Login

russian armor

HOLY POTATOES !!! patch 3/25

PAGES (24)down
26 Mar 2014, 17:37 PM

Just a few notes.

Pioneers and assault grenadiers have different variants of the MP40. Same weapon profile, assault grenadiers are scaled up.

Same thing applies to conscript vs guard mosin, guards have a scales up rifle.

Pioneers so not scale well into the late game. They get poor combat veterancy which is meant to counter balance their base performance.

The biggest piece of advice I can give to players struggling, make sure you aren't fighting battles where you are out gunned or out numbered. If you see a Grenadier with an LMG, one conscript will not cut it. If you see two Grens, make sure you have 2 or more conscripts. If you see an assault grenadier charging you, sprint back as his ability will now be on cooldown. Pair up your conscripts so you can kite the SMG unit to death.

This gets funny when an mg is backing the Pioneers/AssaultGrens...
Check and soon mate
26 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 17:28 PMtokarev
"Pair up your conscripts so you can kite SMG unit to death". Meaning that you kite back to your base to prevent suprise attacks from rear. Meanwhile, another "SMG unit" is simply capturing important points on the map. Great!
Anyway, thanks for advice and keep posting! This way you help us to deal with this mess you guys created.

Pretty sure he was offering advice if you choose to just use scripts, which Agrens are designed to win against. They are supposed to handle scripts, that is their goal. It forces the Soviet player to build an mg or a scout car (or possibly penals now).

Can we all play nicer? If there is a problem in the patch discuss it and please post a replay, but if you just want to vent about how your pet unit is not as good as you want it to be I don't have the time.
26 Mar 2014, 17:39 PM

If you culd beat Knights Cross or PE with Rifles in vCoH, this wont be a problem.
26 Mar 2014, 17:43 PM

Well the soviet infantry sucks more than ever, but the soviet tanks still suck, so we have 3 options here (and mostly will take the first one)

1.- play as german and get an easy win

2.- adapt and play just for fun and not for win

3.- leave the game until next patch

Also it makes me laugh 90% germans searching almost every time lol!

P.S. Yes im a soviet fan player
Neo
26 Mar 2014, 17:45 PM

Stop whining. Just play German. Problem solved!
26 Mar 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 17:45 PMNeo
Stop whining. Just play German. Problem solved!

at this rate the game will have to put an option of Germans against Germans

LOL!
raw
26 Mar 2014, 17:49 PM

I feel if Relic finally would find a heart and let Cons perform as a 240 MP unit instead of as Sandsacks with rifles stuck in, the game would be vastly improved.
26 Mar 2014, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 17:30 PMtokarev

Oh man... Your posts are so... unintelligent...

Oh man... Your posts are so... full of whining.

to the last 4 posts above. L2P. soviets can no longer just run around the map killing every infantry unit.
26 Mar 2014, 18:06 PM

I played a few games last night and from what I have learned the "The Motherland needs no strat" strat is definitely dead. Your capping ability at the start (as russians) is pretty reliant on being where those big bad pios aren't.

The strategy that seemed to work for me was to go with the defensive doctrine and building a wall of the 45mm at guns covered by a couple of the dshk mgs and progressively leapfrogging your way across the map, then building some su-85 late in the game to do the heavy lifting on the multiple tigers that get called in due to your slow progression to regain map control.

Conscripts for me have been downgraded from the bulk of my force to merging and reinforcing at guns.

I wonder how long it will be until the "The fatherland needs no strat" strat becomes a thing and people are just spamming pios to beat up on the Russian inf.
26 Mar 2014, 18:14 PM

It already have
26 Mar 2014, 18:19 PM

Last time I check Stalin wasn't trying to wipe out half of Europe population in blatant genocide.

No he just tried to wipe all non Russian citizens east of German border.

FMI Read Stalin Purge and Ukrainian Famine.
26 Mar 2014, 18:36 PM

I wonder how long it will be until the "The fatherland needs no strat" strat becomes a thing and people are just spamming pios to beat up on the Russian inf.

A-Move Grenadier Spam, better than ever brought to you with this patch.
26 Mar 2014, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 15:51 PMAradan

Before patch was in team games 70-80% Germans. And now? 90% germans waiting for game?

thats because the germans are playable again. sorry to say this but there is alot of hate towards russia right now in the world.

I'm sorry, do you even effing maths?! 70-80% of the playerbase chose to play as Germany before the patch, now that's up to 90%. Let me say it again. 70-80% of the playerbase wanted to play as the GERMANS. Gamers are not fair, by and large, and do not want a challenge--that 80% can't be from chivalrous players wanting to avoid Soviet EZmode in team games.

With the faction choice sitting at 9:1 in favor of the Germans, please tell me how this is balanced and that we need to "L2P".

I'm getting my ass kicked around by terrible players because Soviet units just aren't fking cutting the mustard anymore. I witnessed a Grenadier standing out of cover smoking two Penals in green cover at long range. Ooooh, Penals are supposed to be meh at long range. So, you're supposed to sit out of cover and beat them then?

Yes, I can work with Cons, Maxims, Mortars, ZiS guns, Snipers, and flanking Engies with flamers. That's a lot more effing work and micro than Gren > Gren > Gren > MG42 > PG > PG > PG > PG > Jaeger Doc > G43s for everyone! > Pantherzzzzzz.
26 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM

I don't know about that, squad wipes I think are still an issue - especially with the buffs to grenade and molotovs.
raw
26 Mar 2014, 18:40 PM

with this patch?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 18:37 PMVolsky

I'm getting my ass kicked around by terrible players because Soviet units just aren't fking cutting the mustard anymore.

Anymore?

Soviets ~never~ had effective units, they always required gimmicky play like T-70 squishrush, dual sniper opening, flamer clown car to stand a chance.
26 Mar 2014, 18:42 PM

Pretty sure he was offering advice if you choose to just use scripts, which Agrens are designed to win against. They are supposed to handle scripts, that is their goal. It forces the Soviet player to build an mg or a scout car (or possibly penals now).

Can we all play nicer? If there is a problem in the patch discuss it and please post a replay, but if you just want to vent about how your pet unit is not as good as you want it to be I don't have the time.

Yep Agrens designed to beat scripts when Scripts were alot cheaper. And Penals would own Agrens. Penals however are Scripts without AT nades and better Vet 2. Good luck getting them there but it is better.

Of course now your stuck with T1 like it or not.

I agree with what has been mentioned. So far it seems that the Soviets have completley given up their Aggressiveness. They now have to bunker down more or less and creep up.

I dont mind it so much this way if they decided to give the Soviets tanks that are equal to the Germans so that now that we lack the early game the Germans can lack the late game.

And Maxims now ugh Maxims. They are supposed to assault and be worse at lock down for it yet now if a flank happens by Pgrens there is no escape. Dead Maxim in mere seconds. Doesnt sound very viable to assault with now.
26 Mar 2014, 18:44 PM

I'm watching noise of carpet doing a pio-spam into ostwind game.

He is playing against penal spam and he is winning.

Yep, pio spam beating penal spam.
26 Mar 2014, 18:48 PM

^There is no God (or balance).
raw
26 Mar 2014, 18:55 PM

The damage of clown cars all light vehicles is now exactly zero. And I have to sacrifice even more field presence for crap! Relic in the drivers seat again.
26 Mar 2014, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

soviets can no longer just run around the map killing every infantry unit.

Cause Pio spam + SC or old cheesy elite Vet PGs spam doesnt revolve around running around the map killing infantry...

I dont know if others feels the same, but it seems as Soviets there has been a huge reset. What you mostly knew about the early game, does not longer apply and new BO-strats-usage of units will need to arise. This doesn´t apply in general to German, which seems that they have a smoother transition on this patch.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS