Login

russian armor

Explanation of username

PAGES (9)down
31 Jan 2013, 20:06 PM

Sometimes I wonder what the hell would be the origin of some nicknames! Most are kinda obviously, but some I would really like to know!

So ! Go !
31 Jan 2013, 20:20 PM

I'll post:

My username is S-J-Ceran which is pronounced sir-an as in seran wrap. So SJ is fine too. Where did it originate? Well, my dad used Jay Ceran as a pen name, and then we had a family account that used the username jceran. So I added an S to it since my first name starts with S for my email account (this was late 90's btw.)So I used sjceran for my username and it has stuck ever since.
31 Jan 2013, 21:04 PM

My origional nick is kornkaster because of korn being my favorite band at the time i stated playing diablo 1 and i played as a scorceress (a caster) and in South Africa there is saying "gooi mielies" (throw corn). Decided to change my nick when korn lost thier guitarist and drummer and started making crappy music :P

Sanpravus is a tribute to an old friend of mine i started playing world of warcraft with.
31 Jan 2013, 21:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I'm TitiTwister.

I twist titties.

PS: I was creating a smurf account when I came up with it. From Dusk Till Dawn was on TV and I really liked the name of the bar :P
31 Jan 2013, 22:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

My childhood nickname was Bud.
ntd
31 Jan 2013, 22:12 PM
Admin Black Badge

Mine is simply 3 random letters i picked when I was playing counterstrike beta way back in the day.
31 Jan 2013, 22:33 PM

My first online nickname ever - Medal of Honor : Allied Assault - was DaFRaaaG' because I like W40k Orks and da' and frag are things Orks say. And FR was for France.

My first COH nickname was DaFraaaG.

One day, I wanted to get a cool account name to keep and I was doing a paper on PepsiCo in the USA for Uni.
So I picked the name InPepsiColaWeTrust (Pepsi + US motto).
Then Pepsi when I got some skills.
31 Jan 2013, 22:50 PM

In my Quake 2/3 days my nick was Seb. Then, when I started playing games which had to have unique nicknames, OGame in this particular case, my nick was of course taken and I had to come up with a new one, unique enough to rarely be occupied. Since OGame is a space colonization game, it had to be something spacy and I was inspired by quasars, "the most luminous, powerful, and energetic objects known in the universe".

Then when I created my CoH account, my usual nick, Seb, was already taken again and I just used my new "fallback" nick. :P
31 Jan 2013, 22:54 PM

I actually got banned for my nickname ( 88 = HH ) but it stands for my favorite unit in CoH (Flak 88 ofc ).

Banned on GR to be more specific and cannot create accounts in 70% of games (recently path of exile, crysis 3, generals and heroes).

Whyyyyy :(
31 Jan 2013, 23:30 PM

Nouvion features as the name of the French town in which the BBC TV series 'Allo 'Allo! is set.
Just removed the o in the beggining. It was 11 years ago :D
31 Jan 2013, 23:44 PM

I learned about Symbiosis in biology classes quite a few years back at high school and I realised it is actually quite an amazing word and I found it to be quite fascinating how 2 different organic 'creatures' could stick together and both benefit :D And CoH and me are ofc a natural symbiosis MVGame.

I also use the name Rocktimbo a lot. My name is Tim, I play guitar, and my friends sometimes called me timbo. And when I once needed a username and tim@bla was already taken, then rocktimbo just came to my mind :) The funny thing is that on no site ever the name rocktimbo had already been taken, so I'm the only Tim who calls himself rocktimbo I guess :D
31 Jan 2013, 23:47 PM

My nick Sturmovik is from Soviet IL-2 Sturmovik ground attack aircraft . Its a damn flying tank !
one of the best planes during the World War 2 . The turn "Sturmovik" also can be used to Soviet "storm troopers"
who rush into the battle first and smash things :) So I been using it for ages and really like it :)

31 Jan 2013, 23:57 PM

I once borrowed a 40k book from a mate. It was the 3rd ed. 2nd book Chaos Space Marines codex for all the nerds out there. The name Periclitor was used, and I just refined it from there.

Sounds cool, can be shortened to Purli and is difficult enough to intimidate the riff-raff. I like it : D
1 Feb 2013, 00:53 AM

MVGame you all know why i use this name :P
1 Feb 2013, 01:07 AM

I watched The Pacific a few months before the COHO experiment and I noticed one of the avatar face+hair combinations looked just like John Seda (the actor for John Basilone) so I named my infantry commander Basilone and stuck with that name when I moved back to vcoh. :P
1 Feb 2013, 01:34 AM

I made my name back during call of duty 1 where in the first mission you play as a pathfinder (airbourne units that would drop before the main paratroopers to set up homing beacons for the other planes) and I thought it was really cool so I picked that. Most games "pathfinder" is taken so i just add the random suffix "gold" for no reason.
1 Feb 2013, 02:02 AM

"I like trains" from asdf movie^^

initial nick was ILikeTrainz that finally turned into Trainzz :p
1 Feb 2013, 02:08 AM
Donator 22

My father was a combat veteran and mortarman in the 194th Glider Infantry Regiment of the 17th Airborne and fought through the Bulge and Operation Varsity all the way to the Elbe river at the end of the war. I chose the name Mortar years ago when gaming as a remembrance to him and kept it ever since.

Yes, I am that old. :)
1 Feb 2013, 02:34 AM

My real name is Stephen.

My gaming name is StephennJF, where JF is the initials of my middle name and surname name. Extra n is because im a hipster MVGame
1 Feb 2013, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2013, 23:30 PMNuVioN
Nouvion features as the name of the French town in which the BBC TV series 'Allo 'Allo! is set.
Just removed the o in the beggining. It was 11 years ago :D

I just rewatched the whole series not so long ago! Awesome stuff!
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 7
unknown 4
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W