Login

russian armor

CoH vet here. Should I get into CoH2???

31 Mar 2014, 17:16 PM

Hey, everyone. I spent endless hours playing and watching CoH and I was wondering what CoH2 is like and whether it is as enjoyable. I have a few questions about the game:

How enjoyable/addicting is it compared to CoH?
Is the game play mechanics similar?
Has the community grown or shrunk after the realse of CoH2? (How many people play it)?
Is the game well balanced with interesting units?

31 Mar 2014, 17:32 PM

I played a little coh, then coh2 and then coh a lot more and I have to say that COH is notably better than COH2.

The balance issues really distort the experience of playing coh2. Coh2 tends towards tactical breadth rather than depth while COH has considerably more depth.

I like playing coh better.
31 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

The Community of CoH2 has enormous shrunk after the release only a Little Group of People still Play it because this game is a downgrade on many Points.
You cant even build tank traps without a commander.:facepalm:
CoH2 also has a low unit Variation low amount of strategical and tactical Options.Too much commanders...........A big design fail.Terrible balancing.Its sad what relic has done to this game.
31 Mar 2014, 17:44 PM

It seems that if you like COH 1,you seem to be expecting the same game . It's not the same game.

Also Affe, i have no idea what you are talking about. Tactical options with the new patch have grown alot, and there is the same amount of non doctrinal units for both factions, (and alot more in commanders)
31 Mar 2014, 17:45 PM

After having played COH2 I can't play vCOH anymore really. In other words I enjoy COH2 more than vCOH.
31 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 17:44 PMBurts
It seems that if you like COH 1,you seem to be expecting the same game . It's not the same game.

Also Affe, i have no idea what you are talking about. Tactical options with the new patch have grown alot, and there is the same amount of non doctrinal units for both factions, (and alot more in commanders)

That and it's not as if the COH1 balancing was any good either. It might be balanced now but it still took like 4 years.
31 Mar 2014, 17:49 PM

That and it's not as if the COH1 balancing was any good either. It might be balanced now but it still took like 4 years.

This. I enjoy CoH2 much. Latest patch gave it a nice feel and then there's this expansion (or DLC if you may) coming in June. Looking good!
31 Mar 2014, 17:59 PM

the only things that coh2 has over coh is:
the unit list in the right top corner
call in more than one heavy tank
reinforce more than 1 squad at once
better graphics
3v3,4v4 automatch
Now that we are going to have a totally historically inaccurate game(western front armies on the east), i think vCOH is the far superior game. not to mention the balancing nightmare that is coming with the new armies, the sovs and ost are not near balanced, i would wait for 7 years to buy it. i might start playing again when they introduce fantasy commanders, IE Maus call in, other late war prototype units. coh2 is going down the shitter. just stay with vCOH. after 400 hours of coh2 i am going back to vcoh.
31 Mar 2014, 18:07 PM

3v3,4v4 automatch

You can now do a 3v3 or 4v4 automatch in vCOH (Last update in the new steam version made this change).
31 Mar 2014, 18:19 PM
Donator 11

I think the community have grown.
with the latest patch match 28th, it actually gotten closer to the way vcoh plays.
you will enjoy it, not quite the same, a lot of things have changed.
31 Mar 2014, 18:26 PM

It highly depends on how you prefer to play vCoH:

If youre into mods, annihilation and/or campy gameplay (with favorite maps being scheldt, achelous river etc) then CoH2 is inferior imo.

If you liked to play automatch in vCoH, or overall 1v1s,2v2s,3v3s or 4v4s with 500 vps and balanced teams then CoH2 is superior in terms of gameplay mechanics, balance and so on.

31 Mar 2014, 19:21 PM

You can now do a 3v3 or 4v4 automatch in vCOH (Last update in the new steam version made this change).

did not know this. wont be playing coh2 very much anymore now that i know that.
31 Mar 2014, 19:26 PM

This is the best news for CoH2 since last patch.

Make sure to never post here again as well.
31 Mar 2014, 20:09 PM

If you liked CoH1 you will like CoH2.

Gameplay mechanics are similar,latest patch made it much more so.

And in 2 Months Westernfront armys are going to be released (America and Oberkommandwest (germans), but I don't think they are like wehrmacht and americans from CoH1.

Community probably same.

Well balanced? Depends on who you ask^^ but not worse than CoH1 in its early years.

You could buy in with the new factions, you get both for 20$ or each for 12$, you can then play against all other players online, without needing to buy CoH2. (But last time it was on sale on steam it was 10$ so...)

And you have to be ok with the Commander model. On the one hand it brings in cool units, on the other hand you have to pay for it.
31 Mar 2014, 20:14 PM

If you played Germans more,this is your game...if you liked Americans...well,wait until June
31 Mar 2014, 20:17 PM

Nice, I hope to see you in the Que. MVGame.
31 Mar 2014, 20:35 PM

The sooner you get into it the better, watch some CoH2 streams of top players to get a clue on how to play in regards of B.O / Capping order / Commanders.

The community has grown as of lately with the new infantry weapon overhaul, which is visible in both streams and the in-game player number.

Mind where you step though, we have quite loud trolls in our beloved community.
Welcome.
31 Mar 2014, 20:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I prefer CoH2 over vcoh. The game is constantly improving and the last patch made it more tactical with adding great improvements to small arms with new ranges and dps. If you were a fan of the original you will definitely like this game.

Also here's my game review in more detail:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/37453409/
31 Mar 2014, 21:38 PM

Stay at VCoH and just wait for an event.

I think there will be an offer where you can buy this game for maybe 10€ or something like that.

There are to much issues to buy it now. Maybe the 2 new factions will be balancing the game a bit more.

( In my Opinion they won't)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
unknown 25
Russian Federation 69

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %