines didnt kill my squads, i wouldn't upgrade pios to get a minesweeper.
Nobody is suggesting not making them a threat. People are simply upset that 240 or 320 manpower gets lost to a mine.
30 Apr 2014, 11:06 AM

Nobody is suggesting not making them a threat. People are simply upset that 240 or 320 manpower gets lost to a mine.

Well, cataclaw lost M3, flame engies and shock squad to a single mine field.
All mines are really potent.

Try sometimes placing a teller or minefield instead of getting LMG, grens don't really need these LMGs to beat cons.
30 Apr 2014, 12:25 PM

I gotta agree that it would be cool if AOE was toned down just a lil bit and replaced with suppresion like in coh1.
30 Apr 2014, 12:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think the T35 mine should behave like all the other explosives and have a dropoff of damage. If this makes the mines inconsistent maybe add suppression back to them (which worked great in vcoh)
Well somebody posted the exaxt same idea as me :P
30 Apr 2014, 12:38 PM

Did you build minesweepers after that?

Also I place my mines on roads most of the time as they are transportation routes for tanks more often than not. Does negative armour modifier affects mines damage? If yes, maybe that's the reason of squad wipes?

Additional damage has no effect on squad wipe potential for soviet mines, since they are already dealing 100% damage in their whole explosion radius.
Which is 200 damage, slightly higher than HP of infantrymen.
30 Apr 2014, 12:42 PM

in my opinion soviet mines need to work like this

Damage inner radius: 200 (killing the soldier/s who actually trigger it and dealing high dmg to vehicles)
Damage outer radius: 40 (same as s-mines / still heavy dmg = might wipe injured squads, wont wipe full health squads)

i might be ignorant of something relevant here... but then ignorance is strength.
especially when discussing balance
30 Apr 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2014, 11:06 AMKatitof

Well, cataclaw lost M3, flame engies and shock squad to a single mine field.
All mines are really potent.

Try sometimes placing a teller or minefield instead of getting LMG, grens don't really need these LMGs to beat cons.
S-mine fields come with obvious signs, cost twice as much and gives its victims the chance to halt if they stumble upon it. If a S-mine field wipes a squad it is usually due to incompetence on the Soviet side unless it is placed in a retreat path. Soviet mines are stealthy sons of guns that regularly wipe entire squads that step on them.
30 Apr 2014, 13:02 PM

Players are not AI, they aren't omni aware.
Even the best ones will hit the mines.

And its not like its hard or takes long to plant s-mine field on retreat path either.
30 Apr 2014, 13:10 PM

Did you build minesweepers after that?

Also I place my mines on roads most of the time as they are transportation routes for tanks more often than not. Does negative armour modifier affects mines damage? If yes, maybe that's the reason of squad wipes?

Yes I had at least on sweeper in every game. Kind of funny I had a stray mortar shell land need one of my pios while clearing a mine... :|.
30 Apr 2014, 14:41 PM

I would say that they can kill one or 2 of your squad and damage the rest of the squad that you have to retread, that would be okay. But in my opinion the worst thing is , that they instandly kill a scoutcar, it´s a really expensiv unit and the best early counter to soviet scoutcars , i hate t35 mines
30 Apr 2014, 14:42 PM

it would be okay If they would kill one or 2 of your squad and damage the rest of the squad that you have to retreat that would be okay. But in my opinion the worst thing is , that they instandly kill a scoutcar, it´s a really expensive unit and the best early counter to soviet scoutcars , i hate t35 mines
30 Apr 2014, 14:50 PM

I totally understand why the mines kill scoutcars, but it kinda goes a bit against the concept of a scout car, if you can only use it behind slow pios, because you have to fear mines. Also its not that easy for Pioneers to ceck the enemy half of the map for mines, because well, there are enemys.

Possible Solution: Maybe make it so that mines don't insta kill scoutcars but always give heavy engine damage or even immobilized + almost one hit a Scoutcar (not for heavyer vewhicles.) so that you can maybe save it, if you have a mg nearby? Hmm, not really a good solution.
30 Apr 2014, 15:23 PM
Patrion 14

Mines are laid in territory that is in the fog of war for the opposing player, therefore they are of a defensive nature, although aggressive placement is perfectly possible.

If your scout car pursues a retreating squad you made an internal valuation weighing the risks (hitting a mine and loosing your sc, m3 or t70) against the rewards (killing the squad). If you hit a mine (regardless of whether it is a sc, m3 or t70) you did that willingly and knowingly and by no means should you get out of it.

This principle applies for both factions.

The potency of mines against infantry however is absolutely something that can be discussed.
30 Apr 2014, 17:46 PM

I don't mind making mines so they won't instance kill full health squads but tbh Relic didn't address this at all even if people are complaining about almost from the beginning. I guess they are happy with how Soviet mines perform so right now the best option is to go for minesweepers.
30 Apr 2014, 17:55 PM

Soviet mines does too much damage, people saying that it's becuase units bunch up is just talking nonsense. The mine kills everything in it's blast radius there is no damage reduction at outer edge its the same damage all around it. Of course mines are supposed to be lethal but vCoH mines are lethal and they didn't have to wipe out an entire squad consistently.
1 May 2014, 11:46 AM

Fact is the blast damage is tremendous, I underlined this by giving light to the numbers and compare them to other weapons with explosive blast. The TM-35 mine outranges all comparable weapons and falls out of Relics concept for explosive weapons (consistant blast damage drop off).

This mine is MUCH more potentent and deadly then any mortar and even more potent than artillery. For 30 munitions and right from them start? I doubt this is intended.

I have no problem if the mine kills the models (1 or 2) that happens to stand in the center of the blast and leave the rest that stand in the outer area of the blast heavily damaged. Thats more than enough for 30 munitions if you ask me.

But I am still guessing that this is not intended and asking someone at Relic to give some info on this subject.

Regards
ace

P.S. the same goes in some way for the Ostheer Tellermine. It has the same "blast damage profile". The difference is it won't trigger when infantry walks over it. But if a squad heppens to be near when it goes off -> Dead!
1 May 2014, 12:25 PM

strange ppl complaning about this. it rarely happens to me that i kill a full squad. w yes if they happen to buch op al 4 then they al sould die but that is the same for the rifel granade that kils alot of the time 6 guys that are buch up in green cover. that that one cost less ammo and has huge range and im not complaining about that as well
1 May 2014, 13:33 PM

Mines were perfect in coh 1. I want coh 1 mines back!
1 May 2014, 13:46 PM
Donator 11

people keep forgetting that mine sweepers are also cheap...
1 May 2014, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 13:33 PMS73v0
Mines were perfect in coh 1. I want coh 1 mines back!

They are still there in coh1, feel free to go there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★