Login

russian armor

Assgrens are worthless with 320MP

22 Feb 2014, 05:32 AM

the best thing about a-grens to me is the 5 man squad size. it makes them so much more survivable unlike the paltry 4 man nonsense.
22 Feb 2014, 05:44 AM

After watching the clip it's my opinion that, as per usual, Porygon is just spewing hyperbole.

If the Assgrens had won this engagement I would say things were unbalanced. They were unsupported and constantly moving. Assgrens are for flanking, taking out weapon teams and holding the fuel in the early game.

Do you actually know what are you talking about?

(1) If Assgren is for flanking, why don't I do with anything else? but do with a 1.5 expensive unit and decrease my early unit count?

(2) If Assgren is for taking out weapon teams, why don't I do with PG, which can do the job 10 times better and faster, but locking myself into a doctrine and gambling opening?

(3) You say "they were unsupported and constantly moving", so at this stage of game can Ostheer having any support for this two Assgrens? Are you suggesting they need support before attacking anything? Funny, cons has taken half of the map already. Isn't their role is to jump on their enemy and shoot at their face? Their MP40 were complete useless out of short range.
22 Feb 2014, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 18:53 PMPorygon

320 MP just die like flies to cons?

Countering assgrens 3 steps:

(1) Run
(2) Spread
(3) Focus fire

Done

The only thing that this video tells us is that you want to cap points and kill Cons from distance while you are capping at the same time.

sorry but terrible micro.

You had 2 squads of ass-grens and didn't manage to chase of single Con squad, you cannot blame ass-grens for that.
Most other guys wouldn't just stay in range of 3 different Con squads for 60 seconds without closing in on one
22 Feb 2014, 05:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The only thing that this video tells us is that you want to cap points and kill Cons from distance while you are capping at the same time.

sorry but terrible micro.

You had 2 squads of ass-grens and didn't manage to chase of single Con squad, you cannot blame ass-grens for that.
Most other guys wouldn't just stay in range of 3 different Con squads for 60 seconds without closing in on one

He's the Soviet player in the video, just so you know.
22 Feb 2014, 06:06 AM

He's the Soviet player in the video, just so you know.

Then I don't see why he is complaining about ass grens. He did good micro, had 3 squads (720 mp) vs terribly played 640 MP worth of ass-grens.
And still he almost lost squad of Cons.

If you cannot win engagements like that, than what is there left to do? write GG when you see ass-grens show up?

Point remains, German player in the video did absolutely horrible. I mean he stayed for 60 secs facing ranged fire from cons.

Ok, I see. He is explaining how to deal with Ass grens. It sounded like a rant with worthless in the heading

My bad
22 Feb 2014, 10:39 AM

Do Assault Grens also get a x0.5 accuracy penalty for fireing on the move ? If yes then it migth should be removed.

Other then that I think thier grenades are too weak. I dunno why Relic thinks that 5 Stielhandgranate are effective as 1 soviet nade.
22 Feb 2014, 11:45 AM

Nah, their accuracy doesn't get affected by movement.
22 Feb 2014, 13:07 PM

Do Assault Grens also get a x0.5 accuracy penalty for fireing on the move ? If yes then it migth should be removed.

Other then that I think thier grenades are too weak. I dunno why Relic thinks that 5 Stielhandgranate are effective as 1 soviet nade.

You mean molotov is to effective vs infantry that is designed to be deadly on the move and close range?
22 Feb 2014, 13:15 PM

Funny thing is, until Elite Troops got introduced, I thought their grenades were the stun grenades. I supposed it's easy to think that though, when you see them toss 5 grenades into a group of people and only one dies, it's easy to assume they're not actually throwing real grenades.

45 Mun for 1-2 kills, perhaps one of the most underwhelming abilities there is. No wonder PG's only use bundled grenades, and those suck too! Maybe Ostheer should just give up on their crap 'nades and raid Soviet grenade caches for some RG-42's and sweet sweet RGD-33's.
Neo
22 Feb 2014, 13:48 PM

This video is confusing given the title of the thread.

You have the German player with 640MP worth of AGrens fighting 720MP worth of cons.

Despite terrible micro, the German units kill 6 conscript models during the fight while the Soviet player kills 4 models (not counting retarded late retreat through molotov). The German player doesn't retreat 1 squad in time while also retreating a full 5 man squad...

The only thing this proves is that AGrens are worthless when used badly... like every other unit in the game.

/Close thread
24 Feb 2014, 05:54 AM

buff the nades, problem solved.
24 Feb 2014, 09:09 AM

Ass grens start with a very weak weapon and the only reason they wins is because of that extra man they have. they really need an upgrade late game by replacing their mp40's with mp44's for 150 ammo.
24 Feb 2014, 09:26 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 09:09 AMJaigen
Ass grens start with a very weak weapon and the only reason they wins is because of that extra man they have. they really need an upgrade late game by replacing their mp40's with mp44's for 150 ammo.

shut up and take my munition!
24 Feb 2014, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2014, 05:54 AMakula
buff the nades, problem solved.

They already are effortlessly clearing out buildings.
To me thats pretty strong already.
24 Feb 2014, 10:20 AM
Benefactor 115

The only change they need is make the nade cost depend on the amount that's actually thrown (9 per nade) instead of a fixed 45
24 Feb 2014, 13:31 PM

I'd rather they make it useful instead.
24 Feb 2014, 13:38 PM

I'd rather they make it useful instead.

In team games you meat assgrens every match. They are dangerous and if another member go with MG42 behind, they rape conscripts easy. On other side, i have no problem deal with this, if mate support me with maxim also.
Not main infantry, but as alternative opening are good.
24 Feb 2014, 19:40 PM

AGrens are very good as is. Don't fix what's not broken. Even a tiny buff would make them OP.
24 Feb 2014, 21:32 PM

I think they're fine where they are. They're powerful but can be reliably countered. Their grenade is questionable, I use it on occasion when a good opportunity presents itself, but its not like shock or guard grenades, which are pretty much always welcome.
24 Feb 2014, 22:39 PM

I think they're fine where they are. They're powerful but can be reliably countered. Their grenade is questionable, I use it on occasion when a good opportunity presents itself, but its not like shock or guard grenades, which are pretty much always welcome.
I always found the grenade to be great for clearing buildings. Better then most other single explosion grenades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★