Login

russian armor

Balance vCoH Trolololo

PAGES (11)down
23 Feb 2013, 17:37 PM

Yes, many times yes. On the condition that someone like Seb or/and Kolaris could oversee it and keep thing dispassionate and precise.
23 Feb 2013, 18:55 PM

23 Feb 2013, 20:19 PM

Even if a few bugs were fixed the 2.602 meta game would still be stale, unless this was going to be some pretty substantial rebalancing.
23 Feb 2013, 21:20 PM

I would play the shit out of a balance mod if there were other decent players on it.. I still love the vCoH matchup with all its flaws.
23 Feb 2013, 23:42 PM

I admit that in the back of my mind I was ok with the idea of CoH2 being scrapped or failing if it meant the community would finally go forward with a balance mod for vCoH
24 Feb 2013, 01:13 AM

There will always be, or at least for a long time there will be, a vCoH community. Once it gets small enough, a community balance mod would be excellent. I intend to keep playing vCoH regardless of CoH2, even more so if CoH2 balance is as bad as I'm sort of expecting it to be at the start.
24 Feb 2013, 01:37 AM

im up for a balance mod.
24 Feb 2013, 05:19 AM

I dont see why there isn't a tournament balance mod for no brainer changes. Like, you can play automatch if you want, but for tournaments you have to use a mod with tweaks, that for example make countersnipes hit 100% of the time.
24 Feb 2013, 14:38 PM

I dont see why there isn't a tournament balance mod for no brainer changes. Like, you can play automatch if you want, but for tournaments you have to use a mod with tweaks, that for example make countersnipes hit 100% of the time.

That's because there are but a few real no-brainers, and 100% countersnipe is not one of them.
24 Feb 2013, 15:02 PM

The changes proposed are well thought , one more proposal about the cp costs of armor company . rhs : 1 cp , 2cps , 3 cps because calli comes vey late at 7 cps , lhs : 2 cps , 2 cps , 4 cps or 1cp , 2cps , 4cps .
24 Feb 2013, 20:03 PM

that one balance mod that was posted on GR is a joke. and pretty much every balance will be a joke in someones eyes.

apart from bugfixes, almost all balance changes are heavily contested, even in the vanilla matchup.
24 Feb 2013, 21:12 PM

Give the Wehr Officer a rocket launcher, give Jeeps a weapon that isn't a water pistol, and make all doctrinal infantry units shirtless. Oh, and remove brits from the game.

There. CoH is now balanced.
24 Feb 2013, 21:19 PM

Nice list, Rocky!
While I agree with most of it, there are some changes that I'm definitely against. Most notably among them is making Inspired Assault effect support weapons. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be so in an earlier patch, however since vet 3 wehr snipers receive a -40% reload buff, it's just too powerful.
24 Feb 2013, 21:29 PM

add mirror matches and remove everything BUT the brits pls... also, remove restriction that recon squads can't build trenches... how lame is it that you CAN'T construct a virtually indestructable, free "bunker" on the opponents cut off point (while it's still under his control) with your initial unit?!

well... if you remove anything but brits, cut-offs don't matter anymore anyway ;-)

but, tbh.... i'd love to see a brit vs. brit mirror match.... trench warfare ;-)
24 Feb 2013, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2013, 15:02 PMkafrion
The changes proposed are well thought , one more proposal about the cp costs of armor company . rhs : 1 cp , 2cps , 3 cps because calli comes vey late at 7 cps , lhs : 2 cps , 2 cps , 4 cps or 1cp , 2cps , 4cps .

Yes raid being at 2cp's is a bit silly for what is probably one of the weakest abilities (along with inspired assault) don't know why I didn't think of that. I see no need to change lhs though.

I would love to play a balance vCoh mod (can somebody finally fix the darn M10 misfire plox?)

The 'only' thing that is needed: a SNF tournament, so enough people will actually be interested in playing the vCoh mod.
24 Feb 2013, 23:18 PM

Nice list, Rocky!
While I agree with most of it, there are some changes that I'm definitely against. Most notably among them is making Inspired Assault effect support weapons. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be so in an earlier patch, however since vet 3 wehr snipers receive a -40% reload buff, it's just too powerful.

Yeah, (negative) Cooldown stacking should stay the same as it is. (Man it's been a long time since I created that list, so I don't recall why I actually wrote it down in that way.)

I just want to make it so that you can use it on MG's (and Mortars?) aswell. Might be too powerful but I don't think so. Actually needs testing that one.

Considering that it's currently a 'shoot in your own foot' ability in most situations, I just want(ed) to make it an option to use early game, you know, when the CP pops out. (Not FTFLuseful though)

100% countersnipe is the best incentive too blob, attack move snipers.
25 Feb 2013, 01:56 AM

Any mod should start small, addressing only the top 2-3 issues + bugfixes and working its way up as people play it and its own metagame develops.

When I'm looking at whether I want to to commit to a mod, in any game, 1 bad change is worth about 5 good ones. I don't know if other people think the same way, but it's why I encourage starting with only the 100% obvious issues.

(For me those would be Snipers and Staghounds, but even figuring out how to fix them isn't 100% obvious)

And yes M10 misfire can be fixed in a mod
25 Feb 2013, 07:41 AM
Coder Red Badge

The problem is, you can't just fix one thing here and one thing there and be sure it's going to automatically make the game better. If you fix the Stag's MG reload, you need to buff Brits in other areas to compensate. Brits have a hard enough time as it is with the reload bug. Same is true of AC detection.

There's a reason 2.602 took so long to come together. Balancing a game is a snowball; you think you can start small until you realize your changes are screwing with things you didn't even know they would affect. The best designers know when to call it quits and be happy with the result. I personally think 2.602 is extremely well balanced, definitely the best balance I've seen in the 4 years I've played CoH.

Just keep in mind that changes are always going to have hidden ramifications that you don't anticipate, and rectifying those issues will introduce even more. It's a vicious cycle.
25 Feb 2013, 07:55 AM

I didn't go through all the notes and havn't played any patches prior to 2.602, but it does seem pretty balanced over all.

The things I would change are fix misfire bug, longer sniper reload time by 1-2secs, stags up-gun is stupid and PE schimwagon to have the same health as kets.
25 Feb 2013, 11:37 AM

ketten and schwimm have same health and same target_type... it's the hitbox that is broken.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS