Ram

PAGES (10)down
4 Mar 2014, 16:06 PM

No AT in T3? Increase the penetration of the SU-76

SU-76 is T4 you know....
4 Mar 2014, 18:14 PM

No AT in T3? Increase the penetration of the SU-76

lol failfish

But it wouldnt be bad to have the SU76 in T3.
4 Mar 2014, 18:49 PM

Cool. Thats your right. I feel sorry for the P4 TBH (T34/85 LOL, T34/76 with mark vehicle LOL, always able to AT nade it without it bouncing at Vet 0/1, Ram always working on it at Vet 0/1).

On the other hand the P5 is stupidly effective (veritable immunity to a frontal AT nade, Able to bounce Zis shots, Faster then a F1, as many HPs as an IS2, Ram resistant) . It shouldnt be able to be spammed like it is considering how hard it is to take out a single P5.

Once again. its not a sound strat to put all your money on one tank. The reason i no longer use the tiger or panther. 60% of all the rams will penetrate the panther. so it is resistant but only slightly so. not to mention this tank is dedicated AT. its role very limited for such price.
4 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2014, 18:49 PMJaigen

Once again. its not a sound strat to put all your money on one tank. The reason i no longer use the tiger or panther. 60% of all the rams will penetrate the panther. so it is resistant but only slightly so. not to mention this tank is dedicated AT. its role very limited for such price.

Maybe you should just stick with infantry if you believe ram is so powerful. That way you're 100% immune!!! :rolleyes:

4 Mar 2014, 21:15 PM

Dont...open...up...the squad whipe....diccussion....
4 Mar 2014, 21:27 PM

Dont...open...up...the squad whipe....diccussion....in...a...ram...thread

Fixed for ultimate accuracy.

Some people will never learn to not engage AI weapons with inf.
5 Mar 2014, 00:48 AM

All well and good. As it seems we both agree that the AT-gap should be filled by something less awkward and more tacticly interesting than ram I dont se any reason to argue further. I honestly think your las line says more about you than it does about me though.

Hey, you brought up example of how easy it is to ram Tiger in the ass in narrow street. I don't see how me mentioning combined arms reflects on me, rather than on your bias example.
You asked why people don't see problem with ram, most do. But not in way you represent it.
See you find problem being ram in isolation, an awkward and tactically uninteresting ability.

I find the problem with ram to be other awkward units and abilities as well, that cannot be excluded.

Why would someone use combined arms if you can negate skilled player taking up positions with simple click of the button, like strafing run that hangs for 5 min?

There goes your button and at nade, leaving those SU85's pretty much defenseless vs Panther/PG's

If you cannot see the larger problem in game design, then as you said: 'its pointless to talk anymore'
5 Mar 2014, 09:01 AM

Hey, you brought up example of how easy it is to ram Tiger in the ass in narrow street. I don't see how me mentioning combined arms reflects on me, rather than on your bias example.

Im sorry, you got it all wrong. I brought upp an example of how luring the enemy into that street wasnt easy at all, and how much I enjpyed ramming that Tiger when I did a lot of planning and positioning to set up the ambush. Point was, when I realised that I didnt have to do anything of that, and could just have rammed him head on anyways, ramming wasnt fun anymore.

You asked why people don't see problem with ram, most do. But not in way you represent it.
See you find problem being ram in isolation, an awkward and tactically uninteresting ability.

I think what I did ask was why some of you cant discuss issues like this without getting all defensive, and asuming a lot about other people. I didnt know how sensitive some people are.

I find the problem with ram to be other awkward units and abilities as well, that cannot be excluded.

Why would someone use combined arms if you can negate skilled player taking up positions with simple click of the button, like strafing run that hangs for 5 min?

There goes your button and at nade, leaving those SU85's pretty much defenseless vs Panther/PG's

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Im no fan of straferuns, and there are a lot of units and abilities I have voiced an oppinion in other threads. Thing is, this is the "ram"-thread, as I am sure you have noticed. Bringing up the problems with ram therefore would be quite natural in my oppinion.

If you cannot see the larger problem in game design, then as you said: 'its pointless to talk anymore'

You just keep going dont you? I have talked about different shortcomings of the game at countless occations, the Soviet faction in particulair. I have stated several times that whatever happens to ram the Soviet faction should be compensated, and I have been verry critical of a lot of the design decitions of the game. This is the thread called "ram" though. Should give you an idea why I comment on the ram ability.
5 Mar 2014, 12:43 PM

Fixed for ultimate accuracy.

Some people will never learn to not engage AI weapons with inf.

It is the stupidity of COH2 super hard counter, Airborne can headon Ostwind, PE P4 having no problem.

Infantry is the backbone of vCOH, now in COH2 they just die like flies in late game.
6 Mar 2014, 11:17 AM

Im sorry, you got it all wrong. I brought upp an example of how luring the enemy into that street wasnt easy at all, and how much I enjpyed ramming that Tiger when I did a lot of planning and positioning to set up the ambush. Point was, when I realised that I didnt have to do anything of that, and could just have rammed him head on anyways, ramming wasnt fun anymore.

I think what I did ask was why some of you cant discuss issues like this without getting all defensive, and asuming a lot about other people. I didnt know how sensitive some people are.

I didn't misread your comment or got it wrong.

What I am saying is: you cannot just go on ramming any tiger you see. You can attempt to, but most good players will just inflict a lot of MP and resources drain on you, if you go on ramming their well supported Tigers/Panthers.

Unless you plan your attack well, and execute it well, and have sufficient force to back up the ram and finish of the target tank. The only thing that will get hurt is ramming T34, Panther/Tiger gets repaired straight away.

So your analogy of how you don't have to think about anything and just press ram button is bias, in my opinion.

If you go around marauding with Tiger, get rammed and lose your Tiger. Well you deserve it.

So people disagreeing with you are defensive and angry? And you are calm and rational, I see
6 Mar 2014, 11:51 AM

Permanently Banned
RAM and RNG's (of the 2 sides) is too unreal...

6 Mar 2014, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 11:51 AMBravus
RAM and RNG's (of the 2 sides) is too unreal...

Just as "aimed shot that stuns the crew"
Just as german tanks jet engines
Just as units standing in flames/flamethrowers and not changing into human torches instantly
Just as halftrack being able to survive a direct IS-2, ISU-152 shot
And so on and so forth.

The game is supposed to be immerse, not realistic.
6 Mar 2014, 12:02 PM

Permanently Banned
The german's tank's get real great engines, but the soviet's, when they click RAM, in real life, the engine smoke huahuahua
6 Mar 2014, 12:06 PM

Just as "aimed shot that stuns the crew"
Just as german tanks jet engines
Just as units standing in flames/flamethrowers and not changing into human torches instantly
Just as halftrack being able to survive a direct IS-2, ISU-152 shot
And so on and so forth.

The game is supposed to be immerse, not realistic.

Just as "aimed shot that stuns the crew" - VERY REALISTIC. I suggest you stay in a tank while another shoots at your tank's turret without destroying it. You will not know your name for 2 days.
Just as german tanks jet engines - German tanks were using GASOLINE not DIESEL as soviet tanks, remember?
Just as units standing in flames/flamethrowers and not changing into human torches instantly - No problem. I'll come with my pios and instantly flame your shocks. How about that?!
Just as halftrack being able to survive a direct IS-2, ISU-152 shot - Just as a T34 being able to survive a Tiger shot.
And so on and so forth.
6 Mar 2014, 17:08 PM

I didn't misread your comment or got it wrong.

Yet you totally misunderstood the entire point of my example from using ram myself.

What I am saying is: you cannot just go on ramming any tiger you see. You can attempt to, but most good players will just inflict a lot of MP and resources drain on you, if you go on ramming their well supported Tigers/Panthers.

Noone is saying you can. Simply that the mechanic of T-34s, in a 1v1 situation, rendering Tigers useless in a diceroll is a really bad mechanic, that itself dosent promote skill.

Unless you plan your attack well, and execute it well, and have sufficient force to back up the ram and finish of the target tank. The only thing that will get hurt is ramming T34, Panther/Tiger gets repaired straight away.

Goes without saying. That dosent change the mechanic of ram itself, wich you seemed to agree was a bad one just a couple pages ago.

So your analogy of how you don't have to think about anything and just press ram button is bias, in my opinion.

Its a huge difference between pulling of a ram, and a kill. Though I think we both agree that if you saved up for your armys most expensive tank, you will probably be weaker in regards to the rest of you army, compared to the guy who just wasted his cheapest.

If you go around marauding with Tiger, get rammed and lose your Tiger. Well you deserve it.

Obvioulsy, in the form of enemies exploiting your exposed flanks and outmanouevering you. Prefferably not by the enemy light tank driving into you frontally to render your tank useless.

So people disagreeing with you are defensive and angry? And you are calm and rational, I see

Not all people of course, but the ones who cant discuss without making assumptions about me, and my "love" for certain unspecified units, obviously are. As you said yourself:you hate ram, yet here you are arguing against me, even though it seems like we agree on most points.
6 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM

What makes you believe that if you spam a cheap generalist tank that you don't deserve to be completely thrashed by a tiger or panther. fact is soviets are currently even worse then the am faction when it comes to easy mode.. spam 2 units and your done no skill required. the fact is so many fanboys among the soviet side are defending is ability gives a clue how ridiculous this ability is.

Games are getting more boring and boring as of late. all you see is con spam with t-34's.

At worst ram decide a game but just worse even if the soviet player plays like an idiot you can capitalize on it. you need crawl with the at support behind a tiger or panther and it allows the soviets to have the time to build adequate AT abilities. if i spam p4's and the is comes out i have no time as the is will simply park itself on my most important points and destroys every p4 send against it.
6 Mar 2014, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2014, 18:38 PMJaigen

What makes you believe that if you spam a cheap generalist tank that you don't deserve to be completely thrashed by a tiger or panther. fact is soviets are currently even worse then the am faction when it comes to easy mode.. spam 2 units and your done no skill required. the fact is so many fanboys among the soviet side are defending is ability gives a clue how ridiculous this ability is.

Games are getting more boring and boring as of late. all you see is con spam with t-34's.

At worst ram decide a game but just worse even if the soviet player plays like an idiot you can capitalize on it. you need crawl with the at support behind a tiger or panther and it allows the soviets to have the time to build adequate AT abilities. if i spam p4's and the is comes out i have no time as the is will simply park itself on my most important points and destroys every p4 send against it.

Your only fla.... Never mind there are tons of flaws. But the biggest one is that a p4 (especially at vet1) can supposedly circle strafe the turret rotation (I havnt looked at the numbers myself so I can just go off of other sources but with nos its surely capable) on an is2. So actually having two p4s take out a lone is2 is even easier than 2 t34s taking out a lone tiger (especially if they rely on lolram). So once again all you're showing with your examples is the superiority of German armor :p silly fanboy
6 Mar 2014, 19:55 PM

Your only fla.... Never mind there are tons of flaws. But the biggest one is that a p4 (especially at vet1) can supposedly circle strafe the turret rotation (I havnt looked at the numbers myself so I can just go off of other sources but with nos its surely capable) on an is2. So actually having two p4s take out a lone is2 is even easier than 2 t34s taking out a lone tiger (especially if they rely on lolram). So once again all you're showing with your examples is the superiority of German armor :p silly fanboy

simply moving backwards destroys that tactic. or some support
6 Mar 2014, 20:10 PM

"simply moving backwards destroys that tactic. or some support"

Look you DO know how to Counter Ram! MVGame.

6 Mar 2014, 20:20 PM

But he don't want to do it, because "germun superior space tankz".
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS