Login

russian armor

Radio Intercept

20 Feb 2014, 11:46 AM

Are you guys really going to ignore Partisan Tactics? That commander is all about intelligence. -_-
20 Feb 2014, 12:19 PM

Germans got the same thing basically and this forum just getting ridiculous with everyone jumping on OP "nerf it" bandwagon.
The funny thing is that as I said 80% of them didn't even remember the ability exists or what it does.

German got the same thing?
20 Feb 2014, 12:42 PM

Read the topic. It's mentioned here.
20 Feb 2014, 12:56 PM

So there are a couple of doctrins which kind of counter mines. Is that a bad thing?

Yes.
Nothing can counter german superiority! They have used protoss technology after all, how in the world would soviets intercept anything other then grenadier on a bike!
20 Feb 2014, 14:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 12:56 PMKatitof

Yes.
Nothing can counter german superiority! They have used protoss technology after all, how in the world would soviets intercept anything other then grenadier on a bike!

I wouldnt be annoyed if it didnt tell me WHERE the mines has been built.
20 Feb 2014, 16:22 PM

I wouldnt be annoyed if it didnt tell me WHERE the mines has been built.

Nor would I. I do like it though. More importantly where bunkers are being built. But its pretty damn good for a no muni free skill. Late game its not as useful but it is very useful early and mid to gauge tech choices and timing.
20 Feb 2014, 16:31 PM

It is and was included in one of the strongest commanders before - the one with T-34/85 and IS-2 (Armoured Assault if I'm not mistaken).

I agrre with you Armored Assault used to be very beastly before T-34/85 adjustments. Spam maxim + Zis to T-34/85 than call in IS-2 to seal the deal, on top of that this guy also get skill planes. With this commander, If you don't get too much squad wipe, when you get T-34/85, nothing short of TA can stop your army. T-34/85 + IS-2 just steam roll everything and when things get too hot u can always throw in skill planes.
20 Feb 2014, 16:37 PM

Definitely needs a nerf. Alleging that nobody complained about it before isn't sound reasoning to shield the ability from balance changes.

Some of you guys are too funny.
20 Feb 2014, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 12:56 PMKatitof

Yes.

I find you are really the Soviet Nullist after all. All you did is trolling. <444>_<444>
20 Feb 2014, 17:13 PM

Definitely needs a nerf. Alleging that nobody complained about it before isn't sound reasoning to shield the ability from balance changes.

Some of you guys are too funny.

Nerf? Better remove and replace with another ability.
20 Feb 2014, 17:41 PM

This ability is very good as it stands, and I agree it may be slightly OP. I also feel the purpose of mines is surprise and this ability should not be able to take that away from the player. We could try allowing this doc to tell you mines are being placed (although I don't like that idea) at first. It would be nice if floating icons replaced the small audio cue and the tiny text line. Often times it is impossible to read 10 lines of text simultaneously in game as I micro.

Also can it please stop informing me that barbed wire has been built, I really don't care.

Oz just to be clear on interrogation, even if you do manage to use it, which is rare (and you have to admit that), you still need to scan over the map to see everything. If in that time you can spot the mines (and I am pretty sure it does not show them) all the power to you. I was also pretty sure it only showed icons on the minimap and no longer gave LOS to the Ost player. This ability is far more niche and comes much later than radio intercept. Also, defending an ability based on another is not a great idea. If both abilities are OP you should not be saying, well since there is one OP ability for each faction we are good to go. If an ability is OP it should be looked into. No different than the IL-2 strafe which you strongly argued should remain as is. It was OP, it needed fixing, and we are now evaluating whether that was successful or not now.
20 Feb 2014, 17:53 PM

People are really comparing an ability that requires:

- 3CP
- a 60 munitions investment which can be lost
- a dying soldier (not dead, dying) near the upgraded unit
- requires player action to use
- gives a small window of information

To:

- 0cp
- reports on everything the enemy builds for the rest of the game with 100% accuracy (bugs not withstanding)
- requires no player involvement

This has nothing to do with fanboy-isms, stop "playing the race card". This has always been an issue, it has just been mostly irrelevant because it was in the worst Soviet commander in the game and therefor didn't see the light of day. Now that it is in a good commander it merits looking into.

Passive chance to intercept at some percentage with ability to spend munitions to increase the percentage for say a minute would probably work, though the ability is pretty lazy to begin with.
20 Feb 2014, 18:36 PM

Radio intercept isn't fine, and it shouldn't be in that new doctrine to be quite honest. People who say, "herp a derp" it hasn't been touch since launch, so what? The reason why Relic haven't touched it was because it's been in awful doctrines, and yes that includes the partisans doctrine, which sucks.

To be quite honest, it shouldn't even be in the new Soviet commander, but I highly doubt that Relic will take it off. Instead they should just nerf the ability to see where the mine is especially since German mines are really expensive. I'm fine if my opponent knows I built a mine so he can upgrade to detectors, but for him exactly to know where it is, is pretty ridiculous.
20 Feb 2014, 18:56 PM

Read the topic. It's mentioned here.

Hahahaha, you SERIOUSLY mean the interrogating :D ?
Dude, 'same thing'

Get brains, I heard there is a sale at Wallmart.
20 Feb 2014, 19:00 PM

I think it really depends on how strong the doctrine is overall as to whether this ability should be toned down or not. In NKVD, all the other abilities were so underwhelming, or just too costly, that even as amazing as the ability is, it wasn't enough for anybody to really use the doctrine.

A tell-all ability with PPSH though seems like a really big deal. In both other doctrines that have radio intercept, the implicit disadvantage out the gate for this global knowledge is that you don't get shocks, ppsh's, or guards to deal with the things you know are coming, and have to use the extra time to prepare by building the appropriate building and the appropriate units from your stock force.

If radio intercept is going to stay in this doctrine, it should absolutely be toned down, only yielding information piece-meal, and then maybe, mercifully, something could be done about the ridiculously muni-heavy, small impact abilities of NKVD doctrine as a whole(by shifting something out in favor of a different ability perhaps-like getting rid of rapid conscription in a doctrine that has no perks for its cons).
20 Feb 2014, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2014, 17:53 PMShazz
People are really comparing an ability that requires:

- 3CP
- a 60 munitions investment which can be lost
- a dying soldier (not dead, dying) near the upgraded unit
- requires player action to use
- gives a small window of information

To:

- 0cp
- reports on everything the enemy builds for the rest of the game with 100% accuracy (bugs not withstanding)
- requires no player involvement

This has nothing to do with fanboy-isms, stop "playing the race card". This has always been an issue, it has just been mostly irrelevant because it was in the worst Soviet commander in the game and therefor didn't see the light of day. Now that it is in a good commander it merits looking into.

Passive chance to intercept at some percentage with ability to spend munitions to increase the percentage for say a minute would probably work, though the ability is pretty lazy to begin with.

You right. Soviet one will only give you text notice of what's being build and sometimes a ping on minimal that will show the position. You still can miss that ping however (some skill requirement there and you have to remembered the place for yourself.
German one gives you free recon plane like ability that will show you entire location of enemy army and what's where.
Now you see why the difference?
Not my faulty majority of players don't know how to use it.
And to clarify if Soviet one is OP then German one is game braking. At least be honest when calling for a nerf.
20 Feb 2014, 19:15 PM

You right. Soviet one will only give you text notice of what's being build and sometimes a ping on minimal that will show the position. You still can miss that ping however (some skill requirement there and you have to remembered the place for yourself.
German one gives you free recon plane like ability that will show you entire location of enemy army and what's where.
Now you see why the difference?
Not my faulty majority of players don't know how to use it.
And to clarify if Soviet one is OP then German one is game braking. At least be honest when calling for a nerf.

Well, comparing it to the recon plane is a bit ridiculous and showing the whole army, hardly. The partisan map hack ability is the broken one that shows all units to everyone for 10-12 seconds while the G43 shows it for like 2-4 seconds? Again, I hardly ever use the g43 ability because it doesn't even work a majority of the time. I think radio shouldn't tell you where mines are placed, but I'm fine with it telling the other player if I placed the mine so he can actually invest in minesweepers. Get my point?
20 Feb 2014, 19:20 PM

Germans need something to whine about :p

It'll be this and the 3ppshs for 30 muni until both get moved to 4832.3 cps, are nerfed into oblivion, or both! Germans just can't be pleased unless every single german unit or ability is superior to its soviet counterpart ... Or so it seems anyways. Heaven forbid the soviets have something good :/
20 Feb 2014, 19:27 PM

Germans need something to whine about :p

It'll be this and the 3ppshs for 30 muni until both get moved to 4832.3 cps, are nerfed into oblivion, or both! Germans just can't be pleased unless every single german unit or ability is superior to its soviet counterpart ... Or so it seems anyways. Heaven forbid the soviets have something good :/

I'm sorry, unless you were living under a rock, Nullist has been banned and all the whiners are in the official forum. What people are arguing about is actually something that has been overlooked. Yes, there some idiots here and there who desire an extreme nerf, but in this forum, people are actually reasonable. People like you who just derail forum topics into a hate fest don't belong here. Many users have been banned for this, don't be one of them.
20 Feb 2014, 19:34 PM

I'm sorry, unless you were living under a rock, Nullist has been banned and all the whiners are in the official forum. What people are arguing about is actually something that has been overlooked. Yes, there some idiots here and there who desire an extreme nerf, but in this forum, people are actually reasonable. People like you who just derail forum topics into a hate fest don't belong here. Many users have been banned for this, don't be one of them.

I would agree that most people are reasinable or close to that at least. But not all by along shot. I'm not trying to derail into a hatefest.

More on topic ... Yes the ability is good. But so is the interrogation. I don't think either is "op" just strong. Noone cared about the ability when it was in a shit commander, but now that its in a good commanfer its game breaking? I disagree with this train of thought.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★