Login

russian armor

Patch Notes 03.25.14

26 Mar 2014, 04:04 AM

Guards are much more squishier now post-patch and is now effectively a weapon drop treasure chest. With PGs having 1.2 armor, the second highest armored unit in the game now, I'm surprised the more expensive Guards don't get the same as they were integral meatshields in the Soviet army build.
26 Mar 2014, 06:50 AM

Also, doesn´t that also increase the problem with squad wiping Germans have?

I believe it will. This issue should have been the first thing to correct in order to balance the game.
Obvoiusly, nobody cared about it, and now, paradoxically, the issue just aggravated.
26 Mar 2014, 08:25 AM

I agree with Speculator, Guards are not Elite Troops, but they're supposed to be better.

Personally I still think they should take away the free PTRS and let us choose whether to build them as AT, AI, or Both.
26 Mar 2014, 11:52 AM
Patrion 14

At a first look, there are many nice things in this patch.

Going deeper, it doesn't look so nice as it seems.
Saw nowhere the "one-shot squad wiping" problem resolved. On the contrary, german infantry gets decreased armor value. .... lol.....
Saw increased cost for PPSHs... from 30 amo to 40.... wow... what a big difference....
Happy for 2 seconds when I saw G43 decrease cost to 40 amo...but wait... JUST for Pzgrens. Who the fuck will upgrade PZgrens with G43s...may I ask.
Fuel cost for soviet building and for german phases increased... we will probably see an avalanche of call-in tanks... soviet call-ins quicker, of course, because they come at 9 CP.
No Kv-8 nerfing but AGAIN german infantry armor value decreased. Nice....
Mechanized groups get insignificant cost decreases while the half track loses more than 1/4 of its health. Great, now we will NEVER see those units again.

"LMG42 now requires Battle Phase 1 to unlock"
"Flame projector upgrade now requires battle phase 2"

....Excuse me...?!

"Officer armor from 4 to 1"

Now why was that necessary?

"DP-28 cost from 60 MU to 100 MU"

I red twice, thought it was a joke. A bad one.

"Cost from 320 MP to 280 MP
Population from 6 to 7
Updated AOE profile on Model 24 Stielgranate Grenade Assault
Assault Grenadiers now gain sprint"

What, they will be the new "units of doom"?! Gsus...

Saw they mess up the starting resources the second time in this game. Why was the first modification necessary? What we have now is close to what it was in the beginning.

Sorry, I was really upset because of these things.

ppsh 40 mu is enough now that it changes long range cons into short range unit.

g43 wasnt good enough for you before?

avalanche of call-in tanks? not in my experience (10 games so far) not yet at least. I think the delay is just enough to prolong early-mid game but not too long to make ppl wait for call ins.

every unit's armor is now 1 except shock (1.5), pgrens (1.2?).

complaining about fht? m5 is still in t3 but is costs 270mp and 30 fuel...

guards actually kill now. DP actaully makes difference too. But it feels like now they are worth 60mu not 100....

ass gren spam encountered 90% of the game... cheesy as hell

26 Mar 2014, 12:03 PM

I believe it will. This issue should have been the first thing to correct in order to balance the game.
Obvoiusly, nobody cared about it, and now, paradoxically, the issue just aggravated.

Grenadiers are super strong now. This patch made charging in with infantry very dangerous, while at the same time made soviets only good at short range. Stick your LMG42 grens in some cover and they will only lose to snipers.

Edit: Heck, they don't even need cover. Last night I had a vet 2 LMG42 squad out in the open. They were charged by a vet1 full health shock trooper squad. By the time the shock troopers were in effective range (<5 meters lol), only 2 models were left and they were wiped out on retreat.
26 Mar 2014, 12:12 PM

Wait Assault Gren spam is a thing now? When trying the patch yesterday I thought the opposite is going to be the case, since unlike before the patch you actually have to micro them well.

If you approach without shotblocking objects or very good cover they will loose horribly 1v1 against a vanilla conscript squad afterall.

I havent seen their sprint ability in action though so if thats causing an issue we should make it their vet 1 ability.

Way too early to tell though
26 Mar 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 11:52 AMpigsoup

my experience (10 games so far).

Don't want to be rude... but.... play more and we'll talk later... ok...?
26 Mar 2014, 13:03 PM

Grenadiers are super strong now. This patch made charging in with infantry very dangerous, while at the same time made soviets only good at short range. Stick your LMG42 grens in some cover and they will only lose to snipers.

Edit: Heck, they don't even need cover. Last night I had a vet 2 LMG42 squad out in the open. They were charged by a vet1 full health shock trooper squad. By the time the shock troopers were in effective range (<5 meters lol), only 2 models were left and they were wiped out on retreat.

I wasn't talking about inf vs inf cases. And it's hard to believe your shock troops hapenning yesterday. Are they so shitty now? Hard to believe and not ok. Maybe it was bad luck.
26 Mar 2014, 13:09 PM

Whats wrong with that? A shock squad charges in the open a vet 2 grenadier squad with an LMG. 440mp vs 240mp/60 Munis/Vet 2 - It sounds like you didn't even try and pop off a nade, you didnt pop-off smoke, you didn't use line of sight correctly and then complain because a slightly weaker squad was able to beat your expensive, poorly micro'd, squad.

I think some soviet players need to realise they're going to have to micro harder to get their moneys worth out of their troops, the days of shock troops just obliterating everything regardless of poor micro are gone.
26 Mar 2014, 13:59 PM

When merging conscripts with other units I noticed the merged unit doesn't change to look like the new squad, look:

con merged with penals:

con merged with eng:

Was it like this before the patch, and how does that effect the merge outcome?
26 Mar 2014, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 13:59 PMAbdul
When merging conscripts with other units I noticed the merged unit doesn't change to look like the new squad, look:

con merged with penals:

con merged with eng:

It was
26 Mar 2014, 16:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They get the weapons, but models stats and appearance remain the same. It was always like that-
26 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM

Whats wrong with that? A shock squad charges in the open a vet 2 grenadier squad with an LMG. 440mp vs 240mp/60 Munis/Vet 2 - It sounds like you didn't even try and pop off a nade, you didnt pop-off smoke, you didn't use line of sight correctly and then complain because a slightly weaker squad was able to beat your expensive, poorly micro'd, squad.

I think some soviet players need to realise they're going to have to micro harder to get their moneys worth out of their troops, the days of shock troops just obliterating everything regardless of poor micro are gone.

I was the one with the Grenadiers... and they hardly took a scratch in the process. I din't even micro my grenadiers into cover, they were just out in the open. I just watched in awe as those shock troopers melted.

26 Mar 2014, 18:46 PM

I was the one with the Grenadiers... and they hardly took a scratch in the process. I din't even micro my grenadiers into cover, they were just out in the open. I just watched in awe as those shock troopers melted.

I wish all my opponents were as careless with their shock troops. I mean you can surely see how poorly he micro'd them?
26 Mar 2014, 20:11 PM
Patrion 14

Don't want to be rude... but.... play more and we'll talk later... ok...?

I guess I should have just speculated not speak from the experience. I sorry
26 Mar 2014, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 13:59 PMAbdul

con merged with penals:
/
con merged with eng:
/

It was like this before the patch. Conscripts using merge retained their conscript models and conscript armor in the new squads, but gained the squads weapon. This has not changed.

Pro tip: now that most units have lost their armor, merge can also be used on guards without making the squad weaker than it would be when reinforced normally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
Germany 822
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak