Login

russian armor

Thoughts about new patch

29 Apr 2014, 08:59 AM

Learn to addapt, it's a whole different playstyle now for germans (and also for soviets).
And indeed, a scientific study about the expert AI's, Dude..
29 Apr 2014, 09:08 AM

I love this game more from point, we start play both side in our team.
29 Apr 2014, 09:19 AM

I dunno how you missed it but before this patch, pioneer and pgren blobs could indeed ignore cover and run across the field,

I can't agree here. Any squad who broke the rule of cover - even shocks (highest armor value in the game) - were cut down. Exception was when 3-4 blobbed squads were attacking one squad, then, of course, they could easily overrun the squad in cover. But that's past now.
29 Apr 2014, 09:39 AM

you cant' talk smack about shermans and ignore pumas

what the fuck is the range on those things? it's insane!
29 Apr 2014, 09:50 AM

I can't agree here. Any squad who broke the rule of cover - even shocks (highest armor value in the game) - were cut down. Exception was when 3-4 blobbed squads were attacking one squad, then, of course, they could easily overrun the squad in cover. But that's past now.

Actually, in march deployment patch anything could close in on conscripts and kill them effortlessly, because they were shooting blanks for a month.

You could run negative cover with pios and still beat cons easily.
It is only now that you can't do it anymore.
29 Apr 2014, 11:39 AM

-AssG are "dead weight" till they fix the 55mp reinforcement cost.

AG have been fixed on april 25th.
29 Apr 2014, 11:42 AM

this patch is great, only few balance tweaks needed here and there, but overall, the game is probaly the most balanced it's ever been.

Also, i have no idea what you mean by stugs mean weak. If anything they are OP.
Definately better than they were last patch.
1 May 2014, 01:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Just need to put more armor and less sensitive to tanks.

Coh2 tanks: jamming at 1mm water. Blow engine at fence.
1 May 2014, 02:18 AM

Stugs beat T34/76 straight up, annihilate infantry and are cheap as hell.

Imma guessing you are a biased German player.
1 May 2014, 02:23 AM
Patrion 15

I really, really like the patch. As others have stated, my losses this patch feel like more of a result of being outplayed rather than being cheated. The balance is the best it has been in a while, and overall the game is much, much more tactical and enjoyable to play. Serious props to relic on this one.

That being said I still have some major issues with some of the core mechanics of the game, namely one shot squad wipes.(152 is the biggest offender, but I have had a tiger wipe a 6 man conscript squad multiple times this patch) Soviet mines are also wiping squads more than before, which I find endlessly frustrating. I would much prefer the vcoh mine system of decent damage and an insta pin. This way they would still be an effective use of munitions without being completely counter intuitive to the whole squad preservation system. Its just too effective to be able to throw down a 30 munition mine and get a random squad wipe off of it. Aside from that, the list of issues with the game has been whittled down to a very short one, and its a good thing too, because with two whole new factions, we're bound to have some more hiccups. Relics has done a decent job to this point of getting balance in line though, so I have hope that everything goes smoothly with the release of the Americans and the OKW.
1 May 2014, 03:15 AM

Permanently Banned
The game is good, but needs to continue in the direction of reality (as far as possible since it is just a game).

've Packed quite a lot, I think they have to straighten out the big guns such as artillery to great effect, panic to Infantry (practically nonexistent), tanks sensitive regarding vs RNG, mobility, etc..
1 May 2014, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 07:23 AMVonIvan
Imho this patch is actually still German favored, early/mid/late-game. But only by a little bit. - This is geared towards the meta as a whole.(Specifically 1s and 2s)

-That being said I couldn't agree more at the balance being better than ever. Though I still think the new German commander is very effective, especially with the puma.(I don't say OP anymore because I'm tired of everyone listing everything as OP). I have other gripes as well but they're minor compared to what we had to deal with last patch. So my only major gripe is the puma.

This is exactly what I have said in a couple topics and in my stream, exact same sentiment. Patch is excellent gameplay is fun and tactical, combined arms a must. Company of Heroes is back in a big way!

Germans are still slightly favored it is the truth. They may seem under-powered to many of you simply because you have an artificially inflated rank due to previous balance. Germans were so Imba last patch that it was down right laughable and many of you obtained many wins that you didn't earn and didn't deserve vs players much much better then you. So as a consequence of that your rank is much higher then it should be and your simply getting owned because now that the game has some semblance of balance you are completely out of your skill range and that makes it look like German infantry might be lacking or panther sucks or whateva but the truth is your simply being outplayed by people that are way above your skill range and you shouldnt be playing anyway.

Don't worry as you play more games you will continue to lose until you drop down to your true skill level and then you will see balance is very nice.

Also the New German commander is great fun and very powerful. I do not think he is OP though at all so people please don't start whining about it or the puma. Both are powerful especially if used well but are they OP no.s
1 May 2014, 10:07 AM

This is exactly what I have said in a couple topics and in my stream, exact same sentiment. Patch is excellent gameplay is fun and tactical, combined arms a must. Company of Heroes is back in a big way!

Germans are still slightly favored it is the truth. They may seem under-powered to many of you simply because you have an artificially inflated rank due to previous balance. Germans were so Imba last patch that it was down right laughable and many of you obtained many wins that you didn't earn and didn't deserve vs players much much better then you. So as a consequence of that your rank is much higher then it should be and your simply getting owned because now that the game has some semblance of balance you are completely out of your skill range and that makes it look like German infantry might be lacking or panther sucks or whateva but the truth is your simply being outplayed by people that are way above your skill range and you shouldnt be playing anyway.

Don't worry as you play more games you will continue to lose until you drop down to your true skill level and then you will see balance is very nice.

Also the New German commander is great fun and very powerful. I do not think he is OP though at all so people please don't start whining about it or the puma. Both are powerful especially if used well but are they OP no.s

What he said.
1 May 2014, 10:18 AM

COH2 feels like I can finally take credit for how the game turns out

Enough said
raw
1 May 2014, 10:37 AM

I dunno how you missed it but before this patch, pioneer and pgren blobs could indeed ignore cover and run across the field, get on top of soviet inf who stayed in cover but still got cut down by those vicious mp40s,mp44s.

Personally, I am loving this patch and am playing germans more than I ever did before because while they do have some great advantages over soviets, (and still are the stronger faction imo) they now have some downsides as well so winning with germans is a lot more satisfying this patch than in the last two patches and so is winning with soviets which is a sign that things are pretty well balanced now

edit:- shermans btw do seem a bit too good against both inf and armor and they accelerate really fast but ofc relic will probably only nerf them after the western front expansion comes out

germans have no downsides, besides housing a lot of terrible players. the game is far worse than before the patch, just like i predicted, because the rectifying of basic systems is slowly uncovering how retardedly bad the soviet faction has been slapped together by relic. i doubt that much of time pre-THQ-bancruptcy went into them, and they don't belong into a CoH game as is.

fortunately(?) we're getting the americans back, so maybe then we can finally start playing the game?
1 May 2014, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2014, 10:37 AMraw

germans have no downsides, besides housing a lot of terrible players. the game is far worse than before the patch, just like i predicted, because the rectifying of basic systems is slowly uncovering how retardedly bad the soviet faction has been slapped together by relic. i doubt that much of time pre-THQ-bancruptcy went into them, and they don't belong into a CoH game as is.

soviet fanboi much? playercard pls.

ikiaskedforhisplayercardimsuchabadperson
1 May 2014, 10:51 AM

I didn't manage until now to win with germans in 2v2 but just 2 times (and one time because one guy quit). From 10.

Before it was the opposite. Maybe it's just us (me and my partner), not knowing "how to" with germans this patch.
So see, I can't share your feeling about this patch. But again, maybe it's just us.

This maybe is because last patch you did win some games with germans cause they were op. Then you gained a rank which maybe is a bit high for your skill. You will probly start to win again when youre rank is in balance with youre skill. Just some patience and youll start winning again.

Edit: seems I was bit late with this. Could have said +1 to Northwest instead.
1 May 2014, 21:04 PM

The main observation I've made with latest patch:

Playing as Osth, I've had to change my opening build order to incorporate more MGs, particularly on certain maps that have integral cutoff points ( like spawning at North Langres, East Kholodny Summer, West Semois Summer ). On these maps without extensive MG supports, one can easily be cutoff by super-aggressive infantry play. Once on the backfoot, as long as Sov makes the right doctrinal choices and keep applying the pressure, it becomes very difficult to break out of your base. ( aka the good old Langres pin ! )

Conversely when playing as Sov, on maps with decent flanking routes, it is trivial to force retreats with some nice molotov / flamer micro.

So i guess to summarize, it would appear that since the latest patch, the maps themselves play a bigger role in balance now, and have a greater bearing on the required build / tech choices.
2 May 2014, 15:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I lost a game now because my tank crashed in the woods (tinner woods) and goes forward and backward, strangely, all wrong...

If you have a brick on the ground, or piece of wood ... The tank get problem, lol
2 May 2014, 15:22 PM

Patch is great, balance is good, mines are bugged
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment