Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2014, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:14 PMBurts

Yeah, guess the new "crowd" just likes bullshit like war thunder ,WoT, and soon to be CoH2.
Well , i still have my hopes up for IL-2 BOS, atleast thats not going to be an ahistorical shitfest. I bet in 70 years we will have WW2 RTS games with 19th century weapons.

It is just sad seeing one of my favourite RTS get turned into complete dog crap.

I share your feelings.

I hated it when franchises like like CoD and battlefield stopped using authentic weapons for their factions in multiplayer. I just didn't get any sense of immersion when I'm a german soldier running around in Stalingrad, carrying a Japanase made Type99 machine gun.

And I have the same problem with soviets fighting along side Americans in the Ardennes.

I really hope they add in a separate playlist for people like you and me.

To all the people who are saying things like 'oh it's a competitive multiplayer game, not a history lesson bla bla bla' I have this to say: This game was advertised as a somewhat authentic easter front game. They never once mentioned things like americans fighting in stalingrad in the multiplayer. If they did, I never would have bought the game in the fist place.
28 Mar 2014, 16:25 PM
Patrion 14

and there will also be snow on western front, plus next expanson will be battle of the bulge, just wait and see :)
28 Mar 2014, 16:26 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:46 PMBurts

go play starcraft II, this is a WW2 rts for a reason. If they really enable sovs+ US matches in one game i will quit the game.
Retarded.

I guess this is farewell then.
I don`t see how does it bother people that you can play team match as US+Soviets. Whats wrong with that?
Its a game not a fcking WW2 documentary.
If you want historical accuracy go read a book or watch a documentary.
28 Mar 2014, 16:26 PM

Please do. This is a video game, not a history lesson.

+10
28 Mar 2014, 16:27 PM

You have to almost feel bad for the COH2 team - their game has failed to the point where they've basically given the community what they wanted - vCOH 1.5.

Though the nickle and dimeing of the past we've seen - $100 "Collector Editions" - P2W DLC etc - I really am in 2 minds of participating in this.

The only reason I'd buy this is to get a functional vCOH online experience.

To be perfectly blunt - I won't miss the poorly designed Soviet faction and the "original" blizzard tech one bit.
28 Mar 2014, 16:30 PM
Patrion 26

To all the people who are saying things like 'oh it's a competitive multiplayer game, not a history lesson bla bla bla' I have this to say: This game was advertised as a somewhat authentic easter front game. They never once mentioned things like americans fighting in stalingrad in the multiplayer. If they did, I never would have bought the game in the fist place.

They never mentioned it that it will be on the release day.
What did you expect them to do for an expansion?
More soviets? What would they have for infantry? Everything is pretty much covered except the commandos on skis.
I am glad that they will add US faction this will make multiplayer not so boring.
It raises the issues of balance of course. But hey, balance was never here anyway so I don`t see a harm in it.
I also hope they will add Brits. CoH without Brits is no CoH at all
28 Mar 2014, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:14 PMBurts

Yeah, guess the new "crowd" just likes bullshit like war thunder ,WoT, and soon to be CoH2.
Well , i still have my hopes up for IL-2 BOS, atleast thats not going to be an ahistorical shitfest. I bet in 70 years we will have WW2 RTS games with 19th century weapons.

It is just sad seeing one of my favourite RTS get turned into complete dog crap.

You're acting like Company of Heroes is the definitive video game franchise for WW2 historical accuracy. It really isn't.
28 Mar 2014, 16:31 PM

This is not a competitive RTS by any stretch of the imagination.

Genuine question, how do you define 'competitive'? I figured it was considered competitive, or at least played as such because it does feature tournaments, has multiplayer that focuses on player vs player etc. Maybe I'm just using the wrong words.

Also, and this is genuine not being a dick (I hope I'm not coming off as abrasive, because it's not my intention) but how do you consider things like balance patches? Would you rather have the two factions slightly unbalanced if it meant historical accuracy?

I haven't been able to read every response, but I can see this strikes a nerve. I want to say that to me I like CoH2 either way, I just enjoy the way it plays (or used to, I haven't played in months, I wanted to get back into it recently so I'll see if it still sticks). I'll play it regardless of mirror match options and the like, and I can also appreciate that some people like the limits imposed on matchups. Just saying, it seems like a very strange concept to me, for a game that seems to be primarily played in a player vs player basis.
28 Mar 2014, 16:34 PM

I think this game is more competetiv RTS than historic accurate. (it lacks in both departmens). If you wanted realism I don't understand why you even started playing. Especially the Multiplayer. CoH2 is so far away from realisic or historic... since the beginning.

(You can also just imagine that the USA are still soviets, only with USA equipment. (Scoutcar anyone?).)
28 Mar 2014, 16:35 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

It's weird because the historical facts were so important to them in the beginning and now they are throwing USA and Soviets in one team in automatch?

Not sure about this guys..
28 Mar 2014, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:35 PMluvnest
It's weird because they were historical facts were so important to them in the beginning and now they are throwing USA and Soviets in one team in automatch?

Not sure about this guys..

Its the only move they had left - player numbers were shrinking and the original community of COH they were banking on shunned their game - so bringing back the original makes perfect sense.
28 Mar 2014, 16:41 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This has been in the works for a helluva long time. It's not a reaction to anything that has happened in the last 8 months.
28 Mar 2014, 16:43 PM

I guess this is farewell then.
I don`t see how does it bother people that you can play team match as US+Soviets. Whats wrong with that?
Its a game not a fcking WW2 documentary.
If you want historical accuracy go read a book or watch a documentary.

Games are just like art. You want to create fantasy art? Go draw a bunch of dolphins in a forest. Fine. I have no problem.

Games are the same. Go make up some fantasy ancient rome with lasers. Go make sovs + americans if you want.
But also don't forget to make atleast a few games depicting reality. And that's the problem. Except men of war, which has it's own problems, there are NO historical ww2 rts games.

COH 2 was, but i guess it wont be anymore.
28 Mar 2014, 16:46 PM
Patrion 26

This has been in the works for a helluva long time. It's not a reaction to anything that has happened in the last 8 months.

You shouldn`t have said that, now everyone will complain that this was planned since release and they were lying to them :)
28 Mar 2014, 16:46 PM

There is always the possibility of change folks. Relic has demonstrated in the past that they listen to the community. So if the majority doesent like mixed team they might remove it from automatch (or add an optional checkbox for historical battles).
28 Mar 2014, 16:48 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'm just saying there shouldn't be a 'Ooraah' in a video called Western Front Armies.
28 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:43 PMBurts

Games are just like art. You want to create fantasy art? Go draw a bunch of dolphins in a forest. Fine. I have no problem.

Games are the same. Go make up some fantasy ancient rome with lasers. Go make sovs + americans if you want.
But also don't forget to make atleast a few games depicting reality. And that's the problem. Except men of war, which has it's own problems, there are NO historical ww2 rts games.

COH 2 was, but i guess it wont be anymore.

Because CoH is not about historical accuracy. Yes they use the models of tanks, units and weapons.
But that doesn`t mean they have to follow history by the book. I mean look at the campaign they did :)
It`s a multiplayer-competitive real time strategy. In competitiveness you can`t keep historical accuracy.
If you don`t want to team up with US as a Soviet play a comp stop or a custom game with friends.
I don`t see you complain though fighting against Ubercommando West as a Soviet.
28 Mar 2014, 16:51 PM
Patrion 14

There is always the possibility of change folks. Relic has demonstrated in the past that they listen to the community. So if the majority doesent like mixed team they might remove it from automatch (or add an optional checkbox for historical battles).
+1
28 Mar 2014, 16:53 PM

Guess I'll believe that when I see custom public lobbies, an actual in game ladder that works and even prey tell something resembling minor balance.

They need to leave their "asymmetrical" design aspirations at the door - along with their "RNG" - as from what we've seen over the life of COH2 is a complete dogs breakfast of a "game". They can't do one alone correctly - let alone BOTH at the same time.

They should have just made vCOH HD like I mentioned eons ago.....
28 Mar 2014, 16:54 PM

Because CoH is not about historical accuracy. Yes they use the models of tanks, units and weapons.
But that doesn`t mean they have to follow history by the book. I mean look at the campaign they did :)
It`s a multiplayer-competitive real time strategy. In competitiveness you can`t keep historical accuracy.
If you don`t want to team up with US as a Soviet play a comp stop or a custom game with friends.
I don`t see you complain though fighting against Ubercommando West as a Soviet.

Hmm, what about the OTHER company of heroes, that had historical accuracy.No problem with brits+ usa working together. And that was way more competitive than coh 2 ever was. Comp stomp? I actually want a challenge. With friends? Gets boring real fast.
If you can, please suggest some ww2 rts that is actually realistic OTHER than men of war, that actually has an ALIVE multiplayer.

The only reason i played coh 2 and not coh 1 is because of the fact that the eastern front is more intersting. Other than that, coh 1 does everything way better.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS