Login

russian armor

Balance vCoH Trolololo

PAGES (11)down
13 Jan 2013, 23:41 PM

We all know, that current patch isn't balanced at all, even in last SNF (AimSSSSStrong vs Devm) all 5 WM games won

balance CoH or i will troll it
13 Jan 2013, 23:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Poor US play. That is all.
14 Jan 2013, 00:15 AM

If both factions had maphack, WM would win. So when players get better and better, and they near that point of making up for the lack of maphack in skill, WM will also get more and more favored. That's my take.

14 Jan 2013, 00:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Grenades are bad vs. good players. TD rush is poor. No flanks even attempted really. MG Emplacements to protect +3manpower income. etc. etc. Poor US play.
14 Jan 2013, 00:20 AM

14 Jan 2013, 01:51 AM

I saw 3 of the 5 games in the match, and the US play was consistently suboptimal. An all-or-nothing Sherman while instead an M8 could have been on the field before Wehr AT, and much safer. An MG emplacement to protect the cutoff point that was getting decapped even under emplacement fire, and didn't have many connected resources anyway. Very late or nonexistent Triage Centers leading to the need to retreat earlier in every battle.

Did you see DevM previously dominate completely as US? That was good US play. Today both DevM and Aimstrong clearly were better at playing Wehr than US.
14 Jan 2013, 03:21 AM
Coder Red Badge

If you look past the results, you'll see how horrible the US play was today. The series says nothing about balance.
14 Jan 2013, 15:32 PM

When WM don't make major mistakes in game, it's nearly impossible to lose

It's not "poor US play", it's all about early inbalance, US have way too much units upkeep cost and rifles reinf costs 27 while WM volks 22

Puma, same cost as M8, better vs all kind of infantry, when up gunned kills can kill easily M8 and little harder M10

half US units are useless and never build, like HT or MG (talking about 1v1, WSC start doesn't count)

doctrinal infantry units are useless, rangers dies like pricks, losses bazooka every two man died because of thompsons upgreade, and even so, bazookas has so low accuracy and penetration... paras recoils costs way too much, usually misses targets like pumas, great penetration but still shit damage, and ofc way too high reinforce cost (44MP for useless unit? no thanks)

Calliope comes to game after 7 CP? wtf is that? like two weeks ago i played CoH on version 1.0 didn't know that Calliope was a second ability to unlock (pershing was after calli)

We had a chance to balance CoH by our community and we did almost nothing to improve gameplay, who the hell was even balancing it?

You know why i'm playing only Wm in 1v1? Because US is a shit faction to play
14 Jan 2013, 16:59 PM

It was not just yesterday WM victories have really increased.We have seen that in all SNF 4 contenders bout
14 Jan 2013, 17:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think WM is favoured in the top tier games certainly but I think going grenades vs someone as good as Aimstrong is stupid and poor play. I think trying to go Rax-WSC-TD is just piss poor and obviously won't work against any kind of standard WM play. I think losing a Sniper deep in enemy territory to a counter-snipe which was just non-hold-fire is horrible.

I also think that playing so passively with US infantry early game then hoping to recover through a WSC is clearly not going to work. If you play a passive first few minutes then you need the impact from rifle upgrades - BARs really against anyone with half decent micro.

US has to establish a lead through early-game pressure and then make it costly for the WM to regain parity in map control. In this series neither player really did that.
14 Jan 2013, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

Barton looking for some easy excuses for his poor US play. As for yesterday's games - I was really dissappointed with US play. Razor summed it up very well. Every game the same doc.
14 Jan 2013, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2013, 17:17 PMThrill
Barton looking for some easy excuses for his poor US play. As for yesterday's games - I was really dissappointed with US play. Razor summed it up very well. Every game the same doc.

I'm no looking for excuses, USA is just UP faction in early game and this sucks, each other faction has good early but not them

14 Jan 2013, 18:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Clearly untrue.
14 Jan 2013, 18:35 PM

I have to agree on the Riflemen reinforce cost tbh. It's one of the reasons snipers are so insanely strong. Especially since, at a high level, the most 'reliable' way to kill one is with your own sniper. And even then, against a good player it's going to be almost impossible.
14 Jan 2013, 19:22 PM

I have to agree on the Riflemen reinforce cost tbh. It's one of the reasons snipers are so insanely strong. Especially since, at a high level, the most 'reliable' way to kill one is with your own sniper. And even then, against a good player it's going to be almost impossible.

and before you get countersnipe, you have to waste additional fuel and manpower and time to build wsc.... and usually then WM can build T3
14 Jan 2013, 19:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Well now you're getting into theorycrafting and making illogical points. It is hardly a waste to spend the WSC cost to get a Sniper if you get the counter-snipe and then snipe a few more units off. If that is a waste then the teching cost to T3 is a waste for WM as they can just run their Pumas into mines and then the US has a TD or MP up.
14 Jan 2013, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2013, 19:36 PM12azor
Well now you're getting into theorycrafting and making illogical points. It is hardly a waste to spend the WSC cost to get a Sniper if you get the counter-snipe and then snipe a few more units off. If that is a waste then the teching cost to T3 is a waste for WM as they can just run their Pumas into mines and then the US has a TD or MP up.

auw god Razor.... play tutorial
14 Jan 2013, 19:49 PM
Donator 11

Barton you sound like Rocky :D
14 Jan 2013, 22:08 PM

i sound like Barton MVGame
15 Jan 2013, 05:51 AM

Its the WM sniper thats the problem. Its now present in almost all WM builds and good players will protect it with mines. BEFORE 2.602 going Bars and making Big flanks early was the way to go coz 3 cloak shot paks MVGame and volks costed same as rifles, so wher player could take a lot of Manpower damage from early bars.

NOW volks cost less, snipers are insane, mgs are improved. Generally WM tier 1 is nearly unflankable

so now mostly people favor tech since pak is also nerfed. BUT the m8 cannot dish out enough manpower damage and maintain map presence to hinder WM vet and Tech.. As a result there are more WM victories.

Im afraid this is how coh will remain from now on since COH2 is on the horizon
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight