Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 23:24 PMsteel
You got a chainsaw license!? :o

Why get one though? ;) Experience?

We need wood for our fireplace at home ^^
13 Jan 2015, 23:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And there was I, thinking your moniker referred to a moped, which was some sort of a Trabant equivalent in the biker world. :new: My deep apologies :blush:
14 Jan 2015, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 23:24 PMsteel
You got a chainsaw license!? :o

Why get one though? ;) Experience?

Sawing your own firewood is much cheaper than buying it for example. If you are sawing with a chainsaw in the german national forest or on public ground you have to have a licence in dealing with a chainsaw. Main reason for the implementation of this licence is the standardized education but especially there are insurance reasons. There are different chainsaw licenses you can get in Germany from private purposes to chainsw licenses you need in the fire and rescue services.
14 Jan 2015, 13:52 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

And there was I, thinking your moniker referred to a moped, which was some sort of a Trabant equivalent in the biker world. :new: My deep apologies :blush:

Moped orginally refers to a scooter ^^
15 Jan 2015, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 00:00 AMCasTroy

Sawing your own firewood is much cheaper than buying it for example. If you are sawing with a chainsaw in the german national forest or on public ground you have to have a licence in dealing with a chainsaw. Main reason for the implementation of this licence is the standardized education but especially there are insurance reasons. There are different chainsaw licenses you can get in Germany from private purposes to chainsw licenses you need in the fire and rescue services.
Hmm, I guess it's too encourage people to get their own firewood?

Different chainsaw licenses eh? Sounds unique when you usually hear about only one type.

We need wood for our fireplace at home ^^
The only possible reason your friend give you that nickname is you're the master of chainsaw in your circle.:p

-Has chainsaw license
-Master practitioner of the chainsaw arts
-Owns a fireplace
-Owns Logitech G230

FichtenMoped confirmed to be a rich man.:D

I thought of exactly the same thing. :blush:

Moped orginally refers to a scooter ^^
I thought you were a scooter owner the first time I saw your name.
25 Jan 2015, 15:46 PM

I'm a fan of Resident Evil so the "RE" in my name stands for Resident Evil, and the 1911 is because of the Colt 1911 pistol(Probably the only thing the Americans invented that I like).
25 Jan 2015, 23:43 PM

Mine is a old flying nickname.
30 Jan 2015, 14:07 PM

I had a big infatuation with space and spacefarers and my personal idol and hero were Gagarin. I used it in some different games but one time i was going to sign up to something and the name was taken.

Allegedly, when Gagarin reentered the atmosphere and landed on earth he landed in a field where and a farmer and his daughter was working. They became terrified of the man in the orange space suit walking towards them he said something in the lines of "Don't worry, i am a soviet citizen like you, i just came from the sky and i need to find a telephone to call Moscow."

As i sat and thought about a new nick a song by my favorite band called "Truckfighters" came on. The name of the song was "Guy From The Sky" and it was so fitting. It has stuck ever since.
30 Jan 2015, 14:32 PM

I am the Spearhead of Evolution!

:snfCHVGame:
31 Jan 2015, 01:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 19:34 PMMetalon
Metal - ON. I came up with it 10 years ago when i went through a Metal-period in my teenage years.
Same here :) Started with "Metal" when I was teenager. After the period and when the Nickname was a bit toooo common, it became XMetal.
31 Jan 2015, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 01:49 AMXMetal
Same here :) Started with "Metal" when I was teenager. After the period and when the Nickname was a bit toooo common, it became XMetal.

Yay! Good to see im not the only one with lack of creativity :D
1 Feb 2015, 03:58 AM
Patrion 310

See my Avatar :) Master of Puppets is my favorite Metallica Album / Song and they are my favorite band.
23 Oct 2015, 11:26 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Mithiriath is mix of Mithrandir (mith « grey » and rhandir « pilgrim » in language of Sindarin Elves) an alias of Gandalf (you know the wizard who said « You shall not pass » in the first The Lord of the Rings movie) and Minas Tirith (name of the capital of Gondor, the city with the white tree).

Yes, I like J.R.R. Tolkien's books. ^^
23 Oct 2015, 12:01 PM

Not actually in relation to the genius in the chair!

Had just started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic at launch with a mate, and he was heckling me to hurry up and name my dude. I had just finished playing Dragon Age 2 the day before, so I tried 'Hawke', which was obviously taken. So I sat there in contemplation for 5 seconds before deciding that 'Hawking' sounded cool. Been using it ever since on everything.

Went by LaKream before that, after an old Counter Strike clan mate called me "La Cream of Le Crop" in a match we played.

Also I too am related to Prussian nobility, even had a Field Marshall in the family, way back when Clausewitz was around. Not too many Prussian noble houses of note, so, I'm sure you can Googlefu it rather than having me put my name on the internet and get murdered.
23 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM

Named after bad ass movie with Samuel L. Jackson in it.
23 Oct 2015, 23:29 PM

My name is Kamzil118, I got this name from a book called Blood Red Horse. The character's name was Kamil, but I mutillated the name to some degree.

As for the 118, it came from my older Xbox account called Scientist 118.
27 Oct 2015, 22:43 PM

I used to use a crappy manipulation of my name and a bruiser-like term but it was crap and immature, not rude but rubbish.

I changed it when I got Steam to O'Koras after a Tau commander I made up in 40k campaign book I wrote. This stuck for a while but it became a little tricky to maintain and people to say, so I used the English translation (I like to believe anyway) of Swiftsabre. I shorten this to Swift sometimes as most people call me Swift, but I go by both.

Except Sabre. Do not call me Sabre.
28 Oct 2015, 03:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 22:43 PMSwift
I used to use a crappy manipulation of my name and a bruiser-like term but it was crap and immature, not rude but rubbish.

I changed it when I got Steam to O'Koras after a Tau commander I made up in 40k campaign book I wrote. This stuck for a while but it became a little tricky to maintain and people to say, so I used the English translation (I like to believe anyway) of Swiftsabre. I shorten this to Swift sometimes as most people call me Swift, but I go by both.

Except Sabre. Do not call me Sabre.

and i was reading through this thread and stunned that my explanation of my name was not on here. so i will express my feelings of how i got my name the only way i know how... gifs! ofc when i made it orginally no one knew what the fuck Wi-Fi even was... *Wi-Fi goes out*

AND WERE BACK, so as i was saying people have called weefeedee to everything in between and when i said wifi people were like what is that? I even contemplated changing but met with protest so i think it stuck and it was unique far more unique than my very first alias Foot3000 the good news is people have finnaly started to get the name the last few years :P *Wi-Fi cuts out*

basically if i am ever in the news the headline will look something like this. B-)

which brings to meaning of my name Wi-Fi Die im going to let you figure the rest out ;)

de-stress time! :thumbsup:

28 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 03:12 AMWiFiDi
Blah blah blah

For a while (because I'm too stupid to read) I thought your name was WiFiDiFi so I nicknamed you that on Steam (even though by then I had started reading properly. So to me you have an extra Fi on the end.
A_E
1 Nov 2015, 18:31 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I foolishly used to use my real name on all my online accounts, so had to delete them all, taking the name Account_Deleter. I then ragequit the biggest community I was part of at the time, and when I came back I called myself Account_Eliminator. And now I'm stuck with a shitty online identiy name so I abbreviate it instead, true story...........
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS