Login

russian armor

CoH vet here. Should I get into CoH2???

6 Apr 2014, 23:14 PM
Patrion 310

As Germans I tend to pick a doctrine when I get to 10cps depending on if I want a Tiger of Elephant :p :crazy:
7 Apr 2014, 01:40 AM

How enjoyable/addicting is it compared to CoH?
Is the game play mechanics similar?
Has the community grown or shrunk after the realse of CoH2? (How many people play it)?
Is the game well balanced with interesting units?

1) Ive had fun playing team games with friends, but 1v1 is boring as fuck compared to vcoh imo.
2) The game hit rock bottom for a few months because of the P2W DLC but the recent sales and patches are slowly turning it around (maybe). The average player count now isn't any higher than it was shortly after release, if that answers your question.
3) Community size is probably the same, lots of new faces but most the well known vcoh players are done.
4) Short answer: yes its relatively balanced. Long answer: right now Soviets are really UP, there have been lots of OP units of the month since release but I prefer an unpredictable meta game over a extremely well balanced but super stale meta game. Are the units interesting? Not to me, but maybe they are to someone else.

I wouldn't recommend buying CoH2 unless you have friends to play with. If you're just looking for another game to dump some time in to, there are far better games out there right now. CoH2 has been a huge disappointment to me and a lot of other vcoh players with high hopes. But putting that aside and just looking at CoH2 as its own thing, I would still say you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped out on this one and here is why:

-Titanfall
-DayZ
-ESO
-Arma 3
-Wargame
-Insurgency
-GTA5 port (soon)
-Watchdogs (soon)
7 Apr 2014, 03:04 AM
Patrion 15

If you liked CoH1 you will like CoH2.

Gameplay mechanics are similar,latest patch made it much more so.

And in 2 Months Westernfront armys are going to be released (America and Oberkommandwest (germans), but I don't think they are like wehrmacht and americans from CoH1.

Community probably same.

Well balanced? Depends on who you ask^^ but not worse than CoH1 in its early years.

You could buy in with the new factions, you get both for 20$ or each for 12$, you can then play against all other players online, without needing to buy CoH2. (But last time it was on sale on steam it was 10$ so...)

And you have to be ok with the Commander model. On the one hand it brings in cool units, on the other hand you have to pay for it.

Best post of the thread. I would wait until the new armies come out, that way you can buy in for $12. Its a great game, it has some kinks that need to be worked out, but the balance issues, while frustrating at times, are overblown by the community.
7 Apr 2014, 16:00 PM

Just wait for it to go F2P or on Humble Bundle for a $1.

Even then I wouldn't play it - as there are just too many things that make it frustrating than fun AND there are many better games I'd rather spend my limited gaming time on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment