russian armor

CoH2 Beta

PAGES (16)down
5 Feb 2013, 04:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

so whens the beta coming out?
5 Feb 2013, 04:11 AM
Benefactor 115

Beta will start when 10 million copies of Sonic all star racing transformed are sold.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212480/

5 Feb 2013, 06:24 AM

nope it would just kill the game before it ever really started. One of the stupidest ideas in the history of ever.

Go in the corner please

Maybe you're right. ;)

Which corner should I sit in?
5 Feb 2013, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2013, 04:04 AMSpanky
so whens the beta coming out?

Yes this is big Q, they 1month late atm. Guess all this THQ/Sega stuff mixed up things badly.
5 Feb 2013, 15:29 PM

"We were working hard towards a beta for mid-late January but with all the uncertainty that emerged in the first week of January about the THQ bankruptcy process, we put a hold on the beta date pending the results of the THQ sale. Note, it did not put a hold on our effort internally - we kept working on the game.

Any future beta needs to be arranged in conjunction with Sega. When they are ready, we'll be ready.

I can tell you that there have been hundreds of changes in the game since the Alpha Stress Test in both gameplay and in the UI, hundreds of bugs have been fixed, and performance is improving daily."

QDuffy on the official Forums - as re-posted by imperial Dane , Could not find the original post ..

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Quinn-Duffy-Beta-and-other-responses?page=1#post-215137

&

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Beta-and-other-questions?page=7#post-213885
5 Feb 2013, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2013, 07:02 AMRsvT

Yes this is big Q, they 1month late atm. Guess all this THQ/Sega stuff mixed up things badly.

only around 5 days late
5 Feb 2013, 17:11 PM

Maybe anotehr reason would be that THQ being in a dire need for cash announced the beta opening earlier in order to get the game going quicker , now however with Sega the need is obviously a lot smaller so they can take their time , anyway i am happy to wait since a good initial beta status of the game will be beneficial to the future of it . One more thing for any relic developer who may read my post , I think you should start publishing some content of the game , like a full unit list with some background on it , and make some official statements regarding the hot topics of discusssion , because there is a lot of paranoia which can only give rise to negative publicity .
5 Feb 2013, 18:25 PM

only around 5 days late

sure but 1 month + 5 days without any words
5 Feb 2013, 19:10 PM

That's pretty unfair. For one, I don't know many people who return to work on January 1st (more like the 4th) - let alone a company that whose parent was being pulled through so many legal uncertainties. If only we could go back and scrub the "January" statement from the record we might not have so many ill thought out posts from the entitled generation(s)

Just be patient. Would you rather rush the game and it be bad or have a little patience so they can theoretically make it as well as they can?
5 Feb 2013, 21:04 PM

The way to turn compstompers into competitive players is with shoutcasts. Shoutcasts make competitive matches look fun and exciting and interesting, and they provide helpful strategic tips to newer players that make them understand that they, too, can play to win and actually use strategy. Day9 is amazing at this in Starcraft II and things like Tales of Heroes were great at this in CoH.

I think this is the way to go. Some casters do noob shoutcasts every now and then. I think it's a good idea to shoutcast not only the best player but also average and noobish player so compstompers and campaign players can see that you don't have to be a pro player to actually win games and have fun regardless of the outcome.

More mentoring would probably also help.
6 Feb 2013, 02:14 AM

Maybe you're right. ;)

Which corner should I sit in?

Northwest corner

You can come out when you apologize for what you've done.
6 Feb 2013, 02:46 AM

The way to turn compstompers into competitive players is with shoutcasts. Shoutcasts make competitive matches look fun and exciting and interesting, and they provide helpful strategic tips to newer players that make them understand that they, too, can play to win and actually use strategy. Day9 is amazing at this in Starcraft II and things like Tales of Heroes were great at this in CoH.

What percentage of the SC2 player base are regularly playing 1v1?
6 Feb 2013, 06:45 AM

And, more importantly:
WHY, GOD, WHY?
6 Feb 2013, 07:03 AM
Benefactor 115

Don't really know but I believe it's safe to assume the majority of games on bnet 2.0 are custom games.
6 Feb 2013, 07:36 AM
Senior Caster Badge

A slightly better question would be "how many SC2 players would play 1v1 if the only other game modes were compstomp skirmish matches and team games." DotA and League of Legends are good comparisons - the people who play those, since they can only choose between comp stomps and actual serious competitive matches, tend to play a lot of competitive matches. If you also think about how the skill ceiling for CoH 2 is a lot lower (assuming it's like CoH), getting more people into 1v1s shouldn't be impossible.
6 Feb 2013, 08:00 AM

for LoL, you can also play "basic matches"... on top of that, most games played are non ranked.
7 Feb 2013, 15:59 PM

for LoL, you can also play "basic matches"... on top of that, most games played are non ranked.

Yes but they are very much like the ranked matches. People take them very serious. Still think it promotes competitive play.

W/o spectator mode, or Relic promoting lots of shoutcasts, getting n00bs into competitive scene will be hard.
7 Feb 2013, 19:02 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega grabs the game and says: Guys, this is great, but we can do more. Here's more money, push back the release date, make it awesome.

Then the CoH2.org community would go up in flames screaming "WHY!?" and Sega would please us saying: All CoH2 pre-orders will include exclusive access to the Rome 2 Beta, and an exclusive unit. Then we all go "Awwwwwwwww yeeeeh!"

And then Sega will go: "Playa wantz observer mode,replay toolz, modding tools? Playa get observer mode, replay toolz and modding tools."

And we all go like: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

...and then I woke up.
7 Feb 2013, 20:14 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega grabs the game and says: Guys, this is great, but we can do more. Here's more money, push back the release date, make it awesome.

Then the CoH2.org community would go up in flames screaming "WHY!?" and Sega would please us saying: All CoH2 pre-orders will include exclusive access to the Rome 2 Beta, and an exclusive unit. Then we all go "Awwwwwwwww yeeeeh!"

And then Sega will go: "Playa wantz observer mode,replay toolz, modding tools? Playa get observer mode, replay toolz and modding tools."

And we all go like: "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

...and then I woke up.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Aww shit, Inception.
8 Feb 2013, 05:36 AM

Question.. How long does it take to implement changes following an Alpha or Beta test. Seems to me if reverse engineer this, we can figure closer to a real date :). No?
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 76

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment