Login

russian armor

CoH2 Beta

PAGES (16)down
5 Apr 2013, 14:44 PM

If you preorder the game now, do you get beta access?

Apologies if it's against the NDA, but is the beta currently playable? It'd matter a lot in any decision whether to preorder or not.
5 Apr 2013, 15:02 PM
Donator 11

Kat
5 Apr 2013, 15:35 PM

If you preorder the game now, do you get beta access?

Apologies if it's against the NDA, but is the beta currently playable? It'd matter a lot in any decision whether to preorder or not.

Go get it :thumb:
5 Apr 2013, 17:49 PM

Well Crawler and I are working on something yes...

You should contact Quinn, seeing as he intends to implement an encyclopedia of some sorts directly into the game. I believe, his main issue, at the moment, is the work that'd require.
5 Apr 2013, 19:01 PM

Kat: So this means yes, if you preorder it right now you'd get access to the beta?
5 Apr 2013, 19:47 PM

Yes.
6 Apr 2013, 13:43 PM

Bought it, did indeed get the "Beta stress test" to play. Thanks to all.
6 Apr 2013, 18:09 PM

I know a lot of people really crave for Beta access, just to try the game out, but seriously, the beta is just that: a Beta.

If you've never played a Beta, you need to understand you'll get a very different experience now than when it launches. Sure, you'll get the basics off, but always keep in mind its a work in progress still. Don't expect lots of balance, Beta's first priority is hunting for bugs, you might not get many balance changes until release patches.

That being said, I am running a minimum requirements system, and I did get a considerable performance boost.
7 Apr 2013, 00:10 AM

Having fun so far, but would like to see changes to the blizzards in the game...
7 Apr 2013, 23:24 PM

With the NDA in effect can I still go about giving a public review of my experiences from playing the Beta so far with out showing images or video footage? I would love to be able to give a review and also see other peoples thoughts so far but don't want to faulter on the NDA.

Any feedback would be great. I know I could sit and type a small novel about the 7 Games I have played so far :)

Cheers Dingo
7 Apr 2013, 23:43 PM

With the NDA in effect can I still go about giving a public review of my experiences from playing the Beta so far with out showing images or video footage? I would love to be able to give a review and also see other peoples thoughts so far but don't want to faulter on the NDA.

Any feedback would be great. I know I could sit and type a small novel about the 7 Games I have played so far :)

Cheers Dingo

unfortunately no... you'd probably have to consult a lawyer and go through the NDA with him to determine exactly what's allowed and what not...
8 Apr 2013, 04:03 AM

I know a lot of people really crave for Beta access, just to try the game out, but seriously, the beta is just that: a Beta.

If you've never played a Beta, you need to understand you'll get a very different experience now than when it launches. Sure, you'll get the basics off, but always keep in mind its a work in progress still. Don't expect lots of balance, Beta's first priority is hunting for bugs, you might not get many balance changes until release patches.

+1

Unfortunately people are apparently brain damaged and don't understand the concept of a beta.

I'm just hoping Relic listens to the suggestions & critique over on the SEGA forums and starts pushing out patches every few days just to try shit out. I'm also hoping that Steam makes this process thousands of times easier and they can really press out a super-refined game when all is said and done. A thorough collaboration between the devs and the community would be incredibly sweet.
8 Apr 2013, 04:45 AM

Will the beta last until coh2 gets released?
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS