Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
26 Mar 2014, 15:08 PM

I'm gonna give it a try with new BO:
cons, cons, molotov, cons, irregular, irregular, ppsh on all cons, T2, cons, Zis3, Zis3, AT nade, T4, M5 quad.
50 muni must be available at all the time for oorah, shitty AT nades, and molotovs. The rest goes into massive mines. Muni caches only. No fuel.
Two Blobs of ppsh cons with irregulars will flank, cap and, hopefully, spot and kill pshrecks panzergrenadiers, and steal their weapons. M5 will follow in distance to reinforce, pin and rape everything with quad gun, and also providing AA protection. Two or even three ZiS3 will fight off endless scout cars and tanks after they (hopefully) get naded. The army MUST move as the whole. Losing one of the components should signal a global retreat.
Combined Arms, lets see how it works.
26 Mar 2014, 15:09 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 06:28 AMPorygon

Cataclaw just have a game, a vet 2 pio capping a point without cover, Guards with DP28 charged the pio into point blank range, Pio squad wipe the Guards with 2 men survived. :O

The lesson here? Stay at range

I personally really enjoy the patch, it might need a little tweaking as EVERYTHING seems to die extremely quickly, but I love that cover and range is now relevant. It feels soooo much better, and the delayed vehicles allow for light vehicles to really shine. The mechanized support groups might actually have a place in this meta!

At the moment the soviets feel like they have an uphill battle against them, but I need to give it more time and more games to really know for sure. I could just be doing it wrong.
26 Mar 2014, 15:10 PM

Sorry, T3 - M5 quad
26 Mar 2014, 15:13 PM
Patrion 15

Is Piospam a viable strategy now? Didn´t have time to play yet, but that´s the first thing I wanted to do.

I have been building 2 Pios, but not anything more than that.
26 Mar 2014, 15:13 PM

To prevent enemy from capturing a point, one must move his unit into point radius, thus stopping the clock.

Question. How the fuck are you supposed to do this, if pios will kill your squad in the matter of two seconds? Stand in distance, trying to kill them with lousy bolt action rifles and watch them easily capturing the point?
Please answer.
26 Mar 2014, 15:15 PM
Patrion 14

most queries on this forum are given a 'L2P' answer.
26 Mar 2014, 15:16 PM

Now this is so stupid its really beyond me. How, and i ask you how is the most basic unit the Germans have, a BUILDER unit available for 200 MP justified to easily 1v1 a conscript and actually WIPE a whole Guard ELITE infantry squad for 360 mp with an 100 mun upgrade? With 2 squad members surviving?

I mean, WHAT THE HELL

So does that mean that i have to run for green cover now to not get murdered by Pioneers early game?? Is this how balance looks like???
26 Mar 2014, 15:19 PM
Patrion 14

You don't understand dasheppeh, the devs now worship at the temple of Inverse. This is what 733t play looks like.

Mad micro and 4000 apm FTW
26 Mar 2014, 15:33 PM

i like the new patch actually. alot more about micro. soviets need to learn that cons/shock spam only isnt going to work anymore. also just running head first into an mg, thinking that ooorah is going to save you, also isnt going to work. im not sure of the point of the increase cost to tech up for sovs though. i think certain armored units prices just need to be looked at(both sides).

forgot to mention. good job to relic on this patch. its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. MORE ABOUT MICRO!!
26 Mar 2014, 15:40 PM

i like the new patch actually. alot more about micro. soviets need to learn that cons/shock spam only isnt going to work anymore. also just running head first into an mg, thinking that ooorah is going to save you, also isnt going to work. im not sure of the point of the increase cost to tech up for sovs though. i think certain armored units prices just need to be looked at(both sides).

forgot to mention. good job to relic on this patch. its not perfect, but a step in the right direction. MORE ABOUT MICRO!!

Because murdering Assgrens with PGrens and Pios are perfectly fine , you need to learn to properly micro your Cons and Shocks now. You now need to micro to get close to deal any actual damage, but beware, staying longer than 2 secs within an engagements is not recommended. Because the Pios youre fighting against will eventually wipe your squad.

I love this patch
26 Mar 2014, 15:43 PM

Because murdering Assgrens with PGrens and Pios are perfectly fine , you need to learn to properly micro your Cons and Shocks now. You now need to micro to get close to deal any actual damage, but beware, staying longer than 2 secs within an engagements is not recommended. Because the Pios youre fighting against will eventually wipe your squad.

I love this patch

if you are getting squad whiped by pios there is something wrong with what you are doing. plus you know, they arent done patching. sovs have been easy mode for far too long and now you have to learn again. thats it.
26 Mar 2014, 15:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 06:28 AMPorygon

Cataclaw just have a game, a vet 2 pio capping a point without cover, Guards with DP28 charged the pio into point blank range, Pio squad wipe the Guards with 2 men survived. :O

don't charge with lmgs you will die to smgs. did anyone look at the weapon charts. :( (lmgs also don't fire on the move.)

and to the rest of the thread :)
26 Mar 2014, 15:51 PM

sovs have been easy mode for far too long and now you have to learn again. thats it.

Before patch was in team games 70-80% Germans. And now? 90% germans waiting for game?
26 Mar 2014, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 15:51 PMAradan

Before patch was in team games 70-80% Germans. And now? 90% germans waiting for game?

thats because the germans are playable again. sorry to say this but there is alot of hate towards russia right now in the world.
26 Mar 2014, 16:03 PM

thats because the germans are playable again. sorry to say this but there is alot of hate towards russia right now in the world.

Yeah that it the reason... people dont't want to play as russians because of puttin. So they will play as the Nazis..
26 Mar 2014, 16:10 PM

Yeah that it the reason... people dont't want to play as russians because of puttin. So they will play as the Nazis..

seems logical to me. lesser of two evils?
26 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

This isn't a political website this is a gaming site.
Neo
26 Mar 2014, 16:17 PM

:D
26 Mar 2014, 16:21 PM

Go back to school.
26 Mar 2014, 16:31 PM

Go back to school.

maybe you should. last time i checked the nazis killed far less people than stalin's russia did.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 93
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak