Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
6 Apr 2014, 12:55 PM

- Less RNG, more predictable outcomes.
- Side armor
- SU76M need to be a better tank
- Bloody 'Needforspeed'-blitzkrieg ability needs to be looked at, agreed that it can drive so fast, but it needs to accel imo.
- One shot squad wipe probability should be minimized
- TECHING REQUIRED FOR CALL IN UNITS. So dumb gameplay to just build T1 and than waiting for that heavy tank.
8 Apr 2014, 04:57 AM

More updates:

pqumsieh
The Panzer IV wouldn't necessarily need any changes. The T34 would likely see a cost increase . It will still lose to a Panzer 4 in a head on engagement, but its AI and mobility will be significantly better making it a well rounded medium tank.

pqumsieh
The next update will see the Elefant become easier to counter as the Soviets will have better tools at defeating it. That said, it will still be the best anti-armour unit in the game, more so when it gains hold fire to improve usability.
8 Apr 2014, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 04:57 AMNapalm
More updates:

pqumsieh
The Panzer IV wouldn't necessarily need any changes. The T34 would likely see a cost increase . It will still lose to a Panzer 4 in a head on engagement, but its AI and mobility will be significantly better making it a well rounded medium tank.

pqumsieh
The next update will see the Elefant become easier to counter as the Soviets will have better tools at defeating it. That said, it will still be the best anti-armour unit in the game, more so when it gains hold fire to improve usability.
Hold FIRE!!! We aRe finally getting hold fire!!
8 Apr 2014, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 04:57 AMNapalm
More updates:

pqumsieh

pqumsieh

Great... can't wait... I can kill all the German infantry with my ghost T-34 which has just been destroyed by blitzing P-IVs... Any mobility increase is useless whilst Germans have Blitz.

The biggest issue with the elefant IMO is the doctrine which has the stuka bombstrike in the same breath, meaning that the one thing that has a chance to kill it (ML-20 Howitzer) can just be reconned and annihilated in one shot.
8 Apr 2014, 06:29 AM

Great... can't wait... I can kill all the German infantry with my ghost T-34 which has just been destroyed by blitzing P-IVs... Any mobility increase is useless whilst Germans have Blitz.

The biggest issue with the elefant IMO is the doctrine which has the stuka bombstrike in the same breath, meaning that the one thing that has a chance to kill it (ML-20 Howitzer) can just be reconned and annihilated in one shot.
But I think the point of this next patch is to make it so that artillery WONT be the only way to kill it. Up to this point flanking it with T34s was doable but also completely useless due to how long it took to kill it. It sounds like this won't be the case any longer, though you will probably still be rather screwed if you went for SU-85s.

I remember a game where I actually managed to flank an elephant from both side with a two SUs. The thing had time to turn and kill both of them and still have half health left.
8 Apr 2014, 11:16 AM

What' s up with the g43 complaints? as a avid user i would say that the g43 currently is weaker then the previous patch.
8 Apr 2014, 11:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2014, 11:16 AMJaigen
What' s up with the g43 complaints? as a avid user i would say that the g43 currently is weaker then the previous patch.

and everything else too :facepalm:
8 Apr 2014, 11:40 AM

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
8 Apr 2014, 12:06 PM
Donator 11

By the time they get this game slightly balanced the western fronts will be out and balance issues will be completely fucked again. Then the new armies will get new commanders which will screw things up even more, its an endless cycle, this game will never be truly balanced.... :(
8 Apr 2014, 13:46 PM

I predict poor decisions mixed with OK ones. People are over reacting to the current balance.

I, for one, see Conscripts playing fine when stacked up against Grenadiers. The problems only come when they start getting kitted out with 3x Vet or G43.

I see Pios being far too powerful for what they're meant to be, right now. They can roll Engi squads and they'll go toe-toe with a slightly weakened Conscript squad, and if they lose that fight the Conscripts will be so weakened they'll be forced to retreat anyways.

I think most other aspects of the game are in an OK place right now. Shocks are a bit sucky, PzGrens are filling their role nicely, and Penal Battalions could use a bit more love in terms of combat effectiveness(Right now they're not doing enough damage at range to compensate for the fact they get rolled close up). But it isn't crazily skewed in one way or the other.

The problem with this current patch is that they nerfed the shit out of all the Soviet cheese strats - and I've been saying this for a year now that having a faction functioning solely off bullshit strategies can never be balanced. I think this patch was a brilliant step towards fixing that problem, there's no real Soviet cheese right now and that means it can be balanced in the appropriate manner.

Also, personally, the DLC commanders bringing new units puts non-paying players at a huge disadvantage. There are so many more strategies opened up by having them.
8 Apr 2014, 14:14 PM

Maxim damage and accuracy increased slightly, and suppression reduced. Less of a suppression tool than a "oh, you're in my arc of fire, you die naow!" weapon. E.g., the .30 cal from vCoH.

Yes Please....

It isnt that good at suppresion now due to its arc and lack of area suppression any how. There is another thread talking about maybe making the Maxim an LMG Gren squad more or less and turning the DSHK into an MG42.
8 Apr 2014, 15:57 PM

Maxim damage and accuracy increased slightly, and suppression reduced. Less of a suppression tool than a "oh, you're in my arc of fire, you die naow!" weapon. E.g., the .30 cal from vCoH.

You've described DSHK now.
8 Apr 2014, 16:24 PM

HOLD fire button is good but what i would like to se ontop of that is a button to make it have inf prio to shoot or let it have prio to shoot at armor
9 Apr 2014, 03:42 AM

not exactly, i think all artillery pieces should have some sort of resistance on bombing runs, kill the crew and leave the gun intact. its pretty horrible to see 600mp and god knows how long they need to build that thing, gets insta wiped by a recon and bombing run.

even if elefants doctrine was nerfed, there's nothing stopping the other fella in a 2v2 from doing the same and we are back to square one.

soviets needs to be less reliant on armour for AT duties in order to properly counter elefants, they need effective infantry based AT. a faster firing AT gun or AP rounds ability, move barrage to vet 1 skill and make it free/cheaper.

even if elefants were nerfed, i still wouldnt rush headlong into it with tanks or would i ever invest in tanks to deal with it.
9 Apr 2014, 03:59 AM

I predict they could release an empty patch with just fake patch notes and people would still start bitching about the "changes".

That's awesome...
9 Apr 2014, 04:33 AM

So this probably means tanks will have diffrent penetraion values at diffrent ranges.

If this also applies to AT guns they might become pretty useless. They already miss quite a bit of shots at near max range, and if they receive less penetration at long ranges chances are that they don't penetrate even if they manage to hit.
raw
9 Apr 2014, 04:39 AM

- Bloody 'Needforspeed'-blitzkrieg ability needs to be looked at, agreed that it can drive so fast, but it needs to accel imo.

imo it should overheat the engine
9 Apr 2014, 04:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2014, 06:41 AMOhme
We like arguing about it on the forums a lot, but lets be real, the balance isn't that far away from being rather tightly tuned. What we see now are outliers in units, abilities, and strategic options - and for the most part, only a handful of them are that far out.

IS-2 and ISU-152 need a change. PQ mentioned they intend to tone down the AI of the tanks in order to buff their AT. Watching either of these tanks repeatedly bounce shots off the front of panthers with little ability to flank sucks for the Soviet player. Losing whole squads to these tanks sucks for the Ostheer. Both are rather significant complaints made often and loudly by players of both factions.

Likewise, it is clear the LMG42 and G43 over perform. I don't think they over perform by too much, but one can easily recognize a killing capacity that is too potent.

Very well put, I enjoyed this post hopefully it falls on Relics ears.
9 Apr 2014, 04:53 AM

Buffing the AT on ISU-152 and IS-2 is the absolute wrong thing to do, they are Commander specific. Soviets need good dependable non-Commander specific AT to deal with the good dependable Tanks that Germans get on the base faction and not on specific Commanders.

Very Good point, The commander abilities are supposed to be supplemental to the core army based on the kinds of strategies a player likes to use. But right now Soviets have to completely rely on Commanders to answer whatever core army strategies the German player decides to throw at them, pick the wrong commander as soviets and most likely you will lose and lose hard. I fully agree with you that Relic needs to be looking at the soviet core army making sure it has the tools necessary to stand up to the German core.
9 Apr 2014, 04:54 AM

So this probably means tanks will have diffrent penetraion values at diffrent ranges.

If this also applies to AT guns they might become pretty useless. They already miss quite a bit of shots at near max range, and if they receive less penetration at long ranges chances are that they don't penetrate even if they manage to hit.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS