Login

russian armor

Patch notes - April 24 Update - Balance Notes

23 Apr 2014, 18:55 PM

I suspect the Stug is probably gonna be high explosive? Then it gets no Pen drop off at range?
23 Apr 2014, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is probably the missing piece of the pie to truely understand the changes

Vehicle Penetration
Vehicle penetration is now based on distance to target. High velocity weapons have a lower drop off than low velocity. High explosive weapons do not drop off over distance.

and

AOE Profiles
Very similar to the changes made to grenade AOE profiles. Long and mid-range AOE no longer has a chance to miss its target, the weapon profile damage has been averaged out to compensate. Slight adjustments to AOE radius or distance values were made on a number of vehicles to better align them with their intended performance.

So not sure what weapon profiles the armor has because evidently that makes a diff.

I agree though adding armor to the T34/76 and it still gets pen by just about everything frontally at their optimal ranges. But maybe better at the longest ranges and against different weapons.

This. Till i play with the patch i abstain on mentioning the possible effect of the other changes.

Changing a bit the subject: no one said anything regarding the Howitzers ?

I hate the mechanic of you are fucked without an offmap because it´s sitting inside the enemy base and recon + offmap equal easy goodbye howitzer. The thing that many german doctrines have either cheap (light arty) or abundant offmaps in several good commanders is something a bit annoying.

With this changes, how would it play having artillery with less range but being cheaper?
23 Apr 2014, 18:56 PM
Patrion 27

And as if an IS-2 and ISU-152 shooting every 10 seconds wasn´t ridiculous enough, their reload times goes down even further!

Sensationalism.

IS2:

Damage from 240 to 160
Distance scatter max from 2.86 to 5.7

ISU-152:

Reload from 10 to 9-11

23 Apr 2014, 18:59 PM

So su-76m is still crap? I have no idea how it can be even less durable, but i need to see how much pen it gains to make a final judgement.
23 Apr 2014, 19:00 PM

Sensationalism.

IS2:

Damage from 240 to 160
Distance scatter max from 2.86 to 5.7

ISU-152:

Reload from 10 to 9-11

The IS-2 should be about high alpha damage and slow reload times. With only 160 damage and shorter reload it´s yet another Tiger with Soviet stickers on it.
23 Apr 2014, 19:09 PM

I like the new pen to distance. that was much needed, same with reducing rear armor on most tanks(tiger and is2 mainly).

Really think that combat engies need to be 140 mp and cons need to be 200, as neither has received health/armor, they are still gonna get slaughtered. It would also help with the feel that Sovs are supposed to be a spam army. Still think Penals and Cons should change names.

Gonna have to play it to see how it is really. Still don't think I will be playing Sovs that much, they still seem that they will be cheesy gimmick partisan army, instead of a traditional Red Army.

I don't think that the Panther has really been nerfed as bad as the Soviet fanboys are saying here. It got 240 pen lol. Less manpower and more fuel doesn't mean much, as Germans usually have more fuel than manpower in late game. The health nerf doesn't mean much when it can pen pretty much all the time and do the same damage as before, lol, how can anything afford to get near it without taking too much damage?

I guess we will have to wait and see.
23 Apr 2014, 19:13 PM
Patrion 14

UNCORROBORATED SPECULATION TIME! Few things strike me as odd:

Ostwind was good enough before the patch to warrant choosing it instead of another PzIV quite often. Now it's cheaper. A bit worried there, but I suppose it's part of the new meta where Soviet has better medium armour on the field.

Su76 seems to be much more expensive for rather slight changes. Did you ever go "OHSHIII HE'S GOT ANOTHER SU76 I'M SCREWED MAN I WISH THIS THING COST MORE"? Me neither. Maybe the AoE profiles are in fact that good against infantry now.

Still not sure on late game viability of Soviet t3 without callins, but overall armour changes are just too extensive to judge without playing.

Panthers might still reign supreme in team games. Increased fuel costs will definitely limit its 1v1 availability, but in team games, what with trololopel blitz and fuel caches, the reduced MP cost might actually make them MORE spammable. And they will be better versus infantry (if you sink 175 fuel into a unit you will have no problems shelling out the 50 ammo for the mg42)

Oh and artillery changes just make me raise my eyebrow. Howitzers were annoying at times but they cost a lot of MP and are too easily destroyed with certain doctrines, and too difficult to destroy with others. We will be seeing even less of those, I fear.

HOWEVER

previously, vehicles incorrectly used deceleration to define the rate at which they accelerated, resulting in near instant max speed.
This small "change" is INSANELY important, deceleration is ALWAYS much higher than accel. Tanks should be considerably more sluggish.
23 Apr 2014, 19:14 PM

Su-76M and t34/76 pen are both 100.....................

UHM...

That new profile better mean that the su-76 has better accuracy and pen at range than the t34. It carries a ZiS-3 gun.... i'll have to test this out.
23 Apr 2014, 19:16 PM

Some tank changes are strange, almost all vehicles and tanks lost some HP and damage and increase in armor and penetration.

Yea, some HP changes are weird. I can understand 800hp for KV tanks, but 720? The hell did that number came from?

I dont understand why IS-2 got it's damage reduced since it's reload is still very high.

Faster ROF with lower damage equals to less AoE damage and less one shot squad wipes.

Why T34-76 got reload increase, it's useless by now, and T34-85 haven't changed.

I really have bad feeling about this new patch

Penetration got increased, damage got increased so overall DPS stays the same, but AT effectiveness was rised slightly.

34/85 still got penetration buffs.

I want to play the patch already, but I got this feeling that KV-1 will still be underperforming.
23 Apr 2014, 19:24 PM

Only been playing CoH2 for coming on two weeks but I think the patch looks like a step in the right direction.

The amount of whiners amazes me in this community. Before we even see these changes ingame people are complaining about everything. Something changed by .01? Dear God, it's going to be OP. Let's all boycott the game now since we hate Relic for ruining our streak while using our easy button.

I could understand if these were people that played thousands of games at high level play because you get it drilled into you.

The patch is huge but it looks like they haven't slaughtered any units and anything that was significantly changed was something that any unbiased player would have hoped for. We just won't know the full extent till tomorrow.
23 Apr 2014, 19:28 PM
Patrion 27

Only been playing CoH2 for coming on two weeks but I think the patch looks like a step in the right direction.

The amount of whiners amazes me in this community. Before we even see these changes ingame people are complaining about everything. Something changed by .01? Dear God, it's going to be OP. Let's all boycott the game now since we hate Relic for ruining our streak while using our easy button.

I could understand if these were people that played thousands of games at high level play because you get it drilled into you.

The patch is huge but it looks like they haven't slaughtered any units and anything that was significantly changed was something that any unbiased player would have hoped for. We just won't know the full extent till tomorrow.

I play a lot of Magic: the Gathering and the fanbase is equally if not more insane. This is a paradox of having "intelligent" players. We are highly critical and have attention to the smallest details but it's rarely tempered by a sense of self-control or tact due to "teh internetz."
23 Apr 2014, 19:29 PM

I suspect the Stug is probably gonna be high explosive? Then it gets no Pen drop off at range?

Not likely. From the description it would appear that the stug is now a assault gun, rather then a tank destroyer. Considering it has a high velocity gun, it will probably have the high velocity profile.

HE profiles I think are going to be stuff like the sturmpanzer 4, rockets, SU76/ZIS barrages and maybe the ISU152.

Edit: just read this on the official forums from PQ:
"None of the vehicles use explosive weapons. Artillery, some abilities, and future units will use explosive type shells."
23 Apr 2014, 19:36 PM

Not likely. From the description it would appear that the stug is now a assault gun, rather then a tank destroyer. Considering it has a high velocity gun, it will probably have the high velocity profile.

HE profiles I think are going to be stuff like the sturmpanzer 4, rockets, SU76/ZIS barrages and maybe the ISU152.

Edit: just read this on the official forums from PQ:
"None of the vehicles use explosive weapons. Artillery, some abilities, and future units will use explosive type shells."

I dont think alot of the people that are worried or arent worried have taken into account how much this could impact things.

If the drop off say for the P4 is rather sharp then the increase to the T34 armor may be really strong for example.
23 Apr 2014, 19:49 PM

each german armour got p;enetration buff, even Pak40, so armor increase on T34/76 doesnt mean much, penetration and damage increase might change the thing but 2 sec reload increase is too much for this tank

Panzer IV still has 110 penetration, Stug penetration was nerfed to 120, while T34/76 armor got buffed to 150, the T34 will be good vs mid tier vehcile:

Before patch:
PIV vs T34/76 = 95% chance to pen
Stug vs T34/76 = 100% chance to pen

After patch:
PIV vs T34/76 = 73% chance to pen
Stug vs T34/76 = 80% chance to pen

The T34/76 wasnt buffed much vs heavy tanks but will be better vs T3.
23 Apr 2014, 19:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

[quote post="146273How come Pak43 got hold-fire but Pak 40 and Zis didn't?

Possibly they have only given it to the top AT units because they want to see how it goes:

Elephant, SU-85 and Pak 43
23 Apr 2014, 19:50 PM

I dont think alot of the people that are worried or arent worried have taken into account how much this could impact things.

If the drop off say for the P4 is rather sharp then the increase to the T34 armor may be really strong for example.

Well the regular P4 has a high velocity gun, the T34/76 has a low velocity gun. I'm guessing the weapon profiles will in nearly all cases be what they were in real life. I think the new T34/76 armor might now actually bounce some P4 shots, but only from long range. The other way around, the T34/76, whilst having higher pen, also has a low velocity gun. Making it still bounce a lot from long range, but making it more lethal up close.
23 Apr 2014, 19:56 PM

Aerohank the dream killer....

You sir are probably right. Soviet armor must hug German armor can snipe freely or hug.

I hope there is SOME drawback to having guns in different profiles. Not that one is just better with no downside.
23 Apr 2014, 20:02 PM

Panzer IV still has 110 penetration, Stug penetration was nerfed to 120, while T34/76 armor got buffed to 150, the T34 will be good vs mid tier vehcile:

Before patch:
PIV vs T34/76 = 95% chance to pen
Stug vs T34/76 = 100% chance to pen

After patch:
PIV vs T34/76 = 73% chance to pen
Stug vs T34/76 = 80% chance to pen

The T34/76 wasnt buffed much vs heavy tanks but will be better vs T3.

Well, 34/76 have 55% to penetrate tiger rear.
I find that a buff as opposed to the previous 32%.
23 Apr 2014, 20:15 PM
Donator 33

people say that KV-1 didint get its gun changed much, but doesnt KV-1 and T34/76 use the same stat for its main gun?
23 Apr 2014, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 20:15 PMATCF
people say that KV-1 didint get its gun changed much, but doesnt KV-1 and T34/76 use the same stat for its main gun?

They do, but since KV-1 got health nerf as well and P4 got armor buff we might actually see KV-1 being even worse then it used to be.

And 25% less scatter on the move won't make it that much more noticeably better on the move then T34.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★