Login

russian armor

Expansion Poll!

Expansion: United States & Wehrmacht armies with COH2 engine ?
Option Distribution Votes
58%
42%
Total votes: 71
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Mar 2014, 21:13 PM
Donator 11

Next Expansion: United States & Wehrmacht armies with COH2 engine ?
1 Mar 2014, 21:18 PM

Keep it one front oriented

I would be cool though to see USA vs Whermacht. but not Whermacht + ostheer vs USA + Russians
2 Mar 2014, 03:19 AM

How about we try something new, besides it's not like can just copy and paste the old factions. Plus, why do we need two german factions?
2 Mar 2014, 08:33 AM

You left out the option of "Meh. If it happens it happens..."

As it stands though, I think the Pacific front would be far more interesting. The Japanese could have some really cool mechanics.
2 Mar 2014, 09:40 AM

I think Neph has a good suggestion. Bring in a whole new front and keep it separated from the current one in automatch. This way there won't be balance issues as there were in coh1. and people who don't care for authenticity or balance could still mix all the factions in custom games.

The pacific would also get rid of blizzards :p
2 Mar 2014, 09:45 AM
Patrion 14

The pacific would also get rid of blizzards :p

But lets add TYPHOONS :rolleyes:
2 Mar 2014, 09:59 AM

But lets add TYPHOONS :rolleyes:

How do you imagine that? units getting blown of the map? :p

On a more serious note, Typhoons would be cool if they decrease sight ranges for example and maybe lower movement speed of infantry. They would also bring back rain and thunder effects which i really miss from coh1 (stormy semois :blush:).
2 Mar 2014, 10:06 AM

There would still be "thick snow" in the form of epic amounts of mud. And you could have storms that decrease sight/movement/accuracy.

I'm unsure how they could add in like a Bonsai charge though... Adding a charge option could be awkward... It could also be hard to balance as a new mechanic for CoH.

Edit: I guess you could add it in as like a "units charging take X% extra damage, once in combat, both units take damage slowly, and can't fire at anything but each other."
2 Mar 2014, 10:35 AM

Why wehrmacht? it would have almost the same units as Ostheer, so nope.
2 Mar 2014, 11:16 AM

Why wehrmacht? it would have almost the same units as Ostheer, so nope.

Because bikes, nebelwerfer and puma can rape the fuck out of Soviet. :)
2 Mar 2014, 12:11 PM

I'm thinking that they might go down the same root as Company of Heroes. For example they didn't really add a new nation to the Germans, instead they just added another army (Panzer Elite). So I hope they keep the same nations and just add a different army option to play as.

Shifting to another theatre entirely would be quite strange, but no doubt quite a few people would like to see a major shift. I'm not one of them.
2 Mar 2014, 12:30 PM

Would a new theatre be a problem? They should make it so that you don't have to play against new factions if you don't have the expansion. So not the coh1 way but two separate auto matches (which you can search in simultaneously).

Having multiple theatres would also fit for a game about a WORLD war :p
2 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM

I'd rather want to see Ostheer & Soviet Union with CoH1 engine MVGame
2 Mar 2014, 12:57 PM

Please only under the condition that USA and SU can't play together.
2 Mar 2014, 16:12 PM

Would a new theatre be a problem? They should make it so that you don't have to play against new factions if you don't have the expansion. So not the coh1 way but two separate auto matches (which you can search in simultaneously).

Having multiple theatres would also fit for a game about a WORLD war :p

The problem with your suggestion is you would dilute an already quite small player base. They would need to find a way to attract significantly more people to the franchise in order to make this successful I think.
2 Mar 2014, 16:26 PM

I think it would be better to bring in just one new faction with the expansion. This would make it easier to balance against the old factions. And surely the next faction should be Finland/Soumi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War
It seems that the finns had wery few tanks. But - "Finnish soldiers were skilled in cross-country skiing."
2 Mar 2014, 17:06 PM

I would love to see WW2 in Africa! Call of Duty 2 was very nice. COH with sand.. wow!

P.S. I did not vote but everything is welcome!
2 Mar 2014, 20:43 PM

More than likely it will be yanks v panzer elite in the battle of the bulge unless sega grab relic by the scruff of the neck and make do a jap faction.

Might get brits v Africa corps maybe brits v japs In Burma or if they go for yanks v japs do market garden brits v panzer elite that way they can make Canadian units
2 Mar 2014, 21:32 PM

With so much work needed to be done with the factions in CoH2. Why shoot for another front when one game isn't finished?

2 Mar 2014, 21:40 PM

BOOORING!

Should be specific armies with specific theme, like PE or Guards or marine centered army for soviets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★