Login

russian armor

Patch added so much tactical depth... really? Not ironic

19 Apr 2014, 01:40 AM

They reworked the game to support more lethal infantry engagements, You have to be a lot more careful how you position your men where in the past you could just say... hoorah all over the place, or A move grens with lmg's terminator style. It was really really dull. Let the game sit, let them apply more balance to the changes (they weren't necessarily small changes), and see how it plays out over time.

19 Apr 2014, 06:18 AM

Coh2 is finally becoming a great game. Relic has made great progress making the game more deep and interesting.

more deep ? what's more deep ???
more tactical, yes, more deep, no.

As long as no global upgrades are proposed, and fuel can only be spend on tanks, this game will never be more deep.
And some buildings/units/abilities tied to commander only. sov bunker, sandbags, tank traps, FHQ and many others.
Phy
19 Apr 2014, 09:41 AM

Too much complain about radio intercept gave us a patch where this hability is nearly useless because in everymatch you know the building order of your oponent.
19 Apr 2014, 09:42 AM
Patrion 310

I would like to speculate on the coming patch... When does it arrive? Its getting boring waiting for it :).
Neo
19 Apr 2014, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 09:41 AMPhy
Too much complain about radio intercept gave us a patch where this hability is nearly useless because in everymatch you know the building order of your oponent.

"We have built a Grenadier squad." X 10
19 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM

Prior to the patch, I think the BO and tactics were more stale especially with the Soviets. Most were just Conscript starts. Since the patch, I've seen a lot more variety with them. These include T1 and T2 starts along with a sprinkling of Cons.

I also see some variety in German starts but not as much, people tend to play it safer here although I have seen the German snipers more often. Considering we are getting Pio starts, AG starts, and Gren starts, isn't that varied? There really aren't many other options a Deutsch player has, no? We don't *want* HMG starts right? Plus regardless if the aforementioned starts, I see at least one HMG used and sometimes Mortars. Again isn't this varied?

My observations are for 1v1 and 2v2 and based not just on my experiences but in watching mTw streams, Dane, jesulin, Sage, JaminROCK, etc.

There is no question in my mind the game is more tactical now. People who don't use them get punished, as they should.

Still room for improvement but this patch seemed a big step forward. In addition all recent interviews with Relic have them stating the game will continue to be heavily supported, both Eastern Front and Western Armies. Their support to date is superior to their effort in vCoH.

+1

Tough, comebacks are so comon, just waiting in the base for that call in unit, and push the enemy back.
19 Apr 2014, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 10:09 AMNeo

I'm kinda sick and tired of guys like you.
I'm a german player (not fanboy), and I start with gren, pio, mg, mortar, fast 221, ...

There need to be a bit more balance, but your argument is invalid and pretty dumb.
Yes balance, but stop the whine.
19 Apr 2014, 11:54 AM

I'm a german player (not fanboy), and I start with gren, pio, mg, mortar, fast 221, ...

There need to be a bit more balance, but your argument is invalid and pretty dumb.

I also like to use combined arms, but lets face the truth, germans currently only use combined arms if they want to, they don't need to with how the grens currently are.
Neo
19 Apr 2014, 12:01 PM

You know what they say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I am neither German nor Soviet player. When I play German I like to mix things up too but you have to confront a simple truth that you would know if you played Soviets this patch:

90% of people you play against build at least 4 Grens and most build 5. So while you may be a noble exception, most people are abusing the fuck out of Gren spam and Pio spam and that's what anyone playing Soviets has to face.
19 Apr 2014, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 12:01 PMNeo

You know what they say, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I am neither German nor Soviet player. When I play German I like to mix things up too but you have to confront a simple truth that you would know if you played Soviets this patch:

90% of people you play against build at least 4 Grens and most build 5. So while you may be a noble exception, most people are abusing the fuck out of Gren spam and Pio spam and that's what anyone playing Soviets has to face.

I understand and agree, it gets abused indeed.
19 Apr 2014, 16:59 PM

Coh2 is finally becoming a great game. Relic has made great progress making the game more deep and interesting. T

For a long time,i had harsh words for Coh2, but the devs did theirs jobs. Now instead of rubbish we have a gem in our hands.

Thank you Relic.

Now my friends and i have return to the auto-match. See you on the field.

I agree, I didn't think coh2 would actually improve but they have definitely been listening to the community. Most of the super cheese is gone and now its more about finding the ever elusive subtle balance.
Phy
19 Apr 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2014, 10:09 AMNeo

Sadly true. I play most soviet -germans i feel a bit boring- and for me the tought part is not being in huge disadvantadge this patch -wich really sometimes pisses me off- is just face the same boring strategy. No surprises. Oh yeah, sorry sometimes green have g43.
19 Apr 2014, 23:49 PM

Hold on guys, this game's ballance will rock in the next few months. Even this patch is a great step towards a more deeper, tactical RTS, once ballanced and pollished it will be fun, atm they just screwed up the ballance.
20 Apr 2014, 08:39 AM

Hold on guys, this game's ballance will rock in the next few months. Even this patch is a great step towards a more deeper, tactical RTS, once ballanced and pollished it will be fun, atm they just screwed up the ballance.

Balanced until Western Fronts hits, probably many months of balance hell waiting for us to enjoy after that.
20 Apr 2014, 08:43 AM

I'll repeat myself, but, what's more deep in this patch ???
more tactical, I totally agree,
but what's more deep ?
20 Apr 2014, 09:56 AM

I'll repeat myself, but, what's more deep in this patch ???
more tactical, I totally agree,
but what's more deep ?
My depression :(
20 Apr 2014, 10:04 AM

My depression :(

here you go sir

20 Apr 2014, 12:10 PM

It pisses me off how they made the Germans so overpowered and easy to play. I had about 4000 matches as Wehrmacht in coh 1.

I was proud of the fact you could not spam bs and win. You had too have combined arms, skill and knowledge of the game to survive the early game. Mid game was even and then you could roll in with tanks and make the allies pay with a superior end game. You had to choose your doctorine wisely and react to you opponent.

Now I can't even bring myself to play the ost because they gave them too many easy modes. You didn't have to be ashamed to tell people you were a german player. You just had instant respect because it was a faction men played.

All the kiddies played para, rifleman and ranger spam blobs.
20 Apr 2014, 12:26 PM

Idk about this. Snowballs aren't fun at all. On both sides.

Its no fun when a faction or map imbalance can cause a minor win in the early game to turn in to total fuck fest (PE on Angoville and WM on Wrecked Train are best examples). But outplaying your opponent all the way in to the late game should be more rewarding. The main reasons it isn't is bullshit RNG (tank eng destroy on first faust or at nade), popcap for some units far too high resulting in abysmal manpower income with very few units relative to CoH1, the popcap system in general, and squad one shot wipe potential (the worst offenders are IS2 and mines for both factions).

All the kiddies played para, rifleman and ranger spam blobs.

Actually all the kiddies played sniper blobs, the ones you mentioned are just a lazy half assed ways of trashing a much inferior opponent.
20 Apr 2014, 12:57 PM

I just hate i have to engage grens with 2x conscripts to win even tho they cost the same mp. Moving close to the enemy units as soviets is also hard because you loose half your squad to get close.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★