Login

russian armor

Relic: are tanks supposed to solo AT guns?

27 Apr 2014, 15:59 PM

Well don't forget about the artillery capabilties of the ZiS which makes it more than a simple AT weapon.
27 Apr 2014, 16:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Well the Zis is a field-gun so it serves two types of usage which is not that bad, but this thing kills every german vehicle like a fly
27 Apr 2014, 16:40 PM

The main issue I have with AT guns (since forever) is the high pop intake. They should take far less pop- I've thinking 6 is more fair.

+1 This would be the only change I would make.
Neo
28 Apr 2014, 00:08 AM

I think the issue in this patch is survivability. Lethality is in a good place, they just need to survive tank and tank MG fire for a bit longer, that's all.
28 Apr 2014, 01:30 AM
Donator 11

So many problems have been created for coh2 by the decision to increase supportweapon crews.. now they cant make the models durable since they have such a large crew.. but instead the loader dies to like every shot making AT guns never fire.

This is the same problem with MG's.. 3 man MG crews would make it possible to actually have MG's kill something without making them spammable like they was in vcoh.
28 Apr 2014, 04:22 AM

It really depends on the type of tank IMO. Heavy anti inf or multi role tanks (KV2, ISU, Tiger, IS2, Brumbar) should rape a solo AT gun. They should take some damage, but still win pretty easily. Dedicated AT tanks should do pretty terrible vs AT guns (SU85, Elefant, Stug, etc). Medium tanks like T34 Ostwind or Sherman should win sometimes but unreliably. So with the exception of the Stug (I haven't seen it beast AT guns but I'll take your word for it) I think its fine in the current state.

Really heavy tanks should take combined arms to kill. Even though AT gun is the right type of unit for the job, it doesn't mean one should be sufficient. Snipers are designed specifically to counter infantry units, that doesn't mean one sniper should single handedly repel lots of infantry.
28 Apr 2014, 04:54 AM

stug is not a dedicated AT tank anymore. it's more of a glass cannon dps machine.
28 Apr 2014, 07:47 AM

AT guns should die to concentrated Panzer Fire. On both sides.Its really low tier and only manpower demanding. Meaning if two or three panzers are firing on it they should die fast unless supported. I think now AT guns are perfect. A T2 unit shouldnt be the solution to all high tier armor.
28 Apr 2014, 08:10 AM

Ive had StuG's take out several ZiS AT-Guns by just attacking it head on, shoulda saved replays to show you guys but they are bat shit crazeeh.

+1
1 May 2014, 01:17 AM

Permanently Banned
The problem is that strange things happen while no tank stand going over a fence without breaking the engine, turn the artillery, with no one in it, it takes 2 shots and bursts, but it is 1 soldier it takes 10 shots and did not explode , things like that. And in general the tanks are very weak armor, and have all this trouble to live breaking engine.

COH2 Tanks: passes a puddle and almost jamming.
1 May 2014, 06:35 AM

Yeah stugs totally obliterate at guns for some reason, 3 shots and it's down I think. Other than that I find them balanced.
1 May 2014, 06:50 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 20:04 PMNeo
I've seen numerous instances now of Tigers, IS2s and even Stug Gs being able to take out AT guns while parked directly in front of them.

Is this intended?

Yes, of course.

Dev team went to moscow, get pretty drunk, visit the war museum and found out the truth: Tanks were designed to kill anti tank guns in the first place.

They had this idea the same day:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS