Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2014, 18:27 PM
Patrion 14

Great! Theb you would not oppose relic adding aliens to the game? I mean, who cares right? It fits your logic.

The 'X is unrealistic, therefore anything goes' argument is stupid.

relic is just adding new factions within the realm of ww2 to make game more diverse. you make it sound like relic is going to add units with purple uniform and minigun.
28 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

new avitar to honor the new german faction:), cant wait so ready for this,60 + days left till x-mas ohh yes,O.K.W. WILL ROCK YOU!
28 Mar 2014, 18:39 PM

Honestly I'm disappointed, very much like the Pacific theater of war. Japan fought against the USSR and the U.S. war against Japan was the perfect binder for the new addition. But again, the Normandy landings, and again the Germans. It would be possible to implement new ideas amphibious appliances (And so the war against Japan, the Soviet Union is not very often show in the games),USSR could add Baikal Military District Commanders (marines, paratroopers, the Lend-Lease equipment, a combination of pre-war USSR with the latest technology) and the U.S. Marine Corps, and Japan has a huge scope for Creating Armies. I am very very disappointed.
28 Mar 2014, 18:50 PM

With everything they could have done, they go back to the west front. Makes me wonder why the hell they designed coh2 around east front so much when they are already working on west front dlc.. what the hell
28 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

yea i dont' like that either rather them stay on east front.
28 Mar 2014, 18:57 PM
Donator 11

Honestly I'm disappointed, very much like the Pacific theater of war. Japan fought against the USSR and the U.S. war against Japan was the perfect binder for the new addition. But again, the Normandy landings, and again the Germans. It would be possible to implement new ideas afibiynoy appliances (And so the war against Japan, the Soviet Union is not very often show in the games),USSR could add Baikal Military District Commanders (marines, paratroopers, the Lend-Lease equipment, a combination of pre-war USSR with the latest technology) and the U.S. Marine Corps, and Japan has a huge scope for Creating Armies. I am very very disappointed.

Dont worry, they will def add japan in the future. western armies is just a start.
28 Mar 2014, 19:00 PM

Dont worry, they will def add japan in the future. western armies is just a start.

With banzai charge, katana attack or self-explode nade? Kamikaze a zero into poor US marine? I dunno how should they design IJA since they are just WW1 army with all shitty equipment and tanks.
28 Mar 2014, 19:02 PM

I'm not sure why they do this. They could milk money from us by adding " British - German comando " and maybe in November add " US Marine - Japanese Empire Army ".

That makes more sense to me.

Now they do it like this, how are they going to fit the Japanese in ? British - Japanese ?

The Map Hill 331 show us something different from snow: Mud. Mud is good for the Pacific war but now they do it like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about the new 2 armies, it's just that it could have been better if it was UK - German Comando or US - Japanese.

Sorry for the English btw, it's not my native language.

Btw, There could be a lot of thing for Japanese:

- They could make more map next to the sea so Japanese can required heavy Arty from Battleship, order a Kamikaze airplane down to the enemy

- Camo in Cover or Dig in

- using Light Mortar

- Banzai Charge with 3 squads will make enemy light suppress.

- Self Explode unit.

- Bomb trap in house, road, v.v.v

It's just that their tank is kinda shit O_O.

I just check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tanks_of_World_War_II and yeah, doesn't seem like they got medium or heavy tank. It will create problem for Relic if they want to bring them in
28 Mar 2014, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 19:00 PMPorygon

With banzai charge, katana attack or self-explode nade? Kamikaze a zero into poor US marine? I dunno how should they design IJA since they are just WW1 army with all shitty equipment and tanks.

In the men of war assault squad, Japan is a very viable fraction (fraction of all there is no viable and overweight certain fraction). In COH there are many examples of that equipment manufactured in a limited quantity, as the game has no doctrine of unity. Why can not we do the same with Japan?
28 Mar 2014, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 18:27 PMpigsoup

relic is just adding new factions within the realm of ww2 to make game more diverse. you make it sound like relic is going to add units with purple uniform and minigun.

What is the difference? American Rangers sprinting over the frozen Volga river is not in the realm of WW2. Soviet soldiers screaming OORAAH in the streets of Paris is also not in the realm of WW2.

If we get that, I want some damn zerglings rushing through the Ardennes. Fighting against purple uniformed minigun soldiers. It makes about equal sense.
28 Mar 2014, 19:14 PM

The USA + Soviets in one team better not happen. That´s totally fucking the historic content of the game. Yeah, there are some people who like that, but there are a lot of people who don´t. Even though it´s a game, it´s intention is to set you at a certain front and have some kind of immersion.

But Immersion is of course totally irrelevant for a historic game.You know what? If that happens, introduce Dr. Friedhelm Grubers special Nazi Zombie army. Comes with Zombies, Maus tanks and other nifty experiments. Oh, it can fight versus Russians and USA. But the best thing is Dr. Gruber was totally out of control, so you can use him versus the Germans also!

:thumbsup:
28 Mar 2014, 19:17 PM

well, honestly, im have very high hopes for this game. I mean in 1v1s a historical battle mode is not really needed. I mean americans running around stalingrad is not going to become a major immersion breaker because the map "stalingrad" you could just treat as any regural ruined city. Right?
However, a historical battle mode for team games is a must.I mean the new german faction + old one is not really immersion breaking, however soviets + americans really breaks immersion.
28 Mar 2014, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned
The USA + Soviets in one team better not happen. That´s totally fucking the historic content of the game. Yeah, there are some people who like that, but there are a lot of people who don´t. Even though it´s a game, it´s intention is to set you at a certain front and have some kind of immersion.

But Immersion is of course totally irrelevant for a historic game.You know what? If that happens, introduce Dr. Friedhelm Grubers special Nazi Zombie army. Comes with Zombies, Maus tanks and other nifty experiments. Oh, it can fight versus Russians and USA. But the best thing is Dr. Gruber was totally out of control, so you can use him versus the Germans also!

:thumbsup:

They were on the same team in the trailer.
28 Mar 2014, 19:36 PM

TAKE MY MONEY.
28 Mar 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:23 PMtuvok
this is not a problem if the new maps make usa spawn on their left, germans in the middle and soviets on the right :p

your idea just gave me a nerd orgasm :O
28 Mar 2014, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 19:02 PMKyle

I just check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tanks_of_World_War_II and yeah, doesn't seem like they got medium or heavy tank. It will create problem for Relic if they want to bring them in

Since historical accuracy isn't a priority anymore, relic could just let them use the tanks they had in preparation for the defense of japan. Those tanks are a good enough match against allied armor.

The Japenese actually did have a tank destroyer made to kill shermans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_1_Ho-Ni_I
28 Mar 2014, 19:57 PM
Patrion 14

What is the difference? American Rangers sprinting over the frozen Volga river is not in the realm of WW2. Soviet soldiers screaming OORAAH in the streets of Paris is also not in the realm of WW2.

If we get that, I want some damn zerglings rushing through the Ardennes. Fighting against purple uniformed minigun soldiers. It makes about equal sense.

the difference is that one is unit based on real ww2 soldiers just having some in game mechanic ability and the other is an alien thingy that doesnt even exist.

why dont you ask relic so that when you are playing soviet, change the map names so maps like 'paris' is 'pariski' or 'ardenne' is 'ardenngrad' .just for you, even though you look over the fact that tanks don't massacre inf, il2 gun hits units and they only bleed?, lay mines in matter of seconds, units have infinite ammo, units dont get into melee combat when face to face, and so much more.

you look over all these but suddenly your brain can't wrap around another little historical inaccuracy.
28 Mar 2014, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 18:15 PMVolsky
So this is why they won't let the modding community do anything.

A slap in the face to old vCoH fans, having to pay $20 for the new factions after they nickel and dime us and make us buy DLC to access the full content we should have gotten when we bought a full-priced triple-A title. Blech. My money is no longer available.

20$ is quite cheap. Oh and also, it's completely differen't, it won't feel the same as vCOH. You saw the new units right? It's not the same. They probably made the Americans different from the vCOH ones.
28 Mar 2014, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 19:36 PMRogers
TAKE MY MONEY.

Yup
28 Mar 2014, 20:17 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'm with Aerohank, Burts and Sait on this one.

The game claims to be historical authentic from the start. Mixing fronts and factions would cost a lot of athmosphere if you ask me.

Conscripts standing next to Riflemen, T34 next to Shermans? Pls don't..
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Sweden 26
Poland 9
United States 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W