Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
6 Mar 2014, 20:37 PM

"simply moving backwards destroys that tactic. or some support"

Look you DO know how to Counter Ram! MVGame.

Unless you have vet 1 that's not possible. and even if you do you still need lighting reflexes
6 Mar 2014, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 20:37 PMJaigen

Unless you have vet 1 that's not possible. and even if you do you still need lighting reflexes

I've seen tigers with no blitz backing off successfuly from ram.
"Hey look! A T34! I better reverse a bit to be in line with grens!".

No rocket science, no lightning reflexes, common sense and basic micro.
6 Mar 2014, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 20:37 PMJaigen

So you're saying that a sov player is able to back his is2 away from p4s coming to circle it, yet a German player is incapable of doing the exact same thing with his tigers/panthers for an incoming ram?? Do you even read what it is that you're typing? This is insane lol

I suggest you spend a week and use all of your forum trolling time to practice microing and you'll probably never get rammed again making your entire forum trolling campaign unnecessary in the first place. So it's a win win! You learn to beat ram and you can also make all of our brains stop bleeding from reading your posts and trying to comprehend them :p

Oh how I do like a win win situation!!!
6 Mar 2014, 22:53 PM

There's nothing more that needs to be said here. Ram is a stupid but presently necessary gimmick. Remove ram and give soviets more AT in other areas, either in the form of infantry AT or upgunning the T34. End of story.
6 Mar 2014, 22:54 PM

First time I've actually laughed out loud whilst reading this thread...

The rest of the time I just sigh in disbelief at the ridiculous, self-contradicting arguments and points Jaigen and his followers keep coming up with.
6 Mar 2014, 22:54 PM

I've seen tigers with no blitz backing off successfuly from ram.
"Hey look! A T34! I better reverse a bit to be in line with grens!".

No rocket science, no lightning reflexes, common sense and basic micro.

post a view replays. and i want a truckload of the stuff your smoking.
6 Mar 2014, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 22:54 PMJaigen

If you spent half as much of the effort you do spamming posts like these with inflammatory "nerf this, nerf that" arguments on actually improving your play and micro, you wouldn't have any reason to rage, cause you'd be able to avoid the situations you complain so adamantly about.

You might even gain a small modicum of credibility cause then people might believe you're not just a fanboy, and that isn't just merely your lack of skill that is letting you down.
6 Mar 2014, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 22:53 PMShazz
There's nothing more that needs to be said here. Ram is a stupid but presently necessary gimmick. Remove ram and give soviets more AT in other areas, either in the form of infantry AT or upgunning the T34. End of story.

/Thread

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 22:54 PMNeph

First time I've actually laughed out loud whilst reading this thread...

The rest of the time I just sigh in disbelief at the ridiculous, self-contradicting arguments and points Jaigen and his followers keep coming up with.

I´m surprise people keep answering to the guy.
6 Mar 2014, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 22:54 PMJaigen

Even better, go check ATRs casts and look for my 2v2 cast, exactly that situation occurred there so you can go and look for yourself. That won't pop a bias bubble you've got yourself enveloped with, but at least you will be hit in the face by a brick of hard fact with video evidence, something you are unable to provide yourself to back your silly arguments up.
6 Mar 2014, 23:45 PM

^That and gg.

PD: Hatter went mad, again lol
7 Mar 2014, 04:25 AM

Yet you totally misunderstood the entire point of my example from using ram myself.

Noone is saying you can. Simply that the mechanic of T-34s, in a 1v1 situation, rendering Tigers useless in a diceroll is a really bad mechanic, that itself dosent promote skill.

Goes without saying. That dosent change the mechanic of ram itself, wich you seemed to agree was a bad one just a couple pages ago.

Its a huge difference between pulling of a ram, and a kill. Though I think we both agree that if you saved up for your armys most expensive tank, you will probably be weaker in regards to the rest of you army, compared to the guy who just wasted his cheapest.

Obvioulsy, in the form of enemies exploiting your exposed flanks and outmanouevering you. Prefferably not by the enemy light tank driving into you frontally to render your tank useless.

Not all people of course, but the ones who cant discuss without making assumptions about me, and my "love" for certain unspecified units, obviously are. As you said yourself:you hate ram, yet here you are arguing against me, even though it seems like we agree on most points.

I will answer it with Shazz's comment because it perfectly illustrates the situation:

On the side note. I write my comments in context, and they should be read and answered as such. Trying to defeat points out of context (one by one) means that one is trying to win argument not argue the point.
7 Mar 2014, 04:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 18:38 PMJaigen

What makes you believe that if you spam a cheap generalist tank that you don't deserve to be completely thrashed by a tiger or panther. fact is soviets are currently even worse then the am faction when it comes to easy mode.. spam 2 units and your done no skill required. the fact is so many fanboys among the soviet side are defending is ability gives a clue how ridiculous this ability is.

Games are getting more boring and boring as of late. all you see is con spam with t-34's.

At worst ram decide a game but just worse even if the soviet player plays like an idiot you can capitalize on it. you need crawl with the at support behind a tiger or panther and it allows the soviets to have the time to build adequate AT abilities. if i spam p4's and the is comes out i have no time as the is will simply park itself on my most important points and destroys every p4 send against it.

Oh, sorry. I see where the problem is. You spamm P4's and they get raped by IS2, naturally you think that Tiger should rape t34's the same way?

I agree, I am sure if you spam T34's against Tiger, result will be exactly as you wish for Tiger to perform.

Now the easiest way to overcome this problem is for you to play Soviets, and I am sure Tiger will perform outstandingly, just as good if not better then IS2

You are welcome
7 Mar 2014, 05:57 AM

Soviets wouldn't be so reliant on Ram if they were able to access T3 and T4 feasibly in the same game.

Can't we just make it cheaper for Soviets to backtech/sidetech later in the game? It'd probably make this shit so much easier to balance because the Reds can actually get their whole tech tree (omg, wtf, no way).

I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody likes the amount of RNG bullshit that comes with Ram ability.
7 Mar 2014, 08:48 AM

I will answer it with Shazz's comment because it perfectly illustrates the situation:

Something wich we seemed to agree about a couple pages ago. Again, I have no idea how you got this worked upp, but I see no point in arguing for the sake of arguing. We seem to agree about ram for the most part. We could either leave it at that, or you could start bringing up irrelevancies to argue about, like you just did.

On the side note. I write my comments in context, and they should be read and answered as such. Trying to defeat points out of context (one by one) means that one is trying to win argument not argue the point.

FYI: you split those paragraphs up yourself, and I answered them in the order you listed them. You are kind of grasping at straws when you start criticising me for answering your post the way you divided it yourself.
7 Mar 2014, 12:41 PM

Soviets wouldn't be so reliant on Ram if they were able to access T3 and T4 feasibly in the same game.

Can't we just make it cheaper for Soviets to backtech/sidetech later in the game? It'd probably make this shit so much easier to balance because the Reds can actually get their whole tech tree (omg, wtf, no way).

I think I speak for everyone when I say nobody likes the amount of RNG bullshit that comes with Ram ability.

Everybody is pissed of with me "just as planned". The best solution this problem is this. a soon as you build tier 3 or 4 the other building gets a 50 fuel reduction. this allows the soviets to rely on both buildings.
and
7 Mar 2014, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 12:41 PMJaigen

Everybody is pissed of with me "just as planned". The best solution this problem is this. a soon as you build tier 3 or 4 the other building gets a 50 fuel reduction. this allows the soviets to rely on both buildings.

Nah, too complicated. Reduce fuel costs of both T3 and T4, but increase building time.
7 Mar 2014, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2014, 13:55 PMand

Nah, too complicated. Reduce fuel costs of both T3 and T4, but increase building time.

Would lead to rushes. so that's not an option. currently teching is about equal and i like to keep it that way
7 Mar 2014, 14:35 PM

^That and gg.

PD: Hatter went mad, again lol

I lol'd :p
7 Mar 2014, 14:38 PM

moving backwards only counters if you are already far and manage to get a premature rammer on the enemy team. you cant out revrse a t34 at ram speed. Nothing Germans have can stop a t34 from ramming unless its already at low health. Not saying ram is super op but it doesnt require any sort of micro to use get close ram. Only thing that can stop a competent rammer is luck and smoke.
7 Mar 2014, 14:45 PM

+1

Already said, but /thread.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment