Login

russian armor

OP

3 Apr 2014, 20:46 PM

ive been watching the chat on the official coh 2 steam group that soviets are op , this and that , in my view there is no such thing , soviets are just more desorganized in there doctrines and upgrades in contrast to german army that are more objective in their fighting , im sure the game designers didnt want to op an army more than the other , in fact if the game wasnt good for both parties there wasnt so much discussion , so why bitching ? ( pardon my french ) , praise all the the guys and girls involved in making the game , good job , keep up . btw germans rule B-) :p
3 Apr 2014, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 20:46 PMafrrs
ive been watching the chat on the official coh 2 steam group that soviets are op , this and that , in my view there is no such thing , soviets are just more desorganized in there doctrines and upgrades in contrast to german army that are more objective in their fighting , im sure the game designers didnt want to op an army more than the other , in fact if the game wasnt good for both parties there wasnt so much discussion , so why bitching ? ( pardon my french ) , praise all the the guys and girls involved in making the game , good job , keep up . btw germans rule B-) :p

Its not a bad idea to look at whats been written on a subject before you post.
3 Apr 2014, 21:01 PM

Soviets are OP? Lol
3 Apr 2014, 21:42 PM

All I know it maxim spam is just as ridiculous as gren spam.
3 Apr 2014, 21:55 PM

Anyone who says soviets are op this patch should pretty much go back to training missions and stay there, forever.
3 Apr 2014, 21:57 PM
3 Apr 2014, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 21:42 PMBubalo
All I know it maxim spam is just as ridiculous as gren spam.

Except that maxim spam can't rifle nade Grens...
4 Apr 2014, 06:32 AM

Except that maxim spam can't rifle nade Grens...

Rifle nades...rifle nades.... how much a molotov costs? 15 amo and it still fries the same percentage of an mg crew as the german rifle grenade does in maxim's case. For 25 amo of course, because everything that is german needs to be more expensive.
4 Apr 2014, 07:08 AM
Patrion 310

Rifle nades...rifle nades.... how much a molotov costs? 15 amo and it still fries the same percentage of an mg crew as the german rifle grenade does in maxim's case. For 25 amo of course, because everything that is german needs to be more expensive.

The fanboy is strong with you isn't it. Play soviets once in awhile. I have never seen a molotov kill 3 /4 of an MG42 crew on impact. In fact I've never seen it kill more than one on impact. I have however used the rifle grenade to kill 4 Maxium crew members in one shot. The fact that its already easier to kill a maxim is a problem but the massive problem is the range on the rifle grenade. You can use it without being in harms way, unlike the molotov.
4 Apr 2014, 07:32 AM

The fanboy is strong with you isn't it. Play soviets once in awhile. I have never seen a molotov kill 3 /4 of an MG42 crew on impact. In fact I've never seen it kill more than one on impact. I have however used the rifle grenade to kill 4 Maxium crew members in one shot. The fact that its already easier to kill a maxim is a problem but the massive problem is the range on the rifle grenade. You can use it without being in harms way, unlike the molotov.

After 25 march patch came another one who fixed the grenades damage. It's not a rule anymore that a rifle grenade must kill 4 maxim member crew.

In fact, if a molotov kills 25-30% of a german crew and rifle grenade kills 50% of maxim crew, adding the amo cost diference stated above, we will obtain a quite balanced situation. I mean, if I fire the molotov or the rifle grenade while being in the hmg arc of action, I will withdraw my squad after doing it, no matter if we are speaking about cons or grens because my squad will be supressed anyway and pin is not far away. If in the same situation my con or gren squad will be in green cover, situation changes and will be favourable to my squad no matter the distance.
So, see, I don't think distance is an issue as I don't think balance betweeen those two weapon types is broken.
4 Apr 2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

After 25 march patch came another one who fixed the grenades damage. It's not a rule anymore that a rifle grenade must kill 4 maxim member crew.

In fact, if a molotov kills 25-30% of a german crew and rifle grenade kills 50% of maxim crew, adding the amo cost diference stated above, we will obtain a quite balanced situation. I mean, if I fire the molotov or the rifle grenade while being in the hmg arc of action, I will withdraw my squad after doing it, no matter if we are speaking about cons or grens because my squad will be supressed anyway and pin is not far away. If in the same situation my con or gren squad will be in green cover, situation changes and will be favourable to my squad no matter the distance.
So, see, I don't think distance is an issue as I don't think balance betweeen those two weapon types is broken.

Rnades are unlock automatically while teching, have greater range, deals "consistent" damage and has a higher cost. But since we no longer need quick FHT, those muni can be spend more freely early game. Also the time reaction you need to dodge a Rnade compare to any other nade AND specially molotovs is higher.

Molotovs needs to be use on CQC, don´t do consistent damage due to relay on crits. You generally dodge most of it´s damage. The need to rush to use them make the users suffers from casualties from small arm fire.

Maxims doesnt have "area" supression so it´s just easy to frontally assault it. Also since you can Rnade from distance, the amount of supression you receive is even less. Combine that with a smaller arc and that means that 2 Grens can easily dislodge a Maxim + Con/CE supported.

Since the previous patch, Oorah + Molotov doesnt work frontally. A molotov may or may not kill a single entity meaning that you can easily dodge even if you are hit by it. An MG + Gren/Pio deals enough damage to scare away 2 Cons.

Obviously both situations may go either to or other side, but with patch, Rnade is just an easy consistent choice of dealing dmg.

Neo
4 Apr 2014, 11:25 AM

SSHeini, could you please post a link to your playercard so we can get a sense of your expertise with playing as Soviets? Thanks!
4 Apr 2014, 11:35 AM

4 Apr 2014, 12:11 PM

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090176100/stats/COH2?tab=stats&subtab=multiplayer

45 games as soviets, most of which are compstomp

325 games as german

Ouch!

That left a mark.
Neo
4 Apr 2014, 12:32 PM

18 multiplayer games as Soviet... I think this conversation can end here :)
4 Apr 2014, 18:35 PM
Patrion 310

Doesn't have to be a rule to happen

In fact, if a molotov kills 25-30% of a german crew and rifle grenade kills 50% of maxim crew, adding the amo cost diference stated above, we will obtain a quite balanced situation.

Well apparently all soviets do is oorah (10 muni) in and throw a molotov (15 muni), it works out to be the same cost. Except the grenadiers are still sitting far away in cover while the conscripts have been supressed and pinned.

I mean, if I fire the molotov or the rifle grenade while being in the hmg arc of action, I will withdraw my squad after doing it, no matter if we are speaking about cons or grens because my squad will be supressed anyway and pin is not far away.

Why are you running head on into a maxim (not that it can suppress as well as an mg42 anyway). With a rifle grenade you can sit out of harms way and use it, you don't need to run up to the barrel of the maxim. Not to mention you can just use 2 squads and avoid the maxim arc altogether.

If in the same situation my con or gren squad will be in green cover, situation changes and will be favourable to my squad no matter the distance.

A rifle grenade can be easily used without ever leaving cover. A molotov for the most part cannot be used in the same way because of its limited range and you still have to cover the distance to get in cover if there is actually any near the mg42. If your coming from a direction outside of the mg42 arc (which for the record is much bigger than a maxims) a molotov probably isn't needed anyway.
5 Apr 2014, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2014, 12:11 PMAvNY

Ouch!

That left a mark.

It didn't. Sorry I didn't post them sooner, nothing to hide here.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198090176100

I am not an every day player, I have a job and a life. After 6-7 years of vCoh experience and after playing the number of games you could see here in my post and in previous post, I still believe that I know what balance means. You just have to use common sense and brains, added to your game experience.

The fact most of you are "soviet fanboys" here, doesn't change this. As I stated before, I don't like it when someone supports a faction exaggerating its weaknesses. If I could adapt to the new mechanics of the game, I can't understand why more experienced players can't. This means only ill will.
As I said before in my posts on other topics, I still think a lower DPS of german small arms will probably make the game feel more balanced while solving most of complaints (pios, far distance engagements, and so on).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS