3%
26%
9%
62%
Total votes: 90
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Apr 2014, 01:19 AM
Donator 11

I know tanks will be looked at in the near future and the changes will probably fix (I hope) the issue where as of right now, t3 and t4 tanks, especially in 1v1s, are not really used. All we see is call-in units.

I would personally like to see the ISU, IS-2, Tiger and Tiger Ace to be sort of like a "Hero" unit. 1 per team, 1 per game. If it dies, it's gone. It would create some WOW moments, especially at the end of games.

I can understand that this is a pretty drastic change so I'm also offering the possibility in the poll to be able to call back the unit only once it's been killed, so basically having a limit of 1 of those units per team on the field at a giving time.

Another option would be to make them a lot slower and maybe making their side/rear armor weaker so we would have to keep them behind the front lines as a support unit. This would give reasons for medium tanks to exist in the meta with their mobility and flanking capabilities.

Thoughts/Opinions ?
6 Apr 2014, 01:30 AM

One supertank per game per person would only be feasible if ram were removed. As an either/or ability, a successful ram almost guarantees the lost of the rammed tank. That wouldn't necessarily be fun to watch or entertaining. In CoH1 an equivalent ability only existed in PE's ATHT, and that didn't disable the main turret. A Pershing is only 800 MP and can be respawned.

In the same vein, one supertank active on the field at any given time could possibly work. It is very tiring to see multiple Tigers on the field. One is hard enough, two takes forever to kill.
6 Apr 2014, 01:43 AM

No heavy tanks are fine its the way vehicles are implemented in the game which makes it bad.
6 Apr 2014, 02:15 AM

man, what are you smoking,your rules would probably be good for a balanced 1v1 but not for 4v4 , people play 4v4,3v3 for fun, you want to take away fun from the game?
6 Apr 2014, 03:12 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2014, 02:15 AMatwar
man, what are you smoking,your rules would probably be good for a balanced 1v1 but not for 4v4 , people play 4v4,3v3 for fun, you want to take away fun from the game?

not really. I play a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 and in my experience(in an even game)by the time those tanks are called in, players have enough units on the field so that calling in the heavies will make them at least 75% pop capped. so the players with the heavies just stockpiles excess of resources except in the case of reinforcing or mining. by the time heavies are killed, the players have already enough resources to call in another one.

too many times my team was like "let's focus on that tiger, elephant, isu 152, or is2" and we'll actually get them, but there are replacements in the fight 30 seconds later.

i would very much like 1 heavy per game per player.
6 Apr 2014, 03:51 AM

I dunno man I make T 34s pretty much every game. Voted no.
6 Apr 2014, 03:53 AM

Does the panther count as a heavy tank or not?
6 Apr 2014, 05:41 AM

Why limit something?
Why?
Heavies allready take up a significant amount of popcap.
6 Apr 2014, 06:45 AM

No, why would you do this?

You think it's an issue that all we're seeing used is call-in units, but you obviously don't understand this is because they're pretty much the only decent vehicles for the soviets. Germans don't have this problem, and indeed most players tend to end up going up to T3 even if they are calling in a Tiger later. Limiting call-ins artificially like this is the worst possible solution you can take to this "problem".
6 Apr 2014, 06:57 AM
Patrion 14

While I agree that no tech to heavy call in is VERY boring (to watch on stream, casts, to play against and at times with) I don't think a hard limit would be a good or fun solution. We got the limited tiger ace, good enough for me. I could support drawbacks/nerfs on the heavies to give them less one-shot potential, durability or mobility.
6 Apr 2014, 07:43 AM

Now the meta is completely madness

Ostheer:
G43 grenspam to one or two T3/T4 tanks, then TA, which WTFpwn everything

Soviet:
Consspam, shocks and maxim, IS2 spam to the end, which WTFpwn everything under T4

No one gives a shit to teching because of Relic LOL decision to increase tech cost without tweaking call in.
6 Apr 2014, 08:13 AM

Now the meta is completely madness

No one gives a shit to teching because of Relic LOL decision to increase tech cost without tweaking call in.

this
6 Apr 2014, 08:21 AM

No, in Vcoh I understand having the hard cap because call-ins didn't cost any fuel. Call-in timing just needs to be tweaked to be in line with the increased teching cost from last patch.
6 Apr 2014, 08:44 AM
Patrion 310

Great idea... :) another idea take the armor away so the tiger and the soviet heavies have to swing from cover to cover...that would be a sight. No please no limitation of heavy tanks. Not again a major change of CoH 2 game. I am still recovering from the cover-and-microing-frenzy.
6 Apr 2014, 09:03 AM

1 on the field per player but you can call it in again.
That wouldnt also focus the late game so hard on tankbattles as it is now.
6 Apr 2014, 09:42 AM

I dunno man I make T 34s pretty much every game. Voted no.

Obvious troll was too obvious :(
6 Apr 2014, 09:45 AM

Id like to have 1 super tank per player at any given time. If the tank is destroyed, another can get called in. It would be like vCOH with Tigers and Pershings, except for the fact that the Heavies actually cost fuel in COH2 (and i think thats great).

I played a 3v3 lately and had 3 Elephants. Armor was basically denied and the team could free roam.
6 Apr 2014, 09:48 AM

this game is shit Relic is incompetent who gives a shit there will never be any redemption for Company of Heroes at least not as long as relic is doing the balancing....
6 Apr 2014, 09:57 AM

Does the panther count as a heavy tank or not?
]
That depends if you want to clasify it by armor or by speed.
6 Apr 2014, 10:36 AM

I think its better to make the commanders with no call-in-tank better and push the call-ins forward one or two CP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment